+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colwill

Colwill

Apart from the cross I didn't think he did anything else of note. My main concern is he is so ponderous in his movement. Way off the pace and second to every ball. Nowhere near good enough for first team football.What did everyone make of his performance?

Re: Colwill

He got an assist in 25 minutes of gameplay, you can't complain at that no matter what else he does. He really needs a run out, 10 games, guaranteed 90 minutes to see what he can do.

Needs to move away on loan .

Even greats like Bale did ..

He has to go out on loan, either league 1 or 2 but he needs games.

He is at an age where he should not be a fringe player....he IS too slow and ponderous.
    Great effort to get that cross in but THAT is all he did.....no influence at all.

It says a lot that no clubs are even sniffng around....

Incredible that despite the utterly crap performances from some of our players the player who gets singled out for criticism with his own thread is the one who created the equaliser. He could score a hat trick and there'd be someone on here complaining it wasn't aesthetically pleasing enough ffs.

Many reasons for players not delivering.

There may well be an attitude problem .

He wants away.

Or the clubs expectation of him delivering what they need isn't in his locker .

Championship can be brutal.

I thought the hunger to get on the pitch as a young Cardiff player against our foe would see a bit more determination.

Something doesn't look right .

Is he still growing ? As that is difficult to knit into a youngsters development and skills.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Incredible that despite the utterly crap performances from some of our players the player who gets singled out for criticism with his own thread is the one who created the equaliser. He could score a hat trick and there'd be someone on here complaining it wasn't aesthetically pleasing enough ffs.
    I agree he doesn’t need to be singled out, I think people are more thinking to the future.

His contract is up at end of next season,so we may as well try to get something for him this summer while we can if we aren’t going to use him - if that happens, it will say a lot about what sort of club we are.

Picking Ojo on his form this season in front of Colwill, or Davies, makes no sense in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    He is at an age where he should not be a fringe player....he IS too slow and ponderous.
    Great effort to get that cross in but THAT is all he did.....no influence at all.

It says a lot that no clubs are even sniffng around....
    No influence at all, but a cross that set up a goal. C'mon Mo, you're getting twisted up. Incidentally, i don't think that Colwill is good enough either.

Maybe he'd fare better in a team that, y'know, passes the ball and moves around a bit.

He's the only natural footballer we have at the club, a good manager would build a team around him, sadly we have failed to utilise another gifted creative player, instead we have Ojo and a wanker like Wickham playing for us🤮

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He gets singled out because he's come through the system at City and everyone wants him to be part of our future. When he doesn't deliver it's especially disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He has to go out on loan, either league 1 or 2 but he needs games.
    The way it's going we will be in league 1 next season.He will get plenty of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Maybe he'd fare better in a team that, y'know, passes the ball and moves around a bit.
    Get what you're saying, but he's not, so he has to adapt a bit and make the best of what he has at his disposal,that's what good players do I'll just add that the rest of them are pretty crap as well, so that i'm not accused of singling out Colwill.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He gets singled out because he's come through the system at City and everyone wants him to be part of our future. When he doesn't deliver it's especially disappointing.
    But he did deliver? He put in a great ball that resulted in our equaliser.

It feels like some people can't wait to have a go at him, it's bizarre. He and Harris in particular get a lot of undeserved stick whilst players we've brought in from elsewhere get away with far more

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    He's the only natural footballer we have at the club, a good manager would build a team around him, sadly we have failed to utilise another gifted creative player, instead we have Ojo and a wanker like Wickham playing for us��
    I don't like digging out younger players but I've yet to see anything from Colwill to suggest anything like that

He's very clumsy on the ball

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    His contract is up at end of next season,so we may as well try to get something for him this summer while we can if we aren’t going to use him - if that happens, it will say a lot about what sort of club we are.

Picking Ojo on his form this season in front of Colwill, or Davies, makes no sense in my opinion.
    I'd love to see what Colwill could do if given the same opportunities as Ojo. Without Robinson we look in desperate need of someone who can actually pass the ball in advanced areas, something Colwill feels more suited to than Ojo or some combination of Etete/Kaba/Wickham.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Get what you're saying, but he's not, so he has to adapt a bit and make the best of what he has at his disposal,that's what good players do I'll just add that the rest of them are pretty crap as well, so that i'm not accused of singling out Colwill.
    Yeah fair enough. It'd just be a shame if we sold him cos we have a culture of being static and shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Yeah fair enough. It'd just be a shame if we sold him cos we have a culture of being static and shite.
    Yup, agree. Colwill showed plenty of promise, so god knows what has happened to him over the last year or so. Thing is, (And i know that i'm guilty of this) whenever we see an ounce of creativity, it's like stepping into the light, we have been so starved of even the basics, apart from Tomlin, and we all sort of knew that he had a shelf life. It's no wonder we pin our hopes on anything remotely creative, even the sprinkler system that waters the pitch is more aesthetic and graceful than most of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Needs to move away on loan .

Even greats like Bale did ..
    Bale never went out on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, agree. Colwill showed plenty of promise, so god knows what has happened to him over the last year or so. Thing is, (And i know that i'm guilty of this) whenever we see an ounce of creativity, it's like stepping into the light, we have been so starved of even the basics, apart from Tomlin, and we all sort of knew that he had a shelf life. It's no wonder we pin our hopes on anything remotely creative, even the sprinkler system that waters the pitch is more aesthetic and graceful than most of our players.
    I think the issue is, he needs a team built around him but probably not good enough to have a team built around him.

He’s not a Tomlin so he needs to add the effort but doesn’t seem to have it, seems an almost player at the moment. But he needs game as clearly has talent in certain areas of the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Bale never went out on loan
    Real Madrid loaned him to Spurs.

In my opinion, Colwill doesn't have 90 minutes of effective football in him. Give him 20 minutes and he might make something happen. There's a reason consecutive managers haven't started him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think the issue is, he needs a team built around him but probably not good enough to have a team built around him.

He’s not a Tomlin so he needs to add the effort but doesn’t seem to have it, seems an almost player at the moment. But he needs game as clearly has talent in certain areas of the pitch.
    You've got to be some player to have a team built around you.