Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
I'm not a member of any Wales forums despite attending all the home games but as a City season ticket holder I imagine that many souls on here may know the answer to the question, old fruit.
It's all based on loyalty allocation from previous away games, TBG. A Red Wall membership will allow you to apply. In Croatia if you did 5 out of 9 you were guaranteed a ticket if you applied in the window then different application periods down to zero.

I think there were a few in Group 5 (no qualifying games) that got a ticket. My son didn't and asked the FAW about returns. They said they put those on sale on an as and when basis. In the event, you have to have your name printed on a ticket in Croatia, he logged on before flying to Montenegro and they were on sale. I think a few "harvesters" (people who buy tickets with no intention of going to keep their points cried off when the FAW decreed that all tickets for all attendees had to be picked up in a hotel in Split and anyone not attending would lose their qualifying points) He is going to Turkey so is one step up the ladder.

The game is in Samsun, which needs a transit or internal flight from Istanbul. The stadium is about the same size as Split so we had around 1800 tickets. We booked flights early on anticipation it would be in Istanbul and had to readjust.

Long winded way of saying that given the cost and challenge of getting to Samsun (unless Wonky do a charter), there is a really good chance of picking up a ticket. Also for a seasoned traveller like yourself hopping from two Istanbul airports in two different continents 70 miles apart if you can't get a transit flight could further thin the herd!

Good luck.