+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oh Dear Gary

Oh Dear Gary

BBC to apologize to you. Bet you didn't want that !!!

Re: Oh Dear Gary

I bet he did, and so did millions of decent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I bet he did, and so did millions of decent people.
    Decent people. Okay Jesus.

Whilst MOTD is a lot of fawning nonsense at times how anyone could say it's better without the commentary is beyond me

I am glad Lineker spoke out against the conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Relax, I didn’t mean you.

Gary Barlow from Take Twat on Radio 4 later today with an appeal for homeless conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    What?

why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Relax, I didn’t mean you.
    It's fine, I know you were refering to yourself.

Mods mods they're arguing again

Out of interest, why do you think he wouldnt want that? He has proven with his outside BBC work that he is popular else where and can earn much more than what the BBC are paying him. He genuinely seems to like working on MOTD

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Out of interest, why do you think he wouldnt want that? He has proven with his outside BBC work that he is popular else where and can earn much more than what the BBC are paying him. He genuinely seems to like working on MOTD
    I,m pretty certain Lineker knew what he was doing. A particularly controversial tweet - much more stronger than anything before - and the suspension and support from some quarters just added to his online status. I don't doubt he was hoping he'd get taken off permanently and head off to Sky or somewhere, where he can get even more money. Now he's being seen as holding BBC to ransom, something which the saintly Lineker wouldn't have wanted.

I,m pretty certain Lineker knew what he was doing. A particularly controversial tweet - much more stronger than anything before - and the suspension and support from some quarters just added to his online status. I don't doubt he was hoping he'd get taken off permanently and head off to Sky or somewhere, where he can get even more money. Now he's being seen as holding BBC to ransom, something which the saintly Lineker wouldn't have wanted.
    That makes no sense. He could command a large fee beforehand and I'm not sure exactly if he has a contract but my guess is he could leave at the end of the season whenever he wants.

Huge mental gymnastics in this thread.

That's an insane way of viewing what happened, if you don't mind me saying. No one moves company like that, especially when they can very easily do it the normal way. And apart from a hundred other reasons why this is insane, it makes no sense to do it in March, rather than the summer.

Careful there is only one view

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Careful there is only one view
    Scenario: a boat full of immigrants/refugees heading for the UK sinks in the English channel, killing everyone on board. I reckon people would feel two/three ways about this.

Some would be upset, in varying degrees, at such a horrible loss of life.

Some would either not give a shit or would even celebrate the death of these people.

So, yes there are two very different views. One, I think, is absolutely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Scenario: a boat full of immigrants/refugees heading for the UK sinks in the English channel, killing everyone on board. I reckon people would feel two/three ways about this.

Some would either not give a shit or would even celebrate the death of these people.

So, yes there are two very different views. One, I think, is absolutely horrible.
    Yeah you only have to look at any Facebook post about a boat sinking from a major news outlet, hundreds if not thousands of people using the laughing emoji.

You can see their pictures and profiles, they're always gammon brexiter tories, every single time.

Well done Gary if true 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

That's quite an escalation, Eric.

Unfortunately some did die several months ago. A better question is how to stop said boats, and on that there is a diversity of opinion

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That's an insane way of viewing what happened, if you don't mind me saying.
    In fairness, Monkfish's views on most subjects tend to appear insane. Possibly because many of them are.

I'm glad he will be back on air and hopefully the BBC can clarify guidelines on all this.

One thing that has come out is this tax issue. Is everyone okay with all this tax stuff with Lineker then?

Is he not trying to pay as little tax as possible? Is that true? Is that okay? Is that what we would all do?

Isn't this the kind of tax take that is lumped into the giant figures that people claim should be collected to fund better services?

I'm glad he will be back on air and hopefully the BBC can clarify guidelines on all this.

One thing that has come out is this tax issue. Is everyone okay with all this tax stuff with Lineker then?

Is he not trying to pay as little tax as possible? Is that true? Is that okay? Is that what we would all do?

Isn't this the kind of tax take that is lumped into the giant figures that people claim should be collected to fund better services?
    Hope you keep this post in mind next time you accuse people of “whataboutary”

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Hope you keep this post in mind next time you accuse people of “whataboutary”
    Is that a No from you then? It doesn't matter?

I'm not sure I follow that logic - I think what you are saying is; be controversial, gain fans, get more money?

In this case though, what he has said may make him more popular with the left wing but has certainly made him less popular with the right wing.

I would argue that if simply wanted to leave his job to get more money then he should have kept his mouth shut. He would want a bidding war. Murdoch would now be more wary of appointing him to sky since, a) he is a big tory and b) so are a lot of their subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I'm not sure I follow that logic - I think what you are saying is; be controversial, gain fans, get more money?

In this case though, what he has said may make him more popular with the left wing but has certainly made him less popular with the right wing.

I would argue that if simply wanted to leave his job to get more money then he should have kept his mouth shut. He would want a bidding war. Murdoch would now be more wary of appointing him to sky since, a) he is a big tory and b) so are a lot of their subscribers.
    I think you've followed his logic exactly right.