+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iwan Morgan

Iwan Morgan

We missed out on Cardiff boy Iwan. I know him as his younger brother has played in the same rugby team as my grandson for many years. He's a really nice lad, always watches his brother on a Sunday, and is unbelievably strong. He's built like a rugby flanker.

Anyway he scored two for Wales yesterday, his first was pure quality.

https://twitter.com/sgorio/status/16...WLsi9R1_Q&s=19

Re: Iwan Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    We missed out on Cardiff boy Iwan. I know him as his younger brother has played in the same rugby team as my grandson for many years. He's a really nice lad, always watches his brother on a Sunday, and is unbelievably strong. He's built like a rugby flanker.

What the hell is he doing on Swansea city's books ?

Seems like our youth set up is walking round with its eyes shut

That was so well taken, how come he’s down west? Poor show by the City missing out on him just for that goal alone.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What the hell is he doing on Swansea city's books ?

Seems like our youth set up is walking round with its eyes shut
    He looks like a big lump who can play a bit

I couldn't give a toss about the bigger Welsh picture , why isn't he playing for CCFC ?

So many people in football outside the playing staff do not deserve the positions they have.

City’s Academy will be celebrating its twentieth anniversary next year. Who’s the best striker produced by it in that time? Cameron Jerome played about three Academy games for us and, since then, it seems any striker who displays any real promise as a teenager signs for a Manchester club - in terms of games played for our first team, Mark Harris has to be the best striker produced by our Academy - maybe Iwan Morgan, his parents and representatives were aware of this and figured he’d be better off somewhere else?

To be fair, there’s a lot of City representation in the Welsh squad Morgan is part of and they seem to be one of our stronger ones we’ve had, but,as is usually the case with us, they’re midfielders and defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    City’s Academy will be celebrating its twentieth anniversary next year. Who’s the best striker produced by it in that time? Cameron Jerome played about three Academy games for us and, since then, it seems any striker who displays any real promise as a teenager signs for a Manchester club - in terms of games played for our first team, Mark Harris has to be the best striker produced by our Academy - maybe Iwan Morgan, his parents and representatives were aware of this and figured he’d be better off somewhere else?

To be fair, there’s a lot of City representation in the Welsh squad Morgan is part of and they seem to be one of our stronger ones we’ve had, but,as is usually the case with us, they’re midfielders and defenders.
    Ben Cabango

Why is he with the jacks ?

When did he start at scumsea?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    When did he start at scumsea?
    A few years ago. He'd been at Cardiff since he was about 7 years old

A few years ago. He'd been at Cardiff since he was about 7 years old
    So why hasn't he been taken on ?

Are Cardiff City completely incompetent ?

So why hasn't he been taken on ?

Are Cardiff City completely incompetent ?
    City had three in the starting line-up last night plus Crew (Leeds) and Biancheri (Man Utd) as well as three more on the bench. It's a good representation I'd say but carry on howling at the moon if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    City had three in the starting line-up last night plus Crew (Leeds) and Biancheri (Man Utd) as well as three more on the bench. It's a good representation I'd say but carry on howling at the moon if you want.
    Well as we are the biggest club in Wales I should think so wouldn't you ?

If we can try and stay on focus here .....why are talented players from Cardiff signing for Swansea ?

Bark away

Well as we are the biggest club in Wales I should think so wouldn't you ?

If we can try and stay on focus here .....why are talented players from Cardiff signing for Swansea ?

Bark away
    You've moved the goalposts as usual. You asked 'are Cardiff City completely incompetent?' and I pointed out we had eight Academy lads in the squad last night to answer that. I've no idea why Cabango joined Newport under-13s or how good Iwan Morgan will turn out to be, sorry.

You've moved the goalposts as usual. You asked 'are Cardiff City completely incompetent?' and I pointed out we had eight Academy lads in the squad last night to answer that. I've no idea why Cabango joined Newport under-13s or how good Iwan Morgan will turn out to be, sorry.
    Well if you have no idea then put your electric blanket on and get ready for bed

Don’t we have to accept that there will always be players that slip the net? Look at Giggs and Man City, for instance.

Well if you have no idea then put your electric blanket on and get ready for bed
    You know how good Iwan is going to be just from having read this thread? That's impressive, fair play. And you know how good 12-year-olds will turn out to be? That's quite a talent you've got. Football scouting's loss is our gain though, we're honoured.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Don’t we have to accept that there will always be players that slip the net? Look at Giggs and Man City, for instance.
    Of course but Cardiff City have been usurped by other teams countless times

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Good luck with this.

You know how good Iwan is going to be just from having read this thread? That's impressive, fair play. And you know how good 12-year-olds will turn out to be? That's quite a talent you've got. Football scouting's loss is our gain though, we're honoured.
    Thank you xx

If he's signed for Swansea city and is capable of scoring goals like the one above he's clearly got something that Cardiff City must have missed

Unless you know otherwise

Thank you xx

If he's signed for Swansea city and is capable of scoring goals like the one above he's clearly got something that Cardiff City must have missed

Unless you know otherwise
    I saw Tommy O'Sullivan score two great goals for Wales under-21s a few years ago, by your logic he must be playing Champion's League by now although I haven't seen Gloucester City's name in the draw.

Iwan seems to be making good progress, yes, and if he makes it then you'll finally have a big name to give me and Dembe for South Wales talent that we've let slip through the net in recent years. Well done for coming up with Cabango after about a month by the way.

I saw Tommy O'Sullivan score two great goals for Wales under-21s a few years ago, by your logic he must be playing Champion's League by now although I haven't seen Gloucester City's name in the draw.

Iwan seems to be making good progress, yes, and if he makes it then you'll finally have a big name to give me and Dembe for South Wales talent that we've let slip through the net in recent years. Well done for coming up with Cabango after about a month by the way.
    You carry on in your role as chief PR for the scouting department at CCFC

You are doing a great job

At least someone is

You carry on in your role as chief PR for the scouting department at CCFC

You are doing a great job

At least someone is
    Once again- you said Cardiff City are completely incompetent and I pointed out 8 Academy lads were in the squad last night which I'm pretty sure you were unaware of. The rest is just moving the goalposts and putting words in my mouth which is how you operate on here.

I'm not saying anything about Iwan, I haven't seen him play. There's often a fuss made when a player moves on but it takes time for a full picture to emerge. Spence went to Palace, Yorwerth to Ipswich, Poole to Newport then Man Utd, Pinchard to Man City then Swansea and posters have ripped into the club like you're doing.

Good luck to Iwan, he's doing well and he sounds a good lad from what Severncity says, but it's way too early to draw the kind of conclusions you are here.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

If we produce players good enough to be poached by Manchester clubs, they'd be aware of that too.

If you're good enough you're good enough.

I'm the problem

Just read the thread...

Stick to the favourite flavour crisps threads Sludge ffs

Sludge trying to take on Loramski in a thread about academy players ffs