+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Niels Nkounkou

Niels Nkounkou

scored another 2 for St Etienne today, from left wing back.

making it 4 goals and 6 assists in 12 games.

I don't think we tried him here as a wing back did we?

Re: Niels Nkounkou

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

We certainly tried him as a piece of toast for any team trying to exploit that side of our defence!

Think he was played left back for us? Which had its obvious issues. He was a different class going forward tbf

He was good going forward. To be fair. I could say what his strengths were. Robert Glatzel on the other hand the we dont play to his strengths card was often mentioned. I havent a clue what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He was good going forward. To be fair. I could say what his strengths were. Robert Glatzel on the other hand the we dont play to his strengths card was often mentioned. I havent a clue what they were.
    For someone who has scored a ratio of far less than a goal every two games for Hamburg and doubled his salary in the process, neither can I.

https://bulinews.com/news/12861/hsv-...ct-hefty-raise

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Whatever they are Hamburg seem to have figured it out. He’s scored 43 in 66 appearances for them to date and they reportedly doubled his salary to keep him last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Think he was played left back for us? Which had its obvious issues. He was a different class going forward tbf
    Likewise O’Dowda. I feel he is wasted at wing back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Likewise O’Dowda. I feel he is wasted at wing back.
    Yeah agree but it feels like needs must at left back when the other options are Simpson and Bagan who are not at the level needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

If we had, we wouldn't be in the position we're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If we had, we wouldn't be in the position we're in.
    one of the strangest things for me is last season we mostly played 3 CBs and Wing backs under Morison (and Mick for that matter) but this season he only played it in his last couple of games I think, Hudson pretty much played 4 at the back as well, then Lamouchi does mix it up a bit but he's played quite a bit of 3-5-2 now

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    For someone who has scored a ratio of far less than a goal every two games for Hamburg and doubled his salary in the process, neither can I.
    Not sure where you got that stat from, but Glatzel has scored 44 goals in 67 appearances for Hamburg.

It was clear as day that Nkonkou is a naturally gifted attacking midfielder. How the heck he ended up as a ful back is beyond me. And these "coaches" get paid decent money.