+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kevin McNaughton on his mental health struggles

Kevin McNaughton on his mental health struggles

Re: Kevin McNaughton on his mental health struggles

Good to hear he’s doing better, must be tough opening up to the media like he has. Didn’t realise he was back in football, albeit Scottish 6th tier, but hopefully that’ll help him in the long run.

It was great seeing him at the Liverpool FA Cup game last season. It was only a few weeks after his tweets so I guess a lot of people had figured out something was up. I remember him walking into the pub opposite Anfield and the whole place cheering and singing his name. Then throughout the game singing various renditions of his songs.

Good news.

Good for him.

Can be a tough ride.

What's the best we'll have posters on here that have belittled MH wishing him well.

That is brilliant news.

Good news, thank God he’s come through it.

Good lad

A member of the England squad was on the news talking about his recent battles

Good to hear.
    Met him once and he came across as a very humble and nice fella.
    Was a very good player for us too, of course.
    Everybody loved Super Kev, 100% effort always, and a good bloke to boot. I hope he keeps doing well.

Good for Kev. He always struck me as a decent bloke and it must be very hard to come to terms with the loss of a career that is all youve known and which brings adulation and riches with it.

Good for him for talking about it too.

I make it that three weeks Sunday it will be the tenth anniversary of our first promotion to the Premier League. If you think back to that night now and try to remember just one image from it, I'm sure an awful lot of us would come up with that picture of Super Kev being chaired off the pitch by a group of fans. Probably more than any other player, McNaughton was the one who reacted like a fan to our promotion - clearly the night meant an awful lot to him and losing the opportunity to have more occasions like that must be one of the things which makes retirement from the game harder to cope with for some.

Best of luck to Kevin and I hope he makes a success of his job as manager of Dundee North End - they're currently fifth in a nineteen team league.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Good to hear.
    Everybody loved Super Kev, 100% effort always, and a good bloke to boot. I hope he keeps doing well.
    I admired him so much I agreed a special arrangement with him and my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Good to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I make it that three weeks Sunday it will be the tenth anniversary of our first promotion to the Premier League. If you think back to that night now and try to remember just one image from it, I'm sure an awful lot of us would come up with that picture of Super Kev being chaired off the pitch by a group of fans. Probably more than any other player, McNaughton was the one who reacted like a fan to our promotion - clearly the night meant an awful lot to him and losing the opportunity to have more occasions like that must be one of the things which makes retirement from the game harder to cope with for some.

Best of luck to Kevin and I hope he makes a success of his job as manager of Dundee North End - they're currently fifth in a nineteen team league.
    If he makes a success at Dundee I wonder if Preston might snap him up?