+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rotherham and Huddersfield both moved for Sky

Rotherham and Huddersfield both moved for Sky

Our Sky Bet Championship matches against Rotherham United & Huddersfield Town have been selected for Sky Sports coverage.

Our re-arranged away fixture against the Millers will now take place on Thursday, 27th April. The match will kick-off at 8pm.

Our home clash with Huddersfield Town has been pushed back to Sunday, 30th April, with kick-off at midday.

Rotherham United vs. Cardiff City - AESSEAL New York Stadium, 27/04/2023, 8pm KO.

Cardiff City vs. Huddersfield Town - Cardiff City Stadium, 30/04/2023, 12pm KO.

Re: Rotherham and Huddersfield both moved for Sky

That’s probably secured our relegation then. Thanks for nothing Sky.

62 hours to recover from the end of the Rotherham game and prepare for taking on uncle Neil's charges who will be fresh and raring to go having not played for 12 days.

FFS..just got a refund on the Rotherham ticket as I'm away until 26th April. I can make the 27th. Pick n shovel, even if it is on Sky.

Shafted and shafted again.

Not very long to recover at all. Everything seems to be conspiring to send us down. Let’s show the bastards

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Not very long to recover at all. Everything seems to be conspiring to send us down. Let’s show the bastards
    Could be worse, we could have had a points deduction.

Every team down there will have their own sob story should they go down.

It's all in our own hands. Hopefully we have enough about ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

That’s why we are worried. We haven’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    That’s why we are worried. We haven’t.
    I tend to think you're right, but today will teach us an awful lot about the team - there should have been a reaction last week because of what the fixture with Swansea is, but there wasn't, there has to be the reaction today that we didn't see against the jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Our Sky Bet Championship matches against Rotherham United & Huddersfield Town have been selected for Sky Sports coverage.

Our re-arranged away fixture against the Millers will now take place on Thursday, 27th April. The match will kick-off at 8pm.

Our home clash with Huddersfield Town has been pushed back to Sunday, 30th April, with kick-off at midday.

Rotherham United vs. Cardiff City - AESSEAL New York Stadium, 27/04/2023, 8pm KO.

Cardiff City vs. Huddersfield Town - Cardiff City Stadium, 30/04/2023, 12pm KO.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Points deductions are for teams that have done something wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    62 hours to recover from the end of the Rotherham game and prepare for taking on uncle Neil's charges who will be fresh and raring to go having not played for 12 days.
    The changes have actually made 3 hours difference! And in all honesty if professional players cannot play a couple of games in a week at the business end of the season they should not be playing. Plus a side that has not played for nearly two weeks could be short of match fitness, it works both ways.

Let's stop all this "it's not fair" rubbish - things even themselves out and we well stay up or be relegated on our own merit or lack of it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I tend to think you're right, but today will teach us an awful lot about the team - there should have been a reaction last week because of what the fixture with Swansea is, but there wasn't, there has to be the reaction today that we didn't see against the jacks.
    We were caught cold with that throw and on the back foot right from the off. I think we showed a reaction to grab 2 goals back.

Hopefully today we're like a wounded animal though Bob.

We've got to give at least one team a good hiding this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Points deductions are for teams that have done something wrong, though.
    As are transfer embargoes!

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    As are transfer embargoes!
    Indeed.

But perhaps people are right to think the way they're rearranging our games is working against us?

If we go down it'll be because we weren't good enough over the course of the 46 games. Shouldn't ever have to leave it to a handful of games that were rearranged...do our job and we won't need excuses.

Indeed.

But perhaps people are right to think the way they're rearranging our games is working against us?

If we go down it'll be because we weren't good enough over the course of the 46 games. Shouldn't ever have to leave it to a handful of games that were rearranged...do our job and we won't need excuses.
    Absolutely.

I get fed up when fans blame an offside goal for Chelsea for our PL relegation whereas the truth is that relegation happens over the course of a season.

Poor from Sky, 19 days and 23 days notice should be too little for moving fixtures around.

Especially with the Huddersfield game being bank holiday weekend, how many away fans would’ve already had plans in place assuming it was still a 3pm kick off on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    The changes have actually made 3 hours difference
    It’s more than that. The fixture against Rotherham has been pushed back 48 hours (and 15mins :hehe) and the Huddersfield fixture has been pushed back 21 hours.

So we lose out on 27 hours of time between fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    It’s more than that. The fixture against Rotherham has been pushed back 48 hours (and 15mins :hehe) and the Huddersfield fixture has been pushed back 21 hours.

But we also gain time between the Stoke and Rotherham games. Swings and roundabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

In a month when we're playing 8 games in 30 days

We were caught cold with that throw and on the back foot right from the off. I think we showed a reaction to grab 2 goals back.

Hopefully today we're like a wounded animal though Bob.

We've got to give at least one team a good hiding this year.
    I hope you're right, I fear an early Blackpool goal could kill us, confidence will be on the floor after Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I hope you're right, I fear an early Blackpool goal could kill us, confidence will be on the floor after Swansea
    If I'm Mick I'm telling them to come flying out the traps at us. They won't sustain it..but it could pay off for them if they come out swinging like a rusty gate early doors