+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Remaining fixtures

Remaining fixtures

How many of these can you see us winning?

- Blackpool A - 4 points & 2 places behind us having played 1 game more. Just 2 wins since November. Heavy defeats in their last 2 games. Managed by a certain Mick McCarthy.
    - Sunderland H - 12th. Were challenging for playoffs but falling away now - 7 points off 6th and could be pretty much out of it by the time we play them.
    - Sheff Utd A - 2nd. Will be looking for 3 points to close in on automatic promotion.
    - Watford A - Very much like Sunderland, currently 11th, 6 points off 6th. Maybe nothing much to play for by then.
    - Stoke H - Mid table, not going up or down. Little to play for but on a good run (unbeaten in 5).
    - Rotherham A - Rearranged, we all know why! Grudge match. Currently 1 place and 2 points ahead of us. Could be massive.
    - Huddersfield H - Also could be massive. Currently below us on goal difference, but they've played 1 game more. Have won their last 2. Warnock's return to the CCS makes it even more interesting.
    - Burnley A - Should be crowned champions comfortably before we go there. Hopefully they'll already be on the beach.

Re: Remaining fixtures

I think we will pick up points against Stoke Sunderland Blackpool Rotherham and Huddersfield and stay up by around 4 points.

We are not very good...but i don't think we will go down.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    We are not very good...but i don't think we will go down.
    All it takes is for one team in the relegation zone to get a couple of fluke results and us to continue as we have been - and it's not looking very promising. Up or down - I dont see how things are going to change much next season. We still cant sign any players other than loans. When is the next sala payment due ?

Teams with nothing to play for (no chance of promotion or fear of relegation) have many times enjoyed good runs of success purely because they can enjoy their football. I fancy us to beat Blackpool but get turned over by Sunderland who will be backed by a huge following at CCS. After that who knows...

Survival is critical to Tan but unless huge changes are made (and how this will happen is another story) we will be favourites to go down next season with this squad.

I am sorry I post infrequently which annoys some, but that is they way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    Teams with nothing to play for (no chance of promotion or fear of relegation) have many times enjoyed good runs of success purely because they can enjoy their football. I fancy us to beat Blackpool but get turned over by Sunderland who will be backed by a huge following at CCS. After that who knows...

Survival is critical to Tan but unless huge er changes are made (and how this will happen is another story) we will be favourites to go down next season with this squad.

I am sorry I post infrequently which annoys some, but that is they way I see it.

Clinton Morrison reckons even after our disappointment we will be okay, I'm going along with him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post

Survival is critical to Tan but unless huge changes are made (and how this will happen is another story) we will be favourites to go down next season with this squad.

We need two wins plus a few points

We are basically utter shit all over the pitch and it wouldn't surprise me if we go into freefall following the Swansea defeat

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Clinton Morrison reckons even after our disappointment we will be okay, I'm going along with him.
    I think he's a funny guy , he plays the joker but he knows his stuff

However we are so poor this could go either way

We really need a win v Blackpool but if we lose and results go against us we are so poor and hopeless I think that will be our arses

We need a point v Blackpool and a win v Sunderland otherwise we can forget it.
    We know from experience anything can and does happen in the last few games in a relegation battle.
    Still hoping we will scrape staying in division.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    We need a point v Blackpool and a win v Sunderland otherwise we can forget it.
    We know from experience anything can and does happen in the last few games in a relegation battle.
    Still hoping we will scrape staying in division.
    Beating Blackpool would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    How many of these can you see us winning?

- Blackpool A - 4 points & 2 places behind us having played 1 game more. Just 2 wins since November. Heavy defeats in their last 2 games. Managed by a certain Mick McCarthy.
    - Sunderland H - 12th. Were challenging for playoffs but falling away now - 7 points off 6th and could be pretty much out of it by the time we play them.
    - Sheff Utd A - 2nd. Will be looking for 3 points to close in on automatic promotion.
    - Watford A - Very much like Sunderland, currently 11th, 6 points off 6th. Maybe nothing much to play for by then.
    - Stoke H - Mid table, not going up or down. Little to play for but on a good run (unbeaten in 5).
    - Rotherham A - Rearranged, we all know why! Grudge match. Currently 1 place and 2 points ahead of us. Could be massive.
    - Huddersfield H - Also could be massive. Currently below us on goal difference, but they've played 1 game more. Have won their last 2. Warnock's return to the CCS makes it even more interesting.
    - Burnley A - Should be crowned champions comfortably before we go there. Hopefully they'll already be on the beach.

We are certainly capable of getting 8 points from that lot - so it depends on confidence, getting Robinson back (although I suspect he's out for the season) and some players stepping up with a fighting spirit that has been missin.

I also suspect that our fate is not so much in our hands but in the hands of the good or poor form of others.

It's the most worried I've been since we have been in the Championship as I just don't see the character or fight in the squad needed to drag out the results needed.

We are where we are and the league doesn't lie.

I was quietly confident of staying up before the Jack game and those 3 points would have been nice but there is plenty still to play for. It was just the manner of the loss and the lack of fight. On the balance of play we were fortunate to get back to 2-2 before their winner.

Despite what people of saying ,I think any of the bottom 3 clubs could pull above us. In terms of managers I think they've each got one who can get the best out of them - however good or bad that it. Away to Sheff Utd ? Away to Watford ? Away to Burnley ? It's not looking good.