+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What does Hodgson's re-appointment at Palace tell us about the state of football in the Premiership?

Re: What does Hodgson's re-appointment at Palace tell us about the state of football in the Premiership?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It sort of tells me that older styles of football can work in the Premiership - and that newer styles are dependant on the abilities of managers and players.

Cutting edge analysis there.

Re: What does Hodgson's re-appointment at Palace tell us about the state of football in the Premiership?

Zaha is having a poor season by his standards and Palace are seriously short of goals. If Hodgson can get Zaha playing then the goals should come - you wouldn’t expect a Hodgson team to start conceding more goals.

The Premier league is money grabbing corporate bullshit

The only good thing about it is when smaller clubs are in it annoying the spoilt brats

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Something had to be done . I believe it was the right decision. 12 games without a win, up until the Arsenal game , 4 games without scoring. Football is a results business. Views didn’t get any.
    Patrick Views doesn't have the same ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The Premier league is money grabbing corporate bullshit

The only good thing about it is when smaller clubs are in it annoying the spoilt brats
    We all know what it is.

It isn't going to change.

The smaller teams don't bother the big boys either, let's be honest.

Leicester won the league then it went back to normal. You'll get the odd season of a team or 2 having a decent go at it like Fulham and Brentford but they often tail off.

Place have 10 games to, 8 of those are against teams below them.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Their only priority this season is staying up. They have the option of a massively experienced coach, who has operated at the highest levels during a very successful career. He also knows the club extremely well. Why would they not appoint him.

While hodgsons teams do tend to be defensive, I'd object to the idea that he's a proponent of 'old fashioned football' as has been suggested. He likes his side's to get the ball down on the floor and keep possession. He's hardly an old school hoof it merchant
    Very successful?
    Apart from helping a few Scandinavian clubs to improve, which wasn't exactly difficult, what exactly has he achieved in the UK that makes you think he's been successful?

I just looked at the PL table. Jesus! There are 9 teams in the fight to stay up with only 4 points separating the bottom from the "top".

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I just looked at the PL table. Jesus! There are 9 teams in the fight to stay up with only 4 points separating the bottom from the "top".
    Great, isn’t it? The Premier League has been excellent entertainment so far this season. A title race with an unexpected contender that looks likely to go to the wire, a wide open relegation battle, the likes of Brighton, Brentford and Fulham punching above their weight and a record-breaking goalscorer.

At various stages this season, six or seven different sides have looked doomed to relegation. Southampton and Bournemouth are the current favourites, but with nine clubs right in the mix anything could happen.

Meanwhile in the real football world working class clubs like Bury struggle whilst the fat cats wallow in filthy cash

Manchester United about to be sold for a Disgraceful amount of money

God bless the Premier League , its only 60 quid a ticket

Meanwhile in the real football world working class clubs like Bury struggle whilst the fat cats wallow in filthy cash

You'd pay it too for a day in the Kop.

When was it any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    You'd pay it too for a day in the Kop.
    I wouldn't give my money to that bunch

Spurs , Arsenal .....how are working class fans of those clubs who cannot afford season tickets able to watch their club ?

Most of these clubs income now comes from tv money yet they still stiff the supporters

And it filters down through the leagues

I think it's all bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    When was it any different?
    The gulf between the rich and poor in football has never been greater

And if the Premier league has its way it will increase

Horrible monstrosity

I am amazed people are still prepared to pay obscene money to watch football

To be fair CCFC pricing is very reasonable but even in the championships some clubs are fleecing the fans

I wouldn't give my money to that bunch

Spurs , Arsenal .....how are working class fans of those clubs who cannot afford season tickets able to watch their club ?

Most of these clubs income now comes from tv money yet they still stiff the supporters

And it filters down through the leagues

I think it's all bollocks
    Corporate greed, we both know that.
    It'll never change Sludge, CCFC would be charging £60 a ticket if they thought they could get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Since the last 40 or so years of his career I think .
    Nonsense

He drills his team well defensively and defends deep. Hoping to nick a 1-0 on the break.

His teams are usually in negative possession compared to the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Corporate greed, we both know that.
    It'll never change Sludge, CCFC would be charging £60 a ticket if they thought they could get away with it.
    You like to think some clubs know where they come from

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    At various stages this season, six or seven different sides have looked doomed to relegation. Southampton and Bournemouth are the current favourites, but with nine clubs right in the mix anything could happen.

This situation seems to have bypassed everyone.

This situation seems to have bypassed everyone.
    It's exciting if you support these sides or have a sky package but the rest of football is being left behind by this circus of money

This situation seems to have bypassed everyone. Cutting edge analysis there.
    What it tells me is that older styles of football can work in the Premier League and newer styles are dependent on the abilities of managers and players.

The gulf between the rich and poor in football has never been greater

And if the Premier league has its way it will increase

Horrible monstrosity

I am amazed people are still prepared to pay obscene money to watch football

To be fair CCFC pricing is very reasonable but even in the championships some clubs are fleecing the fans
    This is certainly correct, but there have always been haves and have-nots. You only have to look at the (old) stadiums to see that. Can you imagine the difference in gate receipts between Gigg Lane and Old Trafford before TV even became involved in the game?

What it tells me is that older styles of football can work in the Premier League and newer styles are dependent on the abilities of managers and players.
    Not convinced.
    You sure you haven't cut and pasted this?

Just to the end of the season to give them time to appoint the right candidate. Makes sense

Not convinced. You sure you haven't cut and pasted this?
    Dammit. Foiled again.

Dammit. Foiled again.
    I'm reading this as tacit admission on here that you're a tin foil hatter.