Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bellamy bankrupt

Craig Bellamy bankrupt

Re: Craig Bellamy bankrupt

Old news

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Old news
    Really? The article says that the judgement was on Monday.

International

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Wow what a waste after all that effort, crazy that's actually sad that he could be foolish with his financial future.

Footballers v intelligence ??

I'm sure we will get an outpouring of sadness from some , it take some doing though to chuck away good earnings and opportunities.

There is real poverty out there ? and then there is pathetic waste..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I'm sure we will get an outpouring of sadness from some , it take some doing though to chuck away good earnings and opportunities.

A fair bit of his money has gone to charity.

He’s been through horrible times mentally, something most of us can’t fathom out. No matter what he earned, what he was worth at one stage of his life, this is now. The man is a football encyclopaedia, he’s a true student of the game, he’s a hell of an asset to Vincent Kompany at Burnley. Financially he’s been stiffed, taken advantage of, taken the piss out of really by so called mates, people he thought he was looking after. Let’s hope he’s wised up financially because he’s going to ok football wise in coaching/management.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He’s been through horrible times mentally, something most of us can’t fathom out. No matter what he earned, what he was worth at one stage of his life, this is now. The man is a football encyclopaedia, he’s a true student of the game, he’s a hell of an asset to Vincent Kompany at Burnley. Financially he’s been stiffed, taken advantage of, taken the piss out of really by so called mates, people he thought he was looking after. Let’s hope he’s wised up financially because he’s going to ok football wise in coaching/management.
    He comes across so well when he's commentating, and many footballers have gone out of their way to say how good he is as a coach and how knowledgeable he is.

It's true, he is still young and has a great coaching career ahead of him, fingers crossed he's learned and now has some good advisers.

Was the Sierra Leone thing a tax dodge or something? Seems so random. I remember when he signed a lot of city fans paid into that as a thank you.

Shame, it seems he has a lot going around in his head.

Wouldn’t say he wasted it, sounds like he put trust in the wrong people even giving someone PoE for gods sake…..unbelievable

Rich bloke isn't rich anymore. So what? Why is this newsworthy?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Rich bloke isn't rich anymore. So what? Why is this newsworthy?
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Death-Row.html

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...craig-26613780

Well, he won't be paying the tax it will be written off for a start.

Should we have a whip around at the next home game?

Like you give a **** about poor people

Well, he won't be paying the tax it will be written off for a start.[/QUOTE]

I can assure you it won't be.

International

I can assure you it won't be.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was the idea of bankruptcy, starting again from scratch, debts written off?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I can assure you it won't be.
    I thought that was the idea of bankruptcy, starting again from scratch, debts written off?[/QUOTE]

Debts are frozen, not written off. Any assets the bankrupt has will be sold and funds distributed amongst his creditors.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I dont know but think - he must have been the victim of fraud / deception or just pure incompetence. Through a mate of a mate I met someone who said they were the property estate manager for Bellamy. He also told me how many properties he looked after and what the value of those properties were. This was about 7 years ago. So I find difficult to fathom how this has happened - other than him being ripped off by certain individuals perhaps.

SuperBluebirds91

It seems pretty sad really. You often hear it happening to people who had a great deal of wealth. It’s probably easier to tip money down the drain than it appears. That said, having wealth and security is something that many of us dream of - even a quarter of that wealth would be enough. Easy to sit here and judge but having that amount of money surely you have to be much more disciplined with it knowing that it has to last you.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I dont know but think - he must have been the victim of fraud / deception or just pure incompetence. Through a mate of a mate I met someone who said they were the property estate manager for Bellamy. He also told me how many properties he looked after and what the value of those properties were. This was about 7 years ago. So I find difficult to fathom how this has happened - other than him being ripped off by certain individuals perhaps.
    He was ,he trusted people and they fleeced him. As he said, he played the football and left the finances to trusted people who were stuffing their own pockets with his earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Well, he won't be paying the tax it will be written off for a start.
    I can assure you it won't be.[/QUOTE]

Hes bankrupt, of course it will.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

Debts are frozen, not written off. Any assets the bankrupt has will be sold and funds distributed amongst his creditors.
    The debt is considered discharged at the end of the period of bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    The debt is considered discharged at the end of the period of bankruptcy.
    Assets held at the point of bankruptcy can still be realised post-discharge will still be used to pay creditors, including HMRC. The process doesn't stop when the bankrupt is discharged.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He was ,he trusted people and they fleeced him. As he said, he played the football and left the finances to trusted people who were stuffing their own pockets with his earnings.
    Other than the person I mentioned who I met once. There were a couple of others that he used to knock around with (no names) , who in turn used to knock around with rather dodgy associates - all hearsay - but I feel for him.

I dont know the exact laws of bankruptcy - but when can he start again without having debtors come after him - or is it never ?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Other than the person I mentioned who I met once. There were a couple of others that he used to knock around with (no names) , who in turn used to knock around with rather dodgy associates - all hearsay - but I feel for him.

I dont know the exact laws of bankruptcy - but when can he start again without having debtors come after him - or is it never ?
    At the date of bankruptcy the debts and assets are looked after by the Trustee in bankruptcy, so any claims should be made to them and not the person.
    However, should there be some 'rather dodgy associates' who are still owed money they may follow their own rules.
    Restrictions on the bankrupt person (eg applying for credit) are usually lifted after 12 months although their credit score can be affected for about 6 years afterwards.