+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trans rights, do you care?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Trans rights, do you care?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    On the other hand, it may be akin to the campaign for rights and equality for homosexuals in the 1960s and thereafter. Another calibration of our society in regard of a minority who consider themselves marginalised, ignored and/or discriminated against.
    Yes agree I meant people getting worked up about he/she/it/they pronouns is nonsensical. I'm all in favour of trans rights and people should never be abused. We like to think gender is "safely and simply" binary but for those people locked into the wrong body because of a biological aberration it must be a living hell.

The right try to turn very isolated situations into major issues and political hot potatoes.
    The left try their very best not to get burnt by the potatoes.

While certain sections of the media and politics try to get people pissed off about the potatoes.
    Meanwhile the massive majority of the general public are not bothered and think "live and let live"

Much the same as the boats, and pretty sad that the country somehow gets focused on very small minorities and issues that actually, on a day to day, don't affect them. I guess at least it distracts people from not being able to afford potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Yes agree I meant people getting worked up about he/she/it/they pronouns is nonsensical. I'm all in favour of trans rights and people should never be abused. We like to think gender is "safely and simply" binary but for those people locked into the wrong body because of a biological aberration it must be a living hell.
    The non-binary personal pronoun situation is causing mayhem in some languages. There are over 20 different words currently in circulation in German-speaking countries regarding what English language speakers refer to as the non-binary 'they/them'.