+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Important than Cake IMHO.

More Important than Cake IMHO.

We'll all be going round in rickshaws in a few years...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...al-m4-26526216

Re: More Important than Cake IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We'll all be going round in rickshaws in a few years...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...al-m4-26526216
    There's only one Earth you know. In my opinion the "cake" issue is far more important. Honesty, Integrity, Responsibility and Accountability are crucial aspects of sound governance.

This just emphasises to me the stupidity of completely scrapping the tolls on the Severn Bridges. Take this quote from the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46539184

"The UK Government has estimated that toll removal could see traffic rise by six million more vehicles a year which could increase congestion further along the M4 at Newport's infamous traffic bottleneck, the Brynglas Tunnels.

The Welsh Government predicts toll removal will increase traffic by 20% over the M4 bridge - adding an extra 7% of traffic at the tunnels, a stretch already dealing with double its vehicle capacity".

I said at the time that all they had to do was significantly reduce the toll from £6.70 for a car say to a nominal £2 and from £20 to say £5 for an HGV. Drivers would have would have been happy with that (I certainly would have when I was commuting to Bristol every day) and the revenue raised could have been used towards building the M4 relief road around Newport. This would ease traffic in the Brynglas area and hence simultaneously reduce air pollution there.

The problem around Newport is not so much the tunnels (though they don't help), but the abundance of junctions in the area. There are six junctions around Newport, whereas at Cardiff, there are only three. You can't really use the M4 as a short cut around Cardiff, whereas in Newport that's exactly what a lot of people use it for. All this traffic either joining or leaving the carriageway tends to slow the rest down. The problems started when they added the extra junctions at Brynglas. It might have eased traffic in Newport itself, but it has added greatly to the motorway load.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    There's only one Earth you know. In my opinion the "cake" issue is far more important. Honesty, Integrity, Responsibility and Accountability are crucial aspects of sound governance.
    Says Bill Gates and his mates as trillions of dollars are sucked upwards into the pockets of the global elite.

Serious question, how poor do you actually want to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Says Bill Gates and his mates as trillions of dollars are sucked upwards into the pockets of the global elite.

Like a church mouse.

Like a church mouse.
    I admire your optimism!

China burned through 900 million tons of coal last year. Russia [with China's assistance] cut down forests in Siberia for logging, equivalent to the size of Greater London. Tell them there's 'only one earth you know'

China burned through 900 million tons of coal last year. Russia [with China's assistance] cut down forests in Siberia for logging, equivalent to the size of Greater London. Tell them there's 'only one earth you know'
    I've reminded them too. Remember, there's only one Earth ....for all of us!

As far as I know, Russia and China currently don't have any plans to implement the great reset (Agenda 30/50), which involves individual nations purposely shrinking their own country's energy supply, that by definition leads to reduced economic output. Western leaders are also following economic policy that that has been devised by the large multinational corporations, and other globalist think tanks. These outcomes are obviously going to be devastating for most of the population, but things couldn't be any better for those who are sitting at the top of the food chain.

I've reminded them too. Remember, there's only one Earth ....for all of us!
    Sometimes a little perspective is required!

YAH2.jpg

YAH2.jpg
    True but we haven't found any extraterrestrial life forms yet and the prospect of Terra Forming any other planet is not on the immediate horizon. I think it far more prudent to start growing up and make efforts to protect our own backyard in the meantime.

True but we haven't found any extraterrestrial life forms yet and the prospect of Terra Forming any other planet is not on the immediate horizon. I think it far more prudent to start growing up and make efforts to protect our own backyard in the meantime.
    Isn't it a bit strange to think that anything people do will make even a slight difference to the universe?

Isn't it a bit strange to think that anything people do will make even a slight difference to the universe?
    No, quite the contrary in fact, particularly if one indulges in solipsism.

ahh come on...it's for the people to stand up and stand side by side with the politicians that already have these fantastic attributes

No, quite the contrary in fact, particularly if one indulges in solipsism.
    The earth has never blinked, no matter what has been thrown at it throughout it's long and storied history. On the other hand, if you want to introduce a new economic system that restricts peoples movement and makes them poorer, then climate would become a favoured weapon of choice.

The earth has never blinked, no matter what has been thrown at it throughout it's long and storied history. On the other hand, if you want to introduce a new economic system that restricts peoples movement and makes them poorer, then climate would become a favoured weapon of choice.
    The Earth has never blinked because it doesn't have eyes.

The Earth has never blinked because it doesn't have eyes.
    You can give it some eyes if you are a good enough story teller.

You can give it some eyes if you are a good enough story teller.
    We are it's eyes and ears.

We are it's eyes and ears.
    The good thing is we are on a timeline, so we will find out the truth eventually, but it may be too late by then.

The good thing is we are on a timeline, so we will find out the truth eventually, but it may be too late by then.
    There is no timeline. Everything is eternal.

There is no timeline. Everything is eternal.
    Only in fairy tales, remember that.

Only in fairy tales, remember that.
    No that's what The Elite want you to think. Don't believe a word of it.

No that's what The Elite want you to think. Don't believe a word of it.
    The fairy tales go back thousands of years

YAH2.jpg
    I thought we were in a firmament