+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humiliating

Humiliating

City's season won't be defined by a home defeat to a lower half Championship club, and I've always been able to take the regular defeats to Swansea 'on the chin', so-to-speak. But today felt a particularly humiliating afternoon - their players broke ranks before the customary handshakes, their manager walked over to their fans before the game started and got them going, and the whole club and officials ended on the pitch when they scored their 3rd. They also looked full of confidence straight from the KO whilst we seemed like frightened rabbits in the headlights. The scenes at the final whistle were hard to take. Martin got it so right, from the start.

Re: Humiliating

Sol Bamba before kick off went out of his way to shake every member of their staffs hand, looking very welcoming. He must have shook about 10 peoples hands. Strange

Also, for anyone who’s been to the Liberty, you’ll know they have 1 bar for us, the queue is ridiculous, with 2 or 3 people working it, compared to us opening 3 or 4 bars for them, we’re way too nice and welcoming. The distance from the away corner to ninian is miles too. Where’s the intimidation factor gone.

Let’s turn this around. Have you ever witnessed such embarrassing OTT celebrations for a team beating 21st in the league. They have no other ambition. They looked suicidal at 2-2.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 01-04-23 at 17:07. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Let’s turn this around. Have you ever witnessed such embarrassing OTT celebrations for a team beating 21st in the league. They have no other ambition. They looked suicidal at 2-2.
    I am sorry we were outplayed for most of the game, could have been three or four down and the Jacks celebrating wildly is because it means a lot to them. We were fortunate to draw level but there was only one team who were going to win and they played for it until the final whistle. Take Philogene out of our side and we are very very ordinary...

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    I am sorry we were outplayed for most of the game, could have been three or four down and the Jacks celebrating wildly is because it means a lot to them. We were fortunate to draw level but there was only one team who were going to win and they played for it until the final whistle. Take Philogene out of our side and we are very very ordinary...
    I'd settle for ordinary. Even with Philogene playing well we are sub par. Take Philogene out and we'd have next to nothing.

What concerns me is after utter shite all season sabri has improved things but it's slipping back again

The players looked stoned

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    City's season won't be defined by a home defeat to a lower half Championship club, and I've always been able to take the regular defeats to Swansea 'on the chin', so-to-speak. But today felt a particularly humiliating afternoon - their players broke ranks before the customary handshakes, their manager walked over to their fans before the game started and got them going, and the whole club and officials ended on the pitch when they scored their 3rd. They also looked full of confidence straight from the KO whilst we seemed like frightened rabbits in the headlights. The scenes at the final whistle were hard to take. Martin got it so right, from the start.
    We were naiive from the outset but Martin was a dead man walking. Last chance saloon.

Has it occurred to you that maybe they are just better than us?

Also, officials do not have to award penalties to affect the way a game pans out.

Humiliating?

Get a grip!

I’ve always believed we’d pull well clear and finish maybe 14th. Because I actually think we’ve got some half decent players.

But that clearly isn’t going to happen and we’re in a right old scrap now. Huge game Friday

International

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I’ve always believed we’d pull well clear and finish maybe 14th. Because I actually think we’ve got some half decent players.

But that clearly isn’t going to happen and we’re in a right old scrap now. Huge game Friday
    Literally, everything is going against us, injuries, decisions, teams flooding the pitch with sprinklers, extra substitutions, and dodgy sendings off.

I'm starting to think we're destined to go down, although logic tells me we've got a better team and fixture list than five or six clubs, it's getting a bit scary.

i had the misfortune to have a Livetv .sx stream with two swansea fans commentating...they were squawking their hatred for us the whole match and their total jubilation when they scored in the final seconds was the ultimate humiliation

International

Teams going down between
    Reading, Wigan, QPR, Blackpool, Huddersfield.

Just above and safe, Cardiff (unless refs and the EFL, find further opportunities to dock points) and Rotherham.

Recent form

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post

4 derby wins a row, that'll do it

let the celebrations begin

International

Quote Originally Posted by SgorioFruit View Post

Enjoy your World cup final, it means little to us, Blackpool is a big game though.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Enjoy your World cup final, it means little to us, Blackpool is a big game though.
    yeh yeh ok

International

yeh yeh ok
    And we beat our rivals Bristol

Who're your nearest rivals TNS or Carmarthen?

That attitude is why we keep losing. It means everything to me and many others. The sooner we accept that and stop being so Fcking arrogant the better.

4 wins in a row and first thought to come on our forum..

Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    4 wins in a row and first thought to come on our forum..

Obsessed
    correct, check the timings, i had a good couple of hours laughing first

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    That attitude is why we keep losing. It means everything to me and many others. The sooner we accept that and stop being so Fcking arrogant the better.
    To be fair, our miserable record against the jacks is not down to the fans - what the club has done on the pitch, and off it in terms of policy and selection of managers, is totally responsible for the current situation. What has Cardiff City done in this fixture since 2019 to deserve an attendance like today’s?

International

Yep and the good news is your useless Manager who gets right up for this game now won't get the sack, that's great news

Lose next week, after this extra effort in your cup final against your Capital, as you usually do?

How much further will you drop next season with him do you think?

Yep and the good news is your useless Manager who gets right up for this game now won't get the sack, that's great news

Lose next week, after this extra effort you usually do?

How much further will you drop next season with him do you think?
    great, lets keep him, will still be above Cardiff in the league and beat you both home and away.

double double double, is it a treble double, or a quadruple, or a treble double? im losing count

International

great, lets keep him, will still be above Cardiff in the league and beat you both home and away.

double double double, is it a treble double, or a quadruple, or a treble double? im losing count
    You must be thick as, I know a few Jack idiots, and they want him gone, one actually said I don't mind losing this one if it means we can get Martin sacked. You win one game and are happy to sacrifice next season, what a fool enjoy your Cup Final, cos tomorrow you'll still wake up in a crappy town with nothing else to smile about

Gloating opposition fans are so 2000s and2010s (or at least they are on here) - don’t you feel embarrassed that we scored double the number of goals against you that we’d managed in our previous eight?

You must be thick as, I know a few Jack idiots, and they want him gone, one actually said I don't mind losing this one if it means we can get Martin sacked. You win one game and are happy to sacrifice next season, what a fool enjoy your Cup Final, cos tomorrow you'll still wake up in a crappy town with nothing else to smile about
    haha love it, lucky for me i dont take football serious, but love a good laugh, today has been a good laugh. tomorrow yes i will wake up still laughing, crappy town? At least we got a beach, haha, where's your beach? You got sludge.

haha love it, lucky for me i dont take football serious, but love a good laugh, today has been a good laugh. tomorrow yes i will wake up still laughing, crappy town? At least we got a beach, haha, where's your beach? You got sludge.
    He’s available on a free transfer though.