+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ROTHERHAM UTD A - A CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: ROTHERHAM UTD A - A CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Still furious about this 3 hrs later. 3 points would have put daylight between us and the relegation spots.
    Very shabby by Rotherham. Clear they weren't bothered.
    Same. So frustrating.

I've been watching football for quite a while and never seen anything like that. Very disappointing but it could have been worse if the NG free kick had gone. Onwards and upwards

One fork, languidly applied, to try and drain the pitch. That after sprinkling the pitch when it was raining at half time. Took 20 minutes for two guys to start to slowly push (and then pull) water back onto the pitch. One guy with a small broom pushing the water around FFS! EFL should investigate whether Rotherham's pitch meets requirements* for playing in the Championship and the devious means by which their club got the match abandoned. No wonder there was a bit of argy bargy outside, afterwards.
    *are there any standards relating to drainage?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Fair play to them I say, any team would have done the same.

Timing of the rearranged fixture will be crucial. With Huddersfield likely to stay up with Warnock in charge, it could be seen as a relegation play off final!
    We are a joke of a club a lot of the time but i don’t think we’d have done that.

If I was a Rotherham fan tonight I’d be seriously embarrassed. The fact they were celebrating when it was abandoned says a lot about their team.

Shouldn’t be playing at this level if that’s the standard of their pitch, hopefully they won’t need to for much longer

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Blackpool, QPR and Wigan all losing.

If match is abandoned is the full game replayed?
    Nah mate we start 1 nil up Tuesday with the second half replayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Just looked on their message board and their fans are delighted and think it’s hilarious we’re upset. Hope it bites them and they end up going down
    As ours would be

FA rule

If the match is abandoned by the referee due to a significant change in the weather or the pitch becomes unplayable the match will be replayed from scratch regardless of score or how many minutes have elapsed.

SuperBluebirds91

I am not saying that the FA rules don’t exist about restarting the game but if this happens the decision goes completely in their favour as it’s like giving them another chance at a game that we were playing well and ahead in. Now we have to play another game in a congested month of fixtures and trying to stay up. It isn’t fair at all if we have to restart. I cannot believe how (as with the derby match and snow etc) everytime this happens it’s always us that is at the wrong end of the decision and I’m fed up with it. That derby match should never had been cancelled and they knew exactly what they were doing because they had half the squad out injured. They even won the match that was rearranged! Completely in their favour. Why should we restart a match that we are already winning? The match should be played from
    48 mins and 1 up - that is the only fair way to restart. Starting it nil nil from the beginning is like giving them another chance. Not to mention the fact that their efforts to do anything were so obviously lame. I am wondering if there was a problem with their drainage system or something because the water should be pouring down those drains at the side of the pitch but it wasn’t going anywhere. I know this sounds completely crazy but could they have turned off the drainage system? Can’t think why else it wouldn’t go down. I know people say we would have done the same but no I don’t believe it would happen at home as we have got a good drainage system at our ground. I’ve been there before and it’s been absolutely pelting it down and the water has just disappeared very fast. The more I think about it they 1. Either had a problem with their drainage system or 2. There was a way of actually turning the drainage system off on purpose.

We were 1 nil up.

We weren't well ahead.

We were much the better team yes.

Still only 1 up.

Games have always been replayed and the fixtures have always been congested.

It's not fair, but that's not a thing in football, if we went down that rabbit hole we'd get lost forever..a lot isn't fair in football.

The article fails to mention that, as part of the defence scheme to reduce flood risk in Rotherham, the pitch at the Arseseal Stadium has been designed as an attenuation pond to hold back rainwater and so reduce surface runoff into the Don. In that respect it the pitch did a magnificent job. Rotherham was saved. Mothers and their newborn can sleep soundly at night.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I am not saying that the FA rules don’t exist about restarting the game but if this happens the decision goes completely in their favour as it’s like giving them another chance at a game that we were playing well and ahead in. Now we have to play another game in a congested month of fixtures and trying to stay up. It isn’t fair at all if we have to restart. I cannot believe how (as with the derby match and snow etc) everytime this happens it’s always us that is at the wrong end of the decision and I’m fed up with it. That derby match should never had been cancelled and they knew exactly what they were doing because they had half the squad out injured. They even won the match that was rearranged! Completely in their favour. Why should we restart a match that we are already winning? The match should be played from
    48 mins and 1 up - that is the only fair way to restart. Starting it nil nil from the beginning is like giving them another chance. Not to mention the fact that their efforts to do anything were so obviously lame. I am wondering if there was a problem with their drainage system or something because the water should be pouring down those drains at the side of the pitch but it wasn’t going anywhere. I know this sounds completely crazy but could they have turned off the drainage system? Can’t think why else it wouldn’t go down. I know people say we would have done the same but no I don’t believe it would happen at home as we have got a good drainage system at our ground. I’ve been there before and it’s been absolutely pelting it down and the water has just disappeared very fast. The more I think about it they 1. Either had a problem with their drainage system or 2. There was a way of actually turning the drainage system off on purpose.
    A law of the game is not going to be changed because of Cardiff City. A game could be abandoned at any time due to adverse weather. A football match lasts 90 minutes + any added times for stoppages, yesterday’s didn’t. Yes, we were one up and on top but there certainly wasn’t a guarantee that the second half would carry on in the same way. Rotherham’s pitch not coping should certainly be looked into and, if found at fault, they should be punished in some way but it won’t be in the form of changing a law of the game.

I think the fixture should be played at CCS just in case it rains

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    I think the fixture should be played at CCS just in case it rains
    That bloody dome across the road blew away, didn’t it? Would have came in useful.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A law of the game is not going to be changed because of Cardiff City. A game could be abandoned at any time due to adverse weather. A football match lasts 90 minutes + any added times for stoppages, yesterday’s didn’t. Yes, we were one up and on top but there certainly wasn’t a guarantee that the second half would carry on in the same way. Rotherham’s pitch not coping should certainly be looked into and, if found at fault, they should be punished in some way but it won’t be in the form of changing a law of the game.
    Rotherham obviously thought it would carry on in the same way.

At least it's not as bad as this game abandoned.....
    https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/on...story-63747345

BBC league table has reinstated 3 points for City, maybe they know something

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    BBC league table has reinstated 3 points for City, maybe they know something
    I noticed that as well

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I cannot believe how (as with the derby match and snow etc) everytime this happens it’s always us that is at the wrong end of the decision and I’m fed up with it.

Apparently, this last happened in 1967.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Apparently, this last happened in 1967.
    There you go then, The FA hate us.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We were 1 nil up.

We weren't well ahead.

We were much the better team yes.

Still only 1 up.

Games have always been replayed and the fixtures have always been congested.

It's not fair, but that's not a thing in football, if we went down that rabbit hole we'd get lost forever..a lot isn't fair in football.
    So we stick with draconian rule because that's just the way it is?? Nonsense. Where on earth is the logic is restarting from scratch and ignoring the first 48 minutes??? Does Philogene's goal get stuck off? What if someone was sent off for violent conduct - does that get forgotten? The match doesn't need to be replayed - just resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    So we stick with draconian rule because that's just the way it is?? Nonsense. Where on earth is the logic is restarting from scratch and ignoring the first 48 minutes??? Does Philogene's goal get stuck off? What if someone was sent off for violent conduct - does that get forgotten? The match doesn't need to be replayed - just resumed.
    If it was just resumed, I would imagine there would only be a pocket-full of City fans in attendance. I mean, who's going to travel to Rotherham for a mid-week game with just 43 minutes of normal time remaining?
    Also, the intensity would be different to that of two teams who had already played 47 minutes or so of football - fresh legs and the need to go at it for only one half of a normal game. It would create an artificial condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    If it was just resumed, I would imagine there would only be a pocket-full of City fans in attendance. I mean, who's going to travel to Rotherham for a mid-week game with just 43 minutes of normal time remaining?
    Also, the intensity would be different to that of two teams who had already played 47 minutes or so of football - fresh legs and the need to go at it for only one half of a normal game. It would create an artificial condition.
    I get that but there has t be a better way than pretending the first 48 minutes never happened. Maybe start a full 90 minutes at the score when it was abandoned. Imagine a team being being 3 or 4 up and losing that advantage

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Yes, Philogene's goal gets struck off.

As for resuming the game rather than replaying it, what would be the rules? I presume you think that the same players should be on the pitch, otherwise it wouldn't be the same game. So what if players get injured between now and the resumption?

Let's face it, if it's played on a different day it's a different game with a different set of circumstances.

The game is going to be restarted at 0-0.

I can see more lawyers getting rich chasing a lost cause if we lose and get relegated though.