+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 0 LATVIA. Match thread

Re: WALES v LATVIA. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ampadu would be a top player if he was a bit more consistent

I don't know if he's in the side as a playmaker but he has the attributes of one
    Not entirely his fault, a lot of the players are on different wavelengths.

all too predictable and not putting them under any pressure

Only caught the second half but Rambo looks a shell of his former self, this is the kind of team you’d expect him to be dictating the game to but it’s all a bit static

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Only caught the second half but Rambo looks a shell of his former self, this is the kind of team you’d expect him to be dictating the game to but it’s all a bit static
    I'd try Luke Harris in that position to see what he can do.

We've been so ponderous today. Ward could have started a counter attack then but opted to hold onto the ball. Typifies our night

Does Page know he’s allowed to make more subs? If we lose it from here going to be lots of questions asked.

Connor Roberts has severely regressed since leaving the jacks

I think something needs to be changed in terms of the coaching staff. The football under Page has been thoroughly crap.

Danny Ward just bounced the ball there. Bluetit will be saying we were lucky not to concede a free kick.

that was pretty grim!

If Page says he's happy with that performance he needs to go

4 points is probably more than we hoped for from the first round of games, but this has been absolutely shyte, at least in the second half.

Why Page has waited until 92 and 93 minutes to make more changes when the entire front line has clearly been tiring and hasn’t been producing anything since the 60th minute is absolutely beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    If Page says he's happy with that performance he needs to go
    Good to get 4 points from 2 games but can't help thinking that's despite rather than because of the manager

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    4 points is probably more than we hoped for from the first round of games, but this has been absolutely shyte, at least in the second half.

Why Page has waited until 92 and 93 minutes to make more changes when the entire front line has clearly been tiring and hasn’t been producing anything since the 60th minute is absolutely beyond me.
    I meant to quote this one!!

Got the 3 points, it's still a work in progress, and things could be a lot worse.

Great start to qualification, four points from the next two would be another great return.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Good to get 4 points from 2 games but can't help thinking that's despite rather than because of the manager
    I hope the FAW have a plan B.

Even if we qualify for the Euros, we cannot go to that tournament playing this type of football. It'll be like the WC all over again.

Re: WALES 1 - 0 LATVIA. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Connor Roberts has severely regressed since leaving the jacks
    Every time he got the ball he stopped the forward movement and slowed it down. It was crying out for Sorba Thomas to inject pace down the right.

I thought everyone else did ok but Roberts was poor.

He’s playing in a team that’s way ahead of everyone in the championship!

We are hardly a side of world beaters. 4 points including our hardest away game and not really many options from the bench plus arguably our 2 best players missing.

Id say its more than job done this week.

I’m a bit baffled by the comments on here. I thought we played well. Knocked the ball around nicely and looked threatening. Their keeper kept them in it.
    We were missing three important outfield players in Davies, Johnson and Brooks too.
    Very happy with that.

Up to the 90th minute Latvia had made 5 substitutions to our 1, and it started to show in the last 15-20 minutes..

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    He’s playing in a team that’s way ahead of everyone in the championship!
    Was amazed by how many appearances he'd made for them this season when I just checked. He was terrible in Qatar and again tonight. I normally like him despite the Jack connection

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I’m a bit baffled by the comments on here. I thought we played well. Knocked the ball around nicely and looked threatening. Their keeper kept them in it.
    We were missing three important outfield players in Davies, Johnson and Brooks too.
    Very happy with that.
    Must admit the keeper had me wondering if lev yashin had had Latvian roots!!