+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graham Potter sacked aswell

Re: Graham Potter sacked aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He won’t have signed the players. He’s a coach.

Also, Chelsea have signed players to 8 year deals so the transfer fee gets spread over the 8 year deal. It’s obviously a risk if they’re rubbish but if not, it basically helps cheat FFP. They’re going to impose a 4 or 5 year limit next season to stop it
    I wasn't suggesting he did.

It just seems like the money is flowing out like a tap. Perhaps they are gambling on transfer prices to double over that period to make incredible profits. I guess it's not insane, they've done it with plenty of players before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Wrong decision i reckon.
    It was spiralling out of control. He played two full-backs as centre-backs yesterday, with James being one of their best attacking players. The way I see it, Potter was put out of his misery, as most of the players had already turned against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was spiralling out of control. He played two full-backs as centre-backs yesterday, with James being one of their best attacking players. The way I see it, Potter was put out of his misery, as most of the players had already turned against him.
    I'll bow to your greater knowledge on this one, I don't take much notice of what's going on in the premier league. I'm only basing my opinion on the work he did at Brighton, and 7 months isn't long enough really, although I don't know the details really.

Kyle Walker, Luke Shaw to name 2 have played as Centre Backs.

Pep plays 4 centre backs as well remember we did that

Players were shocked that he was sacked.

Says they found out when the news broke online...

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Leicester should go straight in for Potter.
    Why? Do they want seal relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Kyle Walker, Luke Shaw to name 2 have played as Centre Backs.

Pep plays 4 centre backs as well remember we did that
    Yeah, but they don't lose 2-0 at home to Aston Villa If you are going to be innovative and do quirky things, make sure it pays off or you will lose the fans and players. He also rotated too much, probably trying to please his large and expensively assembled squad.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Players were shocked that he was sacked.

Says they found out when the news broke online...
    Not according to insiders who spoke with players after the game.

The Athletic has spoken to sources close to all those concerned, granting them anonymity in order to protect relationships and positions, to paint a picture of how the Chelsea-Potter project fell apart so quickly. We can reveal that:

While relations with Potter were never hostile, key senior players were increasingly sceptical and felt he was out of his depth.

Some referred to him as “Harry” or “Hogwarts” behind his back, while some team selections caused confusion.

So bloated had Chelsea’s first-team squad become that some players had to sit on the floor during team meetings while others changed for training in the corridor.

Some training sessions had to involve a 9v9 game on top of the usual 11v11 such is the size of the squad.

Todd Boehly may draw the focus but Behdad Eghbali is the real power behind the throne at Stamford Bridge and some considered the presence of the owners, watching first-hand so often from the sidelines at training, to be unnerving, even though Potter had no issue with it.

Eyebrows were raised at the head coach’s pledge to try and win the “f****** Champions League” at a recent meeting with supporters, a statement that seemed out of character.

The hierarchy acted when, backed up by data, they determined the team was showing no evidence of progress.

https://theathletic.com/4375397/2023...-never-before/

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Why? Do they want seal relegation.
    No porpoise in that.

Lampard in charge until the end of the season 🤪https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65196241

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Lampard in charge until the end of the season ��https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65196241
    how does he keep failing upwards, incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    how does he keep failing upwards, incredible
    He's a Chelsea legend and they probably wanted someone who knows ropes to oversea their Champions League games, so it kind of makes sense.

Doesn't sound like he wash pushed out of the door by the players here....
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...8fdpbyqki6u75a