+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sporting Heroes Who owned Shops...

Sporting Heroes Who owned Shops...

Or Pubs, Cafe's, in fact any retail Business. I'll give you Len Ashurst Trophies, John Scott had the sports shop in Canton, and Barry Nelmes was the Landlord of The Retreat Pub in Llanedeyrn, back when it used to get a bit tasty, as was Dai Bishops old man (Association is fine-My rules)

Re: Sporting Heroes Who owned Shops...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Or Pubs, Cafe's, in fact any retail Business. I'll give you Len Ashurst Trophies, John Scott had the sports shop in Canton, and Barry Nelmes was the Landlord of The Retreat Pub in Llanedeyrn, back when it used to get a bit tasty, as was Dai Bishops old man (Association is fine-My rules)
    Ronnie Bird Golden Cross

John Charles had a sports shop in Rhiwbina. Gavin Henson runs a pub somewhere aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    John Charles had a sports shop in Rhiwbina. Gavin Henson runs a pub somewhere aswell.
    St Brides Major , Bridgend

Brian Attley , Decorator

Steve Sherlock , Windows, Kitchens

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    John Charles was a world class footballer, in two positions apparently. Could you imagine a player of his stature in todays game running a sports shop in Rhiwbina

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Brian Attley , Decorator

Steve Sherlock , Windows, Kitchens
    I'm not having decorator, i said shops and the like, stay within the topic please.

I'm not having decorator, i said shops and the like, stay within the topic please.
    It's going to be a short thread

It's going to be a short thread
    So be it. It can extend to players who didn't play for us, in all parts of the country. Carl Dale is a spark and Jeff Eckhardt is a tiler, although this thread isn't about trades, it's shops and public houses, do i make myself clear?

So be it. It can extend to players who didn't play for us, in all parts of the country. Carl Dale is a spark and Jeff Eckhardt is a tiler, although this thread isn't about trades, it's shops and public houses, do i make myself clear?
    Steve Lynex , pub in the Midlands somewhere

Lethal

Lou Macari’s chip shop near Old Trafford. Even more impressively is the work with the homeless he does in Stoke.

Leon Jeanne.
    Mark Aizlewood and Paul Surgue.

I'm pushing it a bit suggesting they were heroes of mine but I'm getting into the dpirit of the thread.

People can google their businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Leon Jeanne.
    Mark Aizlewood and Paul Surgue.

I'm pushing it a bit suggesting they were heroes of mine but I'm getting into the dpirit of the thread.

People can google their businesses.

Didn't Gary Bell run a pub in the East Midlands / Cambridge area where City fans would visit when the club were playing Cambridge away

Steve Lynex , pub in the Midlands somewhere

Lethal
    Didn't he do some kind of display there on Bonfire night which resulted in some youngster getting badly injured?

Didn't he do some kind of display there on Bonfire night which resulted in some youngster getting badly injured?
    Yep

Lethal Lynex indeed

Peter Sayer ran the bar at a golf club in Preston.

Craig Bellamy was involved in Pier 64?? or something like that down the Bay (i Think)

TGI Robin Fridays

Jeff Hemmerman trained as a physio and opened up a practice in Newport i think.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    TGI Robin Fridays
    Diego Costa Coffee...

First Team

The marathon runner Bernie Plaine had a sports shop on Newport Rd if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    The marathon runner Bernie Plaine had a sports shop on Newport Rd if memory serves.
    Yes, that's a great shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Clifton St I think or perhaps Lower Clifton St.

When I was a regular in Hock's the Indian restaurant in Uplands, Swansea in the late 70's, Neville Meade, the British Heavyweight Champion, was on the doors.

Fred Stansfield - ran a newsagent in whitchurch opposite Eglwys Wen Primary now called Whirchurch primary school. lovely man