+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reading to be deducted six points - CONFIRMED

Re: Reading to be deducted six points

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Surely there should be a 'cut-off' time for points deductions - I'd say 10 games minimum. Either they've broken the rules or they haven't. Especially in a relegation battle [as is the case with most clubs incurring points deductions], it affects all those other clubs at the bottom of the league. A six point deduction at the start is different to one with 5 or 6 games left.
    And if they waited until next season and we get relegated this year with Reading 5 points ahead of us…. You’d take that on the chin would you?

This has been hanging over Reading for months. If Ince turns around and says “well for the last few games we’ve given a half hearted effort because we didn’t realise we could be deducted points” that’s on them.

Reading journo saying the deduction will be announced before Friday
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jonathanl...38218533339149

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Reading journo saying the deduction will be announced before Friday
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jonathanl...38218533339149
    Starting to lose hope that it’ll happen. Swear it’s been “any day now” for the last month…

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Starting to lose hope that it’ll happen. Swear it’s been “any day now” for the last month…
    Ince said 'in the next 24/48 hours' last Thursday.

It's been imminent for weeks. Reading have been expecting it for weeks. Very strange from the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ince said 'in the next 24/48 hours' last Thursday.

It's been imminent for weeks. Reading have been expecting it for weeks. Very strange from the EFL.
    Completely unacceptable from the EFL. Reach a decision and announce it. Simple

Reading deducted 6 points (Still above us)

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...ediate_effect/

Feel for their fans, but might keep us up

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Completely unacceptable from the EFL. Reach a decision and announce it. Simple
    Just been announced, 6 point deduction.

I honestly feel for their fans. I hate when teams get deducted points, deserved or not.

6 points isn't too bad though, not like the 15 or so some teams have had!

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    And if they waited until next season and we get relegated this year with Reading 5 points ahead of us…. You’d take that on the chin would you?

This has been hanging over Reading for months. If Ince turns around and says “well for the last few games we’ve given a half hearted effort because we didn’t realise we could be deducted points” that’s on them.

There are cut off dates and rules already, you just have to look on the EFL website! All clubs sign up to it and its public knowledge, no great conspiracy.

Excellent news. And with such great weather today too. I will enjoy a stroll in the sun with a smile on my face.

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    After tomorrow they have 7 games remaining. I'd be really p****d off if they docked my club with just 7 matched remaining. At this late stage and with relegation a possibility, game management becomes more and more critical. As things stand, if you were Ince you may be inclined to settle for a point whereas with 6 points less you may go for a winner.
    If it was us they would wait till the last game and then deduct one more point than necessary to send us down, if we won the last game or not.

looking like it's 1 from us, Reading, Huddersfield, qpr and Rotherham to join Wigan and Blackpool in league one.

the Blackpool and Rotherham games will be massive for us

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    looking like it's 1 from us, Reading, Huddersfield, qpr and Rotherham to join Wigan and Blackpool in league one.

the Blackpool and Rotherham games will be massive for us
    Reading play Wigan & Huddersfield in their final two games

International

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

Wigan and Blackpool down, with Huddersfield, Reading or QPR.

If we win Friday we'll be safe, lose and I will be slightly worried, but we still have plenty of points available.

International

Rotherhams fixtures tricky too, they may be in trouble

Friday 7th April
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    Rotherham United
    13:00
    West Bromwich Albion
    Monday 10th April
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    Norwich City
    15:00
    Rotherham United
    Saturday 15th April
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    Rotherham United
    Luton Town
    Tuesday 18th April
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    Rotherham United
    19:45
    Burnley
    Saturday 22nd April
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    Bristol City
    Rotherham United
    Saturday 29th April
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    Rotherham United
    Middlesbrough

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...cores-fixtures

I think we will finish 18th

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Rotherhams fixtures tricky too, they may be in trouble

Friday 7th April
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    Rotherham United
    13:00
    West Bromwich Albion
    Monday 10th April
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    Norwich City
    Rotherham United
    Saturday 15th April
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    Rotherham United
    Luton Town
    Tuesday 18th April
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    Rotherham United
    19:45
    Burnley
    Saturday 22nd April
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    Bristol City
    Rotherham United
    Saturday 29th April
    CHAMPIONSHIP
    Rotherham United
    Middlesbrough

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...cores-fixtures
    And they're playing us obviously.

That could be a very important fixture by the time it comes around.

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    And they're playing us obviously.

That could be a very important fixture by the time it comes around.
    Yes and what a grudge match!

Statement from Mark Bowen on the Reading club site:

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/202...r-to-our-fans/

He expects the 6 point deduction to be 'the last of our medicine' and for the transfer embargo to be lifted in the summer.

Reading that made me wish that there was someone in our club who would communicate with the fans that way. It gave a full backstory, an explanation, a vision for the future and more. We are teetering on the brink of relegation, with a transfer embargo, a seemingly endless list of future litigation, massive annual financial losses, and a blocked pathway from the academy to the first team.

The positives of a new academy complex, new training ground plans and a successful women's team do not tip the scales.

We need a Cardiff City Mark Bowen (Tan, Dalman, Choo, a Director of Football, a fan director on the Board?) to speak to us!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes and what a grudge match!
    I'm hoping by that time it is a dead rubber and we won't need anything but there aren't many games left, we'd probably need to win a fair few before then and after all this is City, do we do simple?

He expects the 6 point deduction to be 'the last of our medicine' and for the transfer embargo to be lifted in the summer.

Reading that made me wish that there was someone in our club who would communicate with the fans that way. It gave a full backstory, an explanation, a vision for the future and more. We are teetering on the brink of relegation, with a transfer embargo, a seemingly endless list of future litigation, massive annual financial losses, and a blocked pathway from the academy to the first team.

The positives of a new academy complex, new training ground plans and a successful women's team do not tip the scales.

We need a Cardiff City Mark Bowen (Tan, Dalman, Choo, a Director of Football, a fan director on the Board?) to speak to us!
    there have been weeks and weeks of reading fans wondering what the hell has been going on though, I'm not sure they'd agree that their communication to the fans over this has been a paragon of virtue

The club has to care about the fans to do that.

Our club just tells a hand picked few very little and lets it trickle down to the fans. They also fail to acknowledge their failings and give the air that all of the bad things have happened to them. I'd prefer a collective from this message board on the board of the club and fully believe they would have a better plan and run the club in a better way than the current board that we have.

Season ticket time soon though. Probably the pinnacle of communication and marketing seen during the calendar year at City. Show us your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there have been weeks and weeks of reading fans wondering what the hell has been going on though, I'm not sure they'd agree that their communication to the fans over this has been a paragon of virtue
    Yes, I agree. Pearcey has been saying similar about the silence on why they breached the EFL suspended points agreement. I am just referring to today's statement from Bowen which I thought was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    The club has to care about the fans to do that.

Our club just tells a hand picked few very little and lets it trickle down to the fans. They also fail to acknowledge their failings and give the air that all of the bad things have happened to them. I'd prefer a collective from this message board on the board of the club and fully believe they would have a better plan and run the club in a better way than the current board that we have.

Season ticket time soon though. Probably the pinnacle of communication and marketing seen during the calendar year at City. Show us your money.
    I am sorry but I cant let that go. You ‘would prefer a collective from this message board on the board of the club’ 😂😂. Presumably with yourself as chairman, I suppose ! Jesus wept, give me strength. A collective from this board couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery.