Re: For Fans Of The Legend That Is Robert Plant

Jesus. What a bitter old man.

Stairway to heaven- classic Zepplin

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Jesus. What a bitter old man.
    How so?

Brutally honest about his own original vocals, having matured as an artist. Dislikes clones of Led Zepp. Coverdale Page was a pretty clear clone of Led Zepp, with Page being replaced. Dislikes old bands doing the same thing endlessly. Thinks once a key member of a band tragically dies, continuing to perform as that band is disrespectful.

Can't see what's bitter there.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    How so?

Brutally honest about his own original vocals, having matured as an artist. Dislikes clones of Led Zepp. Coverdale Page was a pretty clear clone of Led Zepp, with Page being replaced. Dislikes old bands doing the same thing endlessly. Thinks once a key member of a band tragically dies, continuing to perform as that band is disrespectful.

Can't see what's bitter there.
    Wish he had a word with ACDC then

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Wish he had a word with ACDC then
    Maybe if they'd mixed in the same circles as Led Zepp and the Who had, he might have done.

Robert Plant was the weak link in led zep

He had an OK voice but that was it

He slagged off Sabbath suggesting they were copying led zeps sound which was ironic as the first led zep album was basically a steal from the delta blues gang

He talks about bands needing to knock it on the head at some point but that hasn't stopped him sounding like a washed up old rod Stewart in recent years

Can't believe that a non-event like this is worthy of a thread on the CCMB! I see the publication referred to is called "far out magazine" - enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Can't believe that a non-event like this is worthy of a thread on the CCMB! I see the publication referred to is called "far out magazine" - enough said.
    Well this place is on its arse at the moment so any port in a storm

In reference to David Coverdale, Plant was once asked would he work with Jimmy Page again, he said yes but wasn't going to talk like Richard Burton.

To me - he was a man that was always looking for the next thing to work on. They did the 2012 gig to get over the live aid debacle when Phil Collins drummed for them. He has continuously pushed back against new Zeppelin work etc and some of his work with the shapeshifters was more than agreeable - in my opinion.

Wouldnt say he was bitter - just very self aware and very down to earth bloke. Met him in a pub once at the bar - chatted for a couple of minutes and then he went back to his mates - nice chap

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    To me - he was a man that was always looking for the next thing to work on. They did the 2012 gig to get over the live aid debacle when Phil Collins drummed for them. He has continuously pushed back against new Zeppelin work etc and some of his work with the shapeshifters was more than agreeable - in my opinion.

Wouldnt say he was bitter - just very self aware and very down to earth bloke. Met him in a pub once at the bar - chatted for a couple of minutes and then he went back to his mates - nice chap
    I think his dealings with the press .....as Page and John Paul Jones never gave much away ...suggested he thought Led Zeppelin started rock music

Absolutely fantastic band but apart from his first two solo albums which were aided by great musicians, I don't think he's shown up

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think his dealings with the press .....as Page and John Paul Jones never gave much away ...suggested he thought Led Zeppelin started rock music

Absolutely fantastic band but apart from his first two solo albums which were aided by great musicians, I don't think he's shown up
    Fair play to pipster though, Sludge. 14 year old kid but it was almost like he was there back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Fair play to pipster though, Sludge. 14 year old kid but it was almost like he was there back in the day!
    I like led zep but plant has always been a bit up himself imo

Let's not forget they ripped off half of their material from other bands. OK! loads do that today but back then there was no need.

Agree about plant being over rated. Bonham was the band for me.

He can be a bit opinionated, but he’s an entertaining listen imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Let's not forget they ripped off half of their material from other bands. OK! loads do that today but back then there was no need.

Agree about plant being over rated. Bonham was the band for me.
    John Paul Jones , Bonham , Page

Great musical trio

Page just sang and he wasn't a really great vocalist

Page just sang and he wasn't a really great vocalist
    Don't believe he sang at all, he was just the guitar player.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Don't believe he sang at all, he was just the guitar player.
    My typo

Plant just Sang

My typo

Plant just Sang
    Alright John, whatever.