+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Are bank runs and financial contagion incoming?

Re: Are bank runs and financial contagion incoming?

Cyril Evans Awaydays, CCMB's senior member and Slough's third oldest resident, is an avid Sun newspaper reader.

When that publication told him to get a Covid needle his astounded carer said he climbed aboard his mobility scooter faster than a ferret can disappear down a rabbit hole.

Unfortunately, his dopey nephew and pillion passenger, fellow CCMB'er Lardy, was typically much slower off the mark which delayed their journey to the vaccination centre.

In a panic, he tore along the town's pavements at a breakneck 15 mph when scattering frightened pedestrians. Nobody was safe. Mothers pushing their prams heard the words: "move you stupid bint, get out of the faarking way!" as the aged, flat cap wearing hooligan approached.

Will he make a similar hysterical dash to the nearest branch of his bank should the currant bun tell him his dough's not safe there?

Not sure if I am supposed to be flattered or appalled that I have joined Sludge as a recipient of your tortuous pen pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    True, but the short-term goal is Digital ID & CBDC among other things, so how else do you do it?
    I presume a banking wipeout would be to spark hyperinflationary chaos rendering everyone's life savings and current income to be reset to effectively nil purchasing power.

Cue riots and societal collapse as every supermarket window goes in, then weeks later when no grub is to be had by the starving masses, people's front doors are booted off their hinges as former good neighbours battle for survival at anyone and everyone else's expense.

When it's adjudged there's been enough death and suffering a One World Government solution would emerge when their blue helmet wearing UN peacekeepers appear to restore order.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I presume a banking wipeout would be to spark hyperinflationary chaos rendering everyone's life savings and current income to be reset to effectively nil purchasing power.

Cue riots and societal collapse as every supermarket window goes in, then weeks later when no grub is to be had by the starving masses, people's front doors are booted off their hinges as former good neighbours battle for survival at anyone and everyone else's expense.

When it's adjudged there's been enough death and suffering a One World Government solution would emerge when their blue helmet wearing UN peacekeepers appear to restore order.
    Sounds good

Crikey, having reread that it was quite depressing.

On a somewhat brighter note, nobody but nobody would give a flying feck about Gary Lineker.

SVB's Chief Risk Officer was busy organising a LGBTQ awareness campaign , hence the phrase of go woke / go broke seems to be the headline of the day.
    You need banks to be boring and dull and safe, not what SVB was. Any company that has money in SVB now looks likely to go under. The board of the bank are probably on a boat to South America by now - or facing a stretch in San Quentin jailhouse. All rather depressing - it's as if this has not happened before is it ?

There are some people out there that actually welcome a collapse - as it means there is some great deals to be done - regardless of the human cost.

Sounds good
    In the type of scenario described there'd be no safe places other than underground bunkers. Many assume they are for the rich and connected to survive thermonuclear war. They could be to wait out a year or two of bloodletting on the surface, perhaps until the required amount of "hackable animals" have depopulated themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    SVB's Chief Risk Officer was busy organising a LGBTQ awareness campaign , hence the phrase of go woke / go broke seems to be the headline of the day.
    You need banks to be boring and dull and safe, not what SVB was. Any company that has money in SVB now looks likely to go under. The board of the bank are probably on a boat to South America by now - or facing a stretch in San Quentin jailhouse. All rather depressing - it's as if this has not happened before is it ?
    looks like they payed out bonuses before the collapse too

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/11/sil...d-bonuses-fdic

Ah, the TWGL1/WalesBales reinforcement franchise. Right on cue.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    looks like they payed out bonuses before the collapse too

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/11/sil...d-bonuses-fdic
    Yep, it's all orchestrated.

So to summarise. The Watch out for the Weffers are exchanging vague dystopian platitudes proudly proclaiming their ability to see around corners. However, when it comes to the Silicon Valley Bank the line seems to be you see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.

Have I got that right or is the real gift waiting until after the event to demonstrate your GCSEs in clairvoyance?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    So to summarise. The Watch out for the Weffers are exchanging vague dystopian platitudes proudly proclaiming their ability to see around corners. However, when it comes to the Silicon Valley Bank the line seems to be you see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.

Have I got that right or is the real gift waiting until after the event to demonstrate your GCSEs in clairvoyance?
    You can rabbit on all you like. What you cannot deny is Schwab's and Harari's publicly made utterings. Those boys are not mucking around.

This could describe how financial meltdown begins to unfold.

Does it look like what has happened with Silicon Valley Bank or something completely different?

It started out with a blip, how did it end up like this? It was only a blip.

Warning of 'existential threat' to UK tech sector after failure of Silicon Valley Bank in the US

https://news.sky.com/story/warning-o...he-us-12831826

I wonder if anyone will publish all of the companies that have accounts with UK SVB. In that world they tend to do business with each other - with the better ones being bought out by the bigger boys like Google, Oracle, Microsoft etc - and I think that's what will happen here - a blip and reset and carry on

It started out with a blip, how did it end up like this? It was only a blip.

Warning of 'existential threat' to UK tech sector after failure of Silicon Valley Bank in the US

https://news.sky.com/story/warning-o...he-us-12831826

I think that the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank will be the start of the the great banking meltdown as I previously gave multiple warnings of in 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or winner, The Great Reset thread.

Come on, you can do it pip.

Oh, I see the spread betters are in

I'm taking my deckchair and sleeping bag down to Barclays Bank, so I can be first in the queue tomorrow to get my money out!

I'm taking my deckchair and sleeping bag down to Barclays Bank, so I can be first in the queue tomorrow to get my money out!
    Gosh. Sounds like you think that the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank will be the start of the the great banking meltdown as I previously gave multiple warnings of in 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or winner, The Great Reset thread is on?

Do you?

Does it look like what has happened with Silicon Valley Bank or something completely different?
    Cyril, nobody other than those with safe spaces to hide would seriously relish the prospect of economic collapse.

If you somehow believe it won't be a negative for you and your disciples around here then think again as next month's televised start of this year's Britain's Got Talent will be cancelled what with complete disorder and confusion that would proceed citizens becoming utterly skint.

I wonder how exposed new UK banks - there is Starling Bank for example, there are a few others as well (but it's sunday and I have coffee to drink)

Gosh. Sounds like you think that the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank will be the start of the the great banking meltdown as I previously gave multiple warnings of in 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or winner, The Great Reset thread is on?

Do you?
    There's a Greggs next door, so it's all good.

I wonder how exposed new UK banks - there is Starling Bank for example, there are a few others as well (but it's sunday and I have coffee to drink)
    We'll have a better understanding tomorrow. The FTSE will be closely watched, and the Fed emergency meeting starts at 16:30 UK time.

We'll have a better understanding tomorrow. The FTSE will be closely watched, and the Fed emergency meeting starts at 16:30 UK time.
    Fingers crossed, I hope everything crashes and burns.

Cyril, nobody other than those with safe spaces to hide would seriously relish the prospect of economic collapse.

If you somehow believe it won't be a negative for you and your disciples around here then think again as next month's televised start of this year's Britain's Got Talent will be cancelled what with complete disorder and confusion that would proceed citizens becoming utterly skint.
    There you go again, Morg with the if you don't buy into our cultish fantasies you are addicted to bubblegum for the eyes.

I am concerned that if I watch too many of your wacky You Tube videos I may be at risk though. Apparently there is a Gullible Fool virus doing the rounds. It can be very contagious to a certain type of mind. There is an effective vaccine though of plenty of access to sunlight and a Bitchute blocker so I should be ok.