+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wales vs Latvia tickets

Re: Wales vs Latvia tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'm not a member of any Wales forums despite attending all the home games but as a City season ticket holder I imagine that many souls on here may know the answer to the question, old fruit.
    It's all based on loyalty allocation from previous away games, TBG. A Red Wall membership will allow you to apply. In Croatia if you did 5 out of 9 you were guaranteed a ticket if you applied in the window then different application periods down to zero.

I think there were a few in Group 5 (no qualifying games) that got a ticket. My son didn't and asked the FAW about returns. They said they put those on sale on an as and when basis. In the event, you have to have your name printed on a ticket in Croatia, he logged on before flying to Montenegro and they were on sale. I think a few "harvesters" (people who buy tickets with no intention of going to keep their points cried off when the FAW decreed that all tickets for all attendees had to be picked up in a hotel in Split and anyone not attending would lose their qualifying points) He is going to Turkey so is one step up the ladder.

The game is in Samsun, which needs a transit or internal flight from Istanbul. The stadium is about the same size as Split so we had around 1800 tickets. We booked flights early on anticipation it would be in Istanbul and had to readjust.

Long winded way of saying that given the cost and challenge of getting to Samsun (unless Wonky do a charter), there is a really good chance of picking up a ticket. Also for a seasoned traveller like yourself hopping from two Istanbul airports in two different continents 70 miles apart if you can't get a transit flight could further thin the herd!

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's all based on loyalty allocation from previous away games, TBG. A Red Wall membership will allow you to apply. In Croatia if you did 5 out of 9 you were guaranteed a ticket if you applied in the window then different application periods down to zero.

I think there were a few in Group 5 (no qualifying games) that got a ticket. My son didn't and asked the FAW about returns. They said they put those on sale on an as and when basis. In the event, you have to have your name printed on a ticket in Croatia, he logged on before flying to Montenegro and they were on sale. I think a few "harvesters" (people who buy tickets with no intention of going to keep their points cried off when the FAW decreed that all tickets for all attendees had to be picked up in a hotel in Split and anyone not attending would lose their qualifying points) He is going to Turkey so is one step up the ladder.

The game is in Samsun, which needs a transit or internal flight from Istanbul. The stadium is about the same size as Split so we had around 1800 tickets. We booked flights early on anticipation it would be in Istanbul and had to readjust.

Long winded way of saying that given the cost and challenge of getting to Samsun (unless Wonky do a charter), there is a really good chance of picking up a ticket. Also for a seasoned traveller like yourself hopping from two Istanbul airports in two different continents 70 miles apart if you can't get a transit flight could further thin the herd!

Good luck.
    We jumped the gun last year and had to bus it from Warsaw to Wroclaw,(thanks Spedger) same with Turkey, thought we were clever booking Istanbul, we weren’t . We’ve opted for the telly in an Istanbul pub.....never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We jumped the gun last year and had to bus it from Warsaw to Wroclaw,(thanks Spedger) same with Turkey, thought we were clever booking Istanbul, we weren’t . We’ve opted for the telly in an Istanbul pub.....never mind.
    Yeah, it's like Uefa roulette with Wales. Get in early and you save a couple of hundred. Get in too early and lose as much or miss the match. It was the time and date change rather than the location which meant I had to cancel the Wroclaw flight and go to Katowice instead. Aarhus for the Denmark game was a slog.

I built a bit of time in for the Turkey game because they do the odd game in Izmir and Konya, never thought I would need it though going by the fact that they play 90% of competitive games in Istanbul.

Shame you can't make the game!

Good luck.
    Wonky can't get a charter for the Turkey game. I'd be shocked if tickets weren't relatively easy to get hold off, especially if they force collection.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Wonky can't get a charter for the Turkey game. I'd be shocked if tickets weren't relatively easy to get hold off, especially if they force collection.
    If so then think you are right and TBG will be ok. That said, the buzz after the last minute in Split was great, so if we get a win vs Latvia then some with good points may get an itch!

How many were out in Croatia?

Looked mental

Yeah, it's like Uefa roulette with Wales. Get in early and you save a couple of hundred. Get in too early and lose as much or miss the match. It was the time and date change rather than the location which meant I had to cancel the Wroclaw flight and go to Katowice instead. Aarhus for the Denmark game was a slog.

I built a bit of time in for the Turkey game because they do the odd game in Izmir and Konya, never thought I would need it though going by the fact that they play 90% of competitive games in Istanbul.

Shame you can't make the game!
    We’re going on the Saturday but getting back from Samsun doesn’t work with the flight times back to the UK. Well it would for me because I’m taking the Mrs and turning it into a city break and coming home on the Thursday but it would mean leaving her in Istanbul while I buggered off to the game (She comes away with the City now and again, I’ll go to the game and she’ll go to Primark or something). So I’ll be staying in Istanbul with my mates who’ll be flying back early. Never mind, it’s a few days away.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    How many were out in Croatia?

Looked mental
    Think we had around 1800 tickets. Tbf the game was going nowhere other than Croatia decided to hold what they had. For the last 10-15 mins plus added time, almost out of nowhere, the Wales fans ramped up the atmosphere with a bastardized version of KC and the Sunshine Band's, That's the way I like it. More and more fans joined into "Wales away ah ah. I like it. I like it!

Even though we were on the back foot for most of the game, all the Wales fans were lifted and I think it lifted the players. More and more fans were spinning scarfs and taking off their tops as it got louder and louder. Then we scored. It was just magical!

Think we had around 1800 tickets. Tbf the game was going nowhere other than Croatia decided to hold what they had. For the last 10-15 mins plus added time, almost out of nowhere, the Wales fans ramped up the atmosphere with a bastardized version of KC and the Sunshine Band's, That's the way I like it. More and more fans joined into "Wales away ah ah. I like it. I like it!

Even though we were on the back foot for most of the game, all the Wales fans were lifted and I think it lifted the players. More and more fans were spinning scarfs and taking off their tops as it got louder and louder. Then we scored. It was just magical!
    Looked like a zoo

Mad celebrations

I've still not received my ticket via the app!!;

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I've still not received my ticket via the app!!;
    Email them now. They should be able to print your ticket out so you can collect it.

How many tickets would we get for Latvia? Was planning on going but just saw their national stadium is only 10,000 so can't be many?

I'm a red wall member and was planning on going to all the home matches but don't think that will be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    How many tickets would we get for Latvia? Was planning on going but just saw their national stadium is only 10,000 so can't be many?

I'm a red wall member and was planning on going to all the home matches but don't think that will be enough?
    English club side (can't remember who) had about 2,000 tickets against Riga recently.

With the game in Turkey being where it is and the other away game being in Armenia it's very likely this will be pretty popular.