+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CROATIA 1 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Re: CROATIA v WALES. Match thread, ko 7:45pm

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    It seems you need a degree of basic skills to put a passing move together. Of course the opposition are good but much of this is self inflicted.
    Just not good enough, can't cope with Croatia's pace in possession, which is killing us. Croatia haven't even got out of 2nd gear, they're committing one man into an advanced position from midfield when attacking or going all traditional and using width. Piece of ****ing piss for them!

Arguably our two best players are missing and how many of the selected team are starting for their clubs every week? Ampadu and maybe Morrell - can’t think of anyone else who is. I think we’ve got to be realistic about our team, I’m just hoping for a win on Tuesday.

Croatia are playing a different sport from us.
    Reminds me of the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Arguably our two best players are missing and how many of the selected team are starting for their clubs every week? Ampadu and maybe Morrell - can’t think of anyone else who is. I think we’ve got to be realistic about our team, I’m just hoping for a win on Tuesday.
    They're just much better in every department. We have to be careful, because we are starting to look tired out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nah, we can't get on the ball, front players can run all day and attempt to create space a angles, if we can't get on it then it aint going to happen.
    I was expecting Ramsey to be the link player but it's just not happening. As mentioned, James, Wilson & Moore haven't seen much action lately. 1-0 down at H-T has exceeded my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I was expecting Ramsey to be the link player but it's just not happening. As mentioned, James, Wilson & Moore haven't seen much action lately. 1-0 down at H-T has exceeded my expectations.
    Yup, can't argue with that.

They're just much better in every department. We have to be careful, because we are starting to look tired out there.
    Yeah, this could end up very messy if Croatia keep on going as they were for the ten minutes before half time.

Should be 2-0

Croatia are certainly masters of the dark arts as well as being a good footballing team.

Dominating possession this half.

Surely our ambition is to finish 2nd to Croatia. Let them beat everybody else and make our focus Latvia, Armenia and Turkey. Keep our loss to Croatia to a minimum. Sneak anything is a massive bonus.

Yeah, a bit harsh, although a move or passage of play of some note (from us) would be encouraging.
    True, in the first half we gave the ball away much too easily. Bit better second half.

James should have scored then

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Surely our ambition is to finish 2nd to Croatia. Let them beat everybody else and make our focus Latvia, Armenia and Turkey. Keep our loss to Croatia to a minimum. Sneak anything is a massive bonus.
    Yup, the only concern for me is that we haven't shown a thing, we haven't controlled 1 second of the game. Performance is important, even if it's just from individual players. Getting beat tonight wont be a problem, but it would be nice for us to be able to concentrate on some individual performances.

What a miss!

Dan James has to put that on target and at least test the keeper...

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    What a miss!
    Great chance! Bit better now.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Dan James has to put that on target and at least test the keeper...
    He couldn't cross a pools coupon or finish half of shandy tonight tbh

Yup, the only concern for me is that we haven't shown a thing, we haven't controlled 1 second of the game. Performance is important, even if it's just from individual players. Getting beat tonight wont be a problem, but it would be nice for us to be able to concentrate on some individual performances.
    I think we’ve been the better side 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ampadu think's he's the captain today the way he is bossing everybody around.
    He is now

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Then why change it all? Bit bizarre by page…..

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yeah, definite improvement.

The first half reminds me of the game against USA in the World Cup. Page's team talks must be as boring as f**k!

Credit to Wales, they’re still well in the game going into the last fifteen minutes - something I thought was out of the question at half time. Got to say though that our bench looks much weaker now.

The ref’s a right homer as well.

Nearly brilliant from Perisic