+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: ROTHERHAM UTD A - A CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: ROTHERHAM UTD A - A CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Must be a conspiracy and Rotherham used kids washable paints to paint the lines
    Your joke is reality. For environmental reasons they now have to use water based paints not solvent based.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Your joke is reality. For environmental reasons they now have to use water based paints not solvent based.
    I much prefer real life comedy haha

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    When I was in school, I think the pitches were marked with lime. Lime can burn the skin, so I'm not sure how they went about diluting it.

International

The drainage must be rubbish, I've never seen a pitch like that when it rained as heavily for 90 minutes, this was fifteen minutes of rain, and it should be almost impossible to flood a football pitch.

It is what it is we'll have to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    When I was in school, I think the pitches were marked with lime. Lime can burn the skin, so I'm not sure how they went about diluting it.
    Andy Dibble was burnt from pitch markings when playing for Barry Town. Not sure what substance was being used but I think he got some compensation.

back in 2014 they thought their pitch drainage was pretty good...

“It’s a new pitch, a year and half two years old. It’s got a fantastic draining system on it. That was one of the specs I wanted when we constructed it, to get a top of the range drainage system. It shows now, when a lot of games are being called off we’re still able to play and we’re still watering at half-time"

Pitch looked in pretty decent shape at 6pm, with lines still in tact (I'm presuming they didn't go and repaint them!).

https://twitter.com/GlenWilliams12/s...831244801?s=19

When the rain stopped it looked as though the ‘blurred white overspill’ had vanished and the lines looked as normal. Is is a case of the ref abandoning it too early? Did he have a heavy Saturday night date? Flash flooding, massive puddles etc occurs pretty often and drains can’t cope, not long after the rain stops though it does disappear. There surely can’t be a time limit on a game stoppage, it wasn’t a midweek night game. If it had resumed at half six it would have been done and dusted before half seven, which is before midweek kick off times anyway. The technology is there to have a look if there was going to be another deluge in the meantime.

In terms of the rearranged fixture, it could be as late as Friday May 12th. Clubs have to have their players available for four days after the end of the normal season:
    "29.3.2 *any Registered Players,
    remain available to the Club during the period of four days commencing with the day after the day of the Club’s last fixture in the League Competition (including play-off matches) so as to enable the fulfilment of any fixtures (in full or in part) ordered by The League to be played after the end of the Season (if any)."
    New one on me.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    In terms of the rearranged fixture, it could be as late as Friday May 12th. Clubs have to have their players available for four days after the end of the normal season:
    "29.3.2 *any Registered Players,
    remain available to the Club during the period of four days commencing with the day after the day of the Club’s last fixture in the League Competition (including play-off matches) so as to enable the fulfilment of any fixtures (in full or in part) ordered by The League to be played after the end of the Season (if any)."
    New one on me.
    Definitely won’t be after the season has finished on May 8th

There would be mayhem if Cardiff & Rotherham were allowed to know what they needed to stay up

Yep! That EFL rule will not be needed but does go to show that fixtures don't have to be cometed by the end of the season. Imagine if both teams had to win to stay up. So long as Burnley isn't postponed....