+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At least this game showed that Isaac

At least this game showed that Isaac

Davies is well out of his depth in the championship.
    We were a completely different team when he was subbed.
    Him and Coldwell are not the answer.
    A typical game of two halves

Re: At least this game showed that Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Isaac Davies is well out of his depth in the championship.
    Utter guff.

Burnley were prepared to pay well to sign him. He's missed most of the season. Any manager will tell you that if a player misses pre-season it's a struggle for the rest of it.

We can write Davies off this season. He's young. Let's see where he is next season after a full pre-season.

How do you expect to be taken even remotely seriously when you mention Coldwell??!! Who the hell is Coldwell?

We were playing worse in the second half until, completely out of the blue, we scored. It was one of only two occasions where we looked remotely like finding the net (the other was Philogene’s shot which was saved) - we didn’t play well when Davies was on the pitch or when he was off it. It was a night where we gladly take a point, move on to the next match and be happy that we’ve not lost at home for three games.

The bizarre thing is we have this thread about Davies but not say Ojo, who looked as bad as I’ve seen him in a City shirt last night. Bizarre section of our fan base.

Yes, taking off someone from an ineffective front line for Kaba was a good idea (although as noted we hardly played better but it did get us the goal) but a 45 minute spell in a crap performance where to my eye he was far from the worst offender and actually was at least trying to make things happen does not say “he’s clearly not Championship level”.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    The bizarre thing is we have this thread about Davies but not say Ojo, who looked as bad as I’ve seen him in a City shirt last night. Bizarre section of our fan base.

Yes, taking off someone from an ineffective front line for Kaba was a good idea (although as noted we hardly played better but it did get us the goal) but a 45 minute spell in a crap performance where to my eye he was far from the worst offender and actually was at least trying to make things happen does not say “he’s clearly not Championship level”.
    It's not bizarre, maybe uncalled for, i can;t have an opinion because i didn't watch the match. We already know that ojo is pretty crap, i doubt anyone on here is going to single him out based on his display yesterday evening as a way of cementing their thoughts on ojo's lack of ability, we've seen him plenty of times. Davies is still in the process of developing, proving himself, Local lad, under more scrutiny,that's the difference, whether that's fair or not.

I felt sorry for Davies, it was a waste playing him out wide. He's not a winger FFS

International

Christ chill a bit we were up against a decent play-off potential team with three of our most influential players missing, Robinson, Kipre, and Wickham, and got a well-earned draw, even Alsopp played quite well.

Take the point, move on, and beat Rotherham and we are virtually safe.

International

We also have some good options upfront with Robinson, Wickham, Kabba, Etete and Davies in his best position and with a run of games, things are miles better than they were a month ago!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We also have some good options upfront with Robinson, Wickham, Kabba, Etete and Davies in his best position and with a run of games, things are miles better than they were a month ago!
    Is Robinson going to be seen again this season?

Hopefully Wickham is fit for the really big ones Rotherham Swansea Blackpool Huddersfield. 2 almost must win home games and 2 must not lose aways.

We need Kabba and Wickham up front as much as possible.

It looked to me that Davies was perhaps trying too hard, trying things not quite natural to him to try and impress rather than concentrating on doing what he's good at. To be expected from a youngster trying to force his way into the team I suppose and all he was guilty of was inexperience rather being out of his depth - his time will come

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Hopefully Wickham is fit for the really big ones Rotherham Swansea Blackpool Huddersfield. 2 almost must win home games and 2 must not lose aways.

I hope so, I thought they were hoping to have him back after the international break?

If not Kaba and Wickham would be a handful and we would still have Etete and Davies and Harris for back up.

WBA done their homework on us. Any winger would have struggled last night because they doubled up on any wide player which stopped the crosses thereby nullifying our forwards.

Change was tactical.

Him and etete were thrown together for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

They cause damage , lay the ball off and can score goals

Our fringe players don't seem to do anything at all when given the chance

Of course it's not easy when like last night they are played in unfamiliar positions but you would expect some kind of offering or glimpses

It's a shame we all want our players to do well , score goals , bond with the crowd etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I felt sorry for Davies, it was a waste playing him out wide. He's not a winger FFS
    I think the problem is like sparky it's a case of what exactly is he ?

In a side that wasn't in trouble we would probably see a lot more of these players

I thought the game typified City's inability to give good service to the forwards - and forwards (Etete and Isaac) who would probably not have done much had the ball reached them more often anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I think the difference is there are regular calls for Davies to be included and lots of fans seem to have high hopes for him. The same can’t be said for Ojo on either count.

Regarding Davies, the jury is well and truly out as far as I’m concerned. I think he’s becoming one of those players who doesn’t have a natural position. He reminds me of Paul Brayson and Jason Bowen in that respect. He’s obviously got talent, but I can’t see where he’ll fit into the side long term.

Is there an impatience with our young players? Is it a bother to have to watch them develop, making mistakes as they go? If Davies had played as often as Philogene he would've had as many decent games but the loan player gets more leeway. I thought he did okay in a shambling attack after a while out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Is there an impatience with our young players? Is it a bother to have to watch them develop, making mistakes as they go? If Davies had played as often as Philogene he would've had as many decent games but the loan player gets more leeway. I thought he did okay in a shambling attack after a while out.
    I was really surprised to see Davies in the side last night and it was a big ask to expect him to do well with no sub appearances lately and him having sat out the last couple of under 21 matches - I would have liked to have seen him used alongside Etete in a front two as he’s never had a chance of playing there in the first team.

As for any impatience, I think you’re right, but it seems to me that the OP in this thread was on a fishing expedition- the spelling of Colwill has been remarked upon and he also got the spelling of Isaak wrong.

I think now isn't the time to be experimenting

The fringe players will be under less pressure from the fans and from themselves once we have secured a few more wins

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Christ chill a bit we were up against a decent play-off potential team with three of our most influential players missing, Robinson, Kipre, and Wickham, and got a well-earned draw, even Alsopp played quite well.

Take the point, move on, and beat Rotherham and we are virtually safe.
    They were marginally better than us and had that little bit more - but not so much that we couldn't compete. Will def take a point. What I was more please about was that we didnt cave in for the last 10 mins and managed to all stay focused. You could see that - at the end of the game - a few of then just sank to their knees in relief that we got something and didnt concede.

Play like that against similar teams this year and I'll be happy (considering where we've come from)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Agreed. He wasn’t given a chance to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    If Davies had played as often as Philogene he would've had as many decent games….
    I think you’re making a big assumption there. I don’t believe Davies has as much natural ability as Philogene.

I don’t think anyone in the team has as much natural ability as Philogene but to criticise Isaac after, just one half, is harsh