+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latvian fans in lower grandstand.

Latvian fans in lower grandstand.

A master stroke by the Wales fa.Stood up all through the game.Good spirited but people with kids asking to be moved.

Re: Latvian fans in lower grandstand.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    A master stroke by the Wales fa.Stood up all through the game.Good spirited but people with kids asking to be moved.
    Away fans been put there many times before

We were in the Grandstand, Canton End wondering where the away fans were. Didn’t hear a peep out of them despite being in the same stand.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We were in the Grandstand, Canton End wondering where the away fans were. Didn’t hear a peep out of them despite being in the same stand.
    You must be deaf then. 😂😂

You must be deaf then. ����
    they were having a good go, bit there were only about 30 of them so that's not going to carry far

You must be deaf then. ����
    No, seriously, couldn’t hear the away fans at all in our part of the grandstand.

No, seriously, couldn’t hear the away fans at all in our part of the grandstand.
    Grandstand? You're a brickie for gods sake. Next you'll be bragging about your 2nd hand Ford Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they were having a good go, bit there were only about 30 of them so that's not going to carry far
    They were audible at times in the Ninian, particularly in the first half before the goal. As others have said, that block seems to be one to house away fans, even when the main bulk is in the usual away fan area. For the last few away Wales qualifiers we get offered dual priced tickets for different parts of the ground so it may be a UEFA/FIFA thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    They were audible at times in the Ninian, particularly in the first half before the goal. As others have said, that block seems to be one to house away fans, even when the main bulk is in the usual away fan area. For the last few away Wales qualifiers we get offered dual priced tickets for different parts of the ground so it may be a UEFA/FIFA thing.
    I was in the family stand and there may have been a couple of times they were barely perceptible.
    Could see them all jumping about most of the game though

There's been away fans in that block before, not in any great numbers but enough to be noticed. I think there were Ukranian supporters there during the World Cup play off?

All well and good for Ukraine and Latvia but don't see the Welsh FA agreeing to any Croatian or Turkish fans taking the block?

I was in the Grange End (row Z) and they were quite lively.

I've been told that section is used as comp tickets for families of staff and players and what not. I've definitely seen people celebrating in that area when we've conceded in the past.

Makes more sense to make that the away end for the night if there's only 50 people travelling over instead of giving them a block of 1000 seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I've been told that section is used as comp tickets for families of staff and players and what not. I've definitely seen people celebrating in that area when we've conceded in the past.

Makes more sense to make that the away end for the night if there's only 50 people travelling over instead of giving them a block of 1000 seats.
    Yeah I think when a country has a very small following they are put there and as you say it's happened before against teams like Andorra in the Euro 2016 qualifiers

I noticed the last block of seats to go on sale was the 'away end' so presumably the FAW gave them until a fortnight before or whatever and then shifted them down towards the dug outs.

I can see the issue if they choose to stand and block views, but I guess it's not easy for the FAW on this

Could hear "LATVIA LATVIA LATVIA" over and over on the TV. You must be deaf as a post.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Could hear "LATVIA LATVIA LATVIA" over and over on the TV. You must be deaf as a post.
    what you hear on the TV isn't representative of what you can hear in all sections of the ground. presumably they'd have had a microphone by the away fans and one to capture the home fans noise as well.
    there were a couple of occasions I could hear them, but it wasn't loud just due to the numbers.
    if anyone around us was singing or shouting anything then it would immediately be drowned out

they seemed to bring a lot of energy though to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what you hear on the TV isn't representative of what you can hear in all sections of the ground. presumably they'd have had a microphone by the away fans and one to capture the home fans noise as well.
    there were a couple of occasions I could hear them, but it wasn't loud just due to the numbers.
    if anyone around us was singing or shouting anything then it would immediately be drowned out

they seemed to bring a lot of energy though to be fair
    Can always rely on RJK for a serious reply.

I was opposite them in The Ninian and could hear them and see them bouncing a lot. Good support from a small group, I thought the Wales fans were a bit subdued last night.

They were sat directly in front of the commentators and journalists so their chanting was probably being picked up on their mics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They were sat directly in front of the commentators and journalists so their chanting was probably being picked up on their mics.
    We're the Welsh fans in the same stand too far away to be heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I was opposite them in The Ninian and could hear them and see them bouncing a lot. Good support from a small group, I thought the Wales fans were a bit subdued last night.

Agree Wales fans were not as loud as normal.

My kids and I were sat next to them and they were good fun.

The boys did think they were throwing Nazi salutes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yeah the atmosphere wasn’t great yesterday. I thought the Barry Horns had a rare off night too. Normally they’re pretty good at getting an atmosphere going in the down moments but they just played Men Of Harlech or I Love You Baby on repeat.

I’ve said it before about the drummer at CCS games, it’s good the club and FAW allow people up there to help make an atmosphere but they’d do a better job if they were a group who started chants and songs instead of just using instruments. Use the drums and brass to back up the atmosphere instead and keep songs going instead of interrupting when fans try making an atmosphere.

Loads of European and South American teams have blokes who don’t even watch the game. They stand at the front of the crowd facing them and getting a proper atmosphere going. Even the yanks are starting to have better atmospheres than us…

I apologise for going to the game, should have watched it on the telly

What about those phone torch lights? Where did that come from.

I apologise for going to the game, should have watched it on the telly
    Should have listened it on the telly....keep up!

In fairness I have been in different parts of the ground for different games and the acoustics vary considerably. If you were in the Grandstand close to the Canton, likelihood that was the dominant noise for your failing good ear!