+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Macron

Macron

He's in trouble I think. This pensions issue isn't likely to go away and he'll be getting intense criticism from left and right potentially for months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-65052649

Re: Macron

Didn't he use still in place emergency covid powers to push it through without a vote?

I don't know if it was Covid related laws. I don't think so, but I know it sounded a bit dodgy and a way of bypassing their National Assembly.

That said, I can see his point on it all, but he is gonna come under intense pressure

I went there about 8 years ago and enjoyed the day out. I think we drew but I'm not sure.

I believe it's been renamed the University of Bolton Stadium now.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I don't know if it was Covid related laws. I don't think so, but I know it sounded a bit dodgy and a way of bypassing their National Assembly.

That said, I can see his point on it all, but he is gonna come under intense pressure
    I'm sure I heard it was emergency powers that he used to push it through without a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm sure I heard it was emergency powers that he used to push it through without a vote.
    CGT union says 3.5 million join anti-pension reform protests in France

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2...pension-reform

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I went there about 8 years ago and enjoyed the day out. I think we drew but I'm not sure.

I believe it's been renamed the University of Bolton Stadium now.
    Dorcus you have been on fire recently I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Dorcus you have been on fire recently I must say.
    Thanks James, much appreciated 👍 it must be the magic mushrooms.

His one saving grace I think is that there isn't one single opposition party there to oust him. It would mean the far left and far right working together, which is unlikely.

Three years and three months into the Great Reset transformation and the French, or 3%-4% of them, have awakened.

Dutch farmers have perked up as well.

Morrissey gets it too

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    His one saving grace I think is that there isn't one single opposition party there to oust him. It would mean the far left and far right working together, which is unlikely.
    I believe that Ukraine is the only country in Europe with a lower state retirement age so someone is going to have to implement the change whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I believe that Ukraine is the only country in Europe with a lower state retirement age so someone is going to have to implement the change whatever.
    It's a moot point as the US are paying for their pensions, and probably us too.

They never really liked work ..

The state pension In France is more like a state benefit so the takepayers burden is greater , adding to the problem is the weakness in private pensions laws , resulting in greater dependence on the state pension . Funding that as folk grow older and not extend its retirement age is something that will hit France hard . Its happened in many countries but France system is not fundable.. see below ::
    "" The scheme aims to provide up to a maximum of 50% of the retiree's income during their 25 highest earning years up to the Plafond de la sécurité sociale (€41,136 annually in 2022). The state scheme is financed by a payroll tax known as "social security""