Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Transgender women in German football

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65085345

Sounds like a big old can of worms to me

Re: Transgender women in German football

So messy.

It's massively unfair on women.

But if one club or country includes transgender women then the rest will follow just to compete if nothing else.

Is the future just one mixed game open to all?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    It'd make things a whole lot easier , that's for sure.

Things that will be reflected upon in 2223 and considered ****in dull as fck ........ gender segregation, maniacal use of fossil fuels ...... probably some other stuff too....nukes n shit.

..........If you are reading this two hundred years in the future as part of some history doctorate of book research or something......just know that dembethekuntwarrior and kunt from mars (It's bantz, lads. Don't get your non-transgender knickers in a twist) are not entirely representative of the fan base of Cardiff City FC (if you know what that is).

Also, are there robot dogs with machine guns on their backs killing everyone ?

Utterly ridiculous thought.

"The German football association (DFB) has made a first step by introducing a policy this season across the amateur and youth game that allows transgender and non-binary players to choose if they play in men's or women's teams - a move it says puts inclusion at the heart of the sport without jeopardising player safety or fairness.

DFB diversity ambassador Thomas Hitzlsperger said the organisation was "leading the way" on inclusion and that other footballing nations, including England, Scotland and Wales, have been in contact to find out more.

But attitudes towards transgender inclusion outside Germany are very different and there are big concerns about fairness and the safety of other athletes."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65085345

Sounds like a big old can of worms to me

That’s a kick in the balls for the girls

From the article:

Insisting this is "not about having a huge advantage", the 40-year-old former Aston Villa and West Ham midfielder suggested "it takes more than just being strong and fast, it takes skill and team effort to play football".

But strength and pace would be a massive advantage at that kind of level. You'd have to be a lot worse skillwise not to stand out.

Rumour has it Christina Ronaldo has just signed for Bayern Munich Women.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Rumour has it Christina Ronaldo has just signed for Bayern Munich Women.
    Lilly Messi signing for Borussia Dortmund should even things up.

I can remember back in school the girls 6th form hockey team were county champions, they arranged a match between the girls team and a collection of 6th form boys - none of whom had ever played hockey before, I think perhaps one played roller hockey.

the boys team absolutely thrashed the girls 5-0 I think, despite having little to no skill and no tactics or coaching - they were just a lot stronger and faster, first to every ball and outnumbered the girls all over the pitch.
    clearly pace and skill weren't enough to offset the advantage on that day.

it's a really difficult issue - I'm all for trans people living their life however they like and don't want to see anyone excluded from sport or any other area of life, but then you think what is the whole point of women's sport - to allow women to compete in areas they otherwise wouldn't have any chance.
    if you could absolutely guarantee that trans women had no residual physical advantage over cis women then I think most people would be fine with it, but I just don't think that is the case.
    of course the numbers of trans people are very small- so we don't see huge numbers if them dominating women's sport, but does that make it ok?
    no idea what the solution should be though

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I can remember back in school the girls 6th form hockey team were county champions, they arranged a match between the girls team and a collection of 6th form boys - none of whom had ever played hockey before, I think perhaps one played roller hockey.

the boys team absolutely thrashed the girls 5-0 I think, despite having little to no skill and no tactics or coaching - they were just a lot stronger and faster, first to every ball and outnumbered the girls all over the pitch.

it's a really difficult issue - I'm all for trans people living their life however they like and don't want to see anyone excluded from sport or any other area of life, but then you think what is the whole point of women's sport - to allow women to compete in areas they otherwise wouldn't have any chance.
    if you could absolutely guarantee that trans women had no residual physical advantage over cis women then I think most people would be fine with it, but I just don't think that is the case.
    of course the numbers of trans people are very small- so we don't see huge numbers if them dominating women's sport, but does that make it ok?
    The girls won the sixth form hockey game against the boys in our school, the fact that they weren’t too particular about whether they were hitting the ball or the opponent with their sticks, whereas the men were playing at being proper gentlemen probably helped a bit.

Probably showing my ignorance here, but wouldn’t trans only competitions be a way around the problem or are there not enough of them to get anything of a decent standard organised?

Transgender people should be respected and the days of bullying and harassment are hopefully slowly fading

But it's totally wrong for a person with masculine physical strength and power to compete with women

They should be totally respected for what they are and what they identify with but unless sport is totally coalesced or merged or whatever then someone born male is going to have a distinct physical advantage over women in the same or opposition team or over an individual opponent

So it's no

"but then you think what is the whole point of women's sport - to allow women to compete in areas they otherwise wouldn't have any chance."

I thought it was to complete against other women.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "but then you think what is the whole point of women's sport - to allow women to compete in areas they otherwise wouldn't have any chance."

I thought it was to complete against other women.
    Yes and women should compete against other women because....

Agree with this. Anyone who watches sport regularly will understand the difference between men in women in terms of speed, strength and stamina. Some argue that it's just down to testosterone and if a man reduces that it's a level playing field, but it's clearly more than that. Could a woman increase her testosterone for a year/2 years and be competitive against men? No.
    Athletics and swimming have both said that trans athletes can't compete in women's races and are exploring "open categories" instead. Not sure how that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yes and women should compete against other women because....
    They're women?

They're women?
    I'm not sure where you were going with this. Did you disagree with what rjk said?

I'm not sure where you were going with this. Did you disagree with what rjk said?
    I am making you chase your tail, because it was nothing to do with you

I am making you chase your tail, because it was nothing to do with you
    It looks more like you didn't really follow what he was saying

It looks more like you didn't really follow what he was saying
    Whether he did or whether didn’t , is there really any reason for you to comment , not really, but then that’s what’s you do isn’t it…..

SuperBluebirds91

It can be a difficult one and I can see the arguments on either side for this.

For:

It should be noted that when trans woman take hormones they have a significant reduction in muscle and strength. They are no where near male competitors. There are many changes in the body caused by taking hormones and therefore it isn’t really fair for trans woman to compete against men.

It will allow trans woman to take part if they decide not to transition as not everyone does or can.

If this had been a problem there would be many trans woman athletes winning gold medals all over the place which is not the case. Infact I don’t think any were qualifying for world elite athletics prior to the current restrictions anyway.

It keeps everyone included in sports as sports is for everyone. There isn’t enough trans people in sports to make up another category at present.

Much of this whole banning trans woman from sports has stemmed from an attack on the minority group via the same groups that attacked gay people 25 years ago. They await to see who is the most vulnerable and begin because it is easy to target vulnerable people. Woman’s rights are used as a weapon but unfortunately the very people who think they are fighting for these rights are often attacking them - you attack woman’s rights you attack trans women! They are also quite nazi like in their approach. Something I have no time for. Give it about 20 years and these people will realise they’ve actually caused A lot of harm but it’ll be too late then for apologies.

There are so many other factors that give people advantages in sport and these even include illnesses that cause a higher level of test prone in woman. Not to mention height weight and talent. Are they going to ban every woman who had an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    It can be a difficult one and I can see the arguments on either side for this.

For:

It should be noted that when trans woman take hormones they have a significant reduction in muscle and strength. They are no where near male competitors. There are many changes in the body caused by taking hormones and therefore it isn’t really fair for trans woman to compete against men.

It will allow trans woman to take part if they decide not to transition as not everyone does or can.

If this had been a problem there would be many trans woman athletes winning gold medals all over the place which is not the case. Infact I don’t think any were qualifying for world elite athletics prior to the current restrictions anyway.

It keeps everyone included in sports as sports is for everyone. There isn’t enough trans people in sports to make up another category at present.

Much of this whole banning trans woman from sports has stemmed from an attack on the minority group via the same groups that attacked gay people 25 years ago. They await to see who is the most vulnerable and begin because it is easy to target vulnerable people. Woman’s rights are used as a weapon but unfortunately the very people who think they are fighting for these rights are often attacking them - you attack woman’s rights you attack trans women! They are also quite nazi like in their approach. Something I have no time for. Give it about 20 years and these people will realise they’ve actually caused A lot of harm but it’ll be too late then for apologies.

There are so many other factors that give people advantages in sport and these even include illnesses that cause a higher level of test prone in woman. Not to mention height weight and talent. Are they going to ban every woman who had an advantage.
    There have been two major studies on testosterone reduction in trans identifying males and they show a negligible difference in performance, and there are a myriad of other physiological advantages that someone born male would have over a woman.

It doesn't matter if someone is winning gold medals all over the place or not, they would still be taking the place of a woman who has far more right to be in the competition in the first place.

This isn't the same as the attack on gay rights; this argument has come about in recent years because of self-ID and trans rights activism. Some of the trans activism has been brutal and designed to shut women up - the latest inclination to label them as nazis, as you have, is part of the propaganda.

The advantages of height etc exist within a category. If you're that much faster than everyone else then good for you, but being a different sex is entirely something else.

SuperBluebirds91

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    There have been two major studies on testosterone reduction in trans identifying males and they show a negligible difference in performance, and there are a myriad of other physiological advantages that someone born male would have over a woman.

It doesn't matter if someone is winning gold medals all over the place or not, they would still be taking the place of a woman who has far more right to be in the competition in the first place.

This isn't the same as the attack on gay rights; this argument has come about in recent years because of self-ID and trans rights activism. Some of the trans activism has been brutal and designed to shut women up - the latest inclination to label them as nazis, as you have, is part of the propaganda.

The advantages of height etc exist within a category. If you're that much faster than everyone else then good for you, but being a different sex is entirely something else.
    Just one final thing to add regarding trans activism - it really isn’t that big a scale. The people that seem to shout the loudest are the anti trans campaigners. Of course there is a push back because people are fed up with - it’s got very personal. Trans people will always be here long after these people have moved on o attacking another vulnerable group sadly.

Why does it have to be an attack in trans people?
    Why can't it simply be in the interest of fairness?