+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do we do our homework on the opposition?

Do we do our homework on the opposition?

I ask this as the main criticism of Russell Martin amongst their supporters is that he ONLY has one way of playing and will always swap players like for like to avoid disrupting the system.

Therefore a lot of opposition managers who have beaten them have often mentioned that they knew how Swansea were going to play.

Surely our coaching staff, scouts, informants etc have watched a few Jack matches in preparation for this game?

Is it really just down to individual errors (McGuinness on the 1st goal, NG on the 2nd, Kipre & Sawyers on the 3rd) or are we just not doing our pre-match homework?

The Swansea format from their own goal kicks were repetitive again & again yet we still refused to close down the defenders or man mark the midfield runners ! !

I know the positive amongst us will rightfully say that we were seconds away from a credible draw but, in reality, we never showed any desire to go and win that game even when they were wobbling.

Re: Do we do our homework on the opposition?

Yes, it is strange that we all on this messageboard see this from the game.......They were there for the taking if we had learnt lessons from other teams who have beaten them. No pressing...no energy.....ambling around watching the opposition pass.....and hopeing for a breakaway....at home.

Re: Do we do our homework on the opposition?

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    I ask this as the main criticism of Russell Martin amongst their supporters is that he ONLY has one way of playing and will always swap players like for like to avoid disrupting the system.

Therefore a lot of opposition managers who have beaten them have often mentioned that they knew how Swansea were going to play.

Surely our coaching staff, scouts, informants etc have watched a few Jack matches in preparation for this game?

Is it really just down to individual errors (McGuinness on the 1st goal, NG on the 2nd, Kipre & Sawyers on the 3rd) or are we just not doing our pre-match homework?

The Swansea format from their own goal kicks were repetitive again & again yet we still refused to close down the defenders or man mark the midfield runners ! !

I know the positive amongst us will rightfully say that we were seconds away from a credible draw but, in reality, we never showed any desire to go and win that game even when they were wobbling.
    I listened to EJFOF on the way to the game and one of the contributors (I think that it was Iwan Roberts) said that he thought that we’d let them have the ball and play on the break (or something similar - I may have misunderstood)

Now he clearly know way more about the game than I ever will, but by doing so we made them look brilliant and just couldn’t get the ball!