Referee: OLIVER LANGFORD
    Assistants: Andrew Fox and Andrew Dallison
    Fourth Official : Simon Mather

Re: ROTHERHAM UTD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Just been announced that tickets will be on sale on the day, from 1.00pm

They have improved their home form so this will be a difficult game for us

Does Lamouchi actually do press conferences? Team news always seems very thin on the ground since he’s arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Nothing is ever straight forward is it Was surprised to hear we were flying to Rotherham (Well East Midlands airport) in first place!

Sounds like another plane due in shortly as a replacement to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Nothing is ever straight forward is it Was surprised to hear we were flying to Rotherham (Well East Midlands airport) in first place!

Sounds like another plane due in shortly as a replacement to take them.
    Just get a coach, that is ridiculous to fly there.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Just get a coach, that is ridiculous to fly there.
    The coach actually goes to Rotherham empty , and meets the players at the airport apparently.

City, clearly in the bottom of the Carbon Footprint league.

It feels like the last 10 years we've moaning for a striker goal scorer, if we get one he doesn't get any support and is left up top on his own. Just dawned on me how few goals we have scored this season. When are we going to get this right ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Does Lamouchi actually do press conferences? Team news always seems very thin on the ground since he’s arrived.
    Who cares, too much crap football clichés which mean very little .

Results matter not worthless repeated feckless questions from second rate reporters asking the obvious .

I'd give little away about selection and deliver on the field, action before words .

You can see he doesn't like the pre and post match interviews and would blame him. Its not top quality journalists he's facing?

Take another point tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    It feels like the last 10 years we've moaning for a striker goal scorer, if we get one he doesn't get any support and is left up top on his own. Just dawned on me how few goals we have scored this season. When are we going to get this right ?
    Trouble is once a striker starts to score he is off not off to the glory land tapoed up by agents anf clubs , especially if a club offers to double his City wages , which ain't going to be tough ..

All we can hope for is a 29 /30 /31 year old out contract on the wane....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think it's more to do with the poor WOL reporting.
    From what I can gather Wickham trained today and will travel if ok.(plane permitting) Robinson may not be ready for Swansea, as hoped. Apart from that know feck all.

Really dont fancy this one. 6 pointer for both teams. Generally we do not do well when chips are down.
    Hoping for draw but not confident at all.
    1-1

• Rotherham are winless in six league games against Cardiff (D2 L4) since a 2-1 home win in the 2015-16 campaign.
    • Cardiff have won three of their last four league visits to Rotherham United (L1), winning each of their last two at the New York Stadium.
    • Only Huddersfield Town and Watford (four each) have won fewer Saturday matches in the Championship this season than Rotherham United (five).
    • Cardiff City have failed to score in 12 of their last 17 away league games and have lost five of their last six on the road (W1), failing to score in every defeat.
    • Across spells with Nottingham Forest and Cardiff, Sabri Lamouchi has won just one of his last 12 away Championship matches (D4 L7), losing seven of the last eight on the road (W1).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    • Rotherham are winless in six league games against Cardiff (D2 L4) since a 2-1 home win in the 2015-16 campaign.
    • Cardiff have won three of their last four league visits to Rotherham United (L1), winning each of their last two at the New York Stadium.
    • Only Huddersfield Town and Watford (four each) have won fewer Saturday matches in the Championship this season than Rotherham United (five).
    • Cardiff City have failed to score in 12 of their last 17 away league games and have lost five of their last six on the road (W1), failing to score in every defeat.
    • Across spells with Nottingham Forest and Cardiff, Sabri Lamouchi has won just one of his last 12 away Championship matches (D4 L7), losing seven of the last eight on the road (W1).
    Dont know what to make of those stats.
    About time Lamouchi sorted his away form out.

Matchday Odds

Rotherham - 15/8
    Draw - 11/5
    Cardiff - 6/4

Plane to undertake a journey of 4 hours by coach ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Matchday Odds

Rotherham - 15/8
    Draw - 11/5
    Cardiff - 6/4
    We’re the favourites? I’m surprised

Ladbrokes have Rotherham 2-1 City 6-4.

Our form has been inspired
    A battling draw against West Brom
    Kipre back and playing 3-5-2
    Can see us scoring three 🤞

SuperBluebirds91

Really important game today. If somehow we can get a win I believe we would then be well on our way to avoiding the drop. A point would also be a good result today IMO. I expect both teams to be absolutely going for it as Rotherham will see this as a game that they can leave us behind. I’m going for a 1-1 but hope it’s even better. Can’t lose this otherwise it opens the door for other to keep closing the gap.

I had a glancing thought the other day we would win 3 nil.

Just a random thought in my head... Instantly went "for **** sake you've jinxed it" to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    Really important game today. If somehow we can get a win I believe we would then be well on our way to avoiding the drop. A point would also be a good result today IMO. I expect both teams to be absolutely going for it as Rotherham will see this as a game that they can leave us behind. I’m going for a 1-1 but hope it’s even better. Can’t lose this otherwise it opens the door for other to keep closing the gap.
    But we can lose it.

If others below is don't win.

People need to understand were avoiding teams below us, obviously it's better if we catch teams that's much preferred and drags others into it, but we just need to get more points than those below us.