+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US Masters

Re: US Masters

Those who attend the Masters are called patrons and I don’t think you’re allowed to run from hole to hole at this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Thanks for the advice!.
    We are driving down to Lexington, South Carolina tomorrow which is about an hour from Augusta.
    Early night and an early start around 4.00am to get there and que.

We have some lawn chairs that are going on 16 so look out for the herbert with the Cardiff City cap on.
    The Newport boy has done good I'm the same as you, i wouldn't have a clue. Whatever happens, have a great time, and tap a few of them rich people up for a bit of the Venetian plastering, cash only, i can pay my own flights

Always thought the Masters was over-rated. All that green jacket malarkey. US Open for me all day long. Different venues, links and parkland courses etc. Also great names-Winged Foot, Shinnecock Hills, Baltusrol, Pebble Beach, Pinehurst etc. Looking forward to going to Wilshire Boulevard in June.

You think because I've never been to a golf tournament, that I shouldn't be able to go to this as my first one due to the prestige of it?

If not, was it the way that I worded my post that grips your shit? The quoutation marks maybe?

Should I just join a golf forum to ask?
    How about you just posting your thoughts on boxing to Check Hook or something?

Is asking on here if anybody has done a skydive for instance going to raise your pulse?

This board is a decent sounding board for most things and I'm sure that several people on here have been to golf tournaments.
    Hardly unreasonable FFS.
    Don't let unpleasant detractors bug you. Have a great day, old fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The Newport boy has done good I'm the same as you, i wouldn't have a clue. Whatever happens, have a great time, and tap a few of them rich people up for a bit of the Venetian plastering, cash only, i can pay my own flights
    Thank you My Man!
    Next bathroom is on hold for a bit...but should you be available and wish to pop over to help me for a week when I start, I'd happily host you and buy your drinks all week 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Don't let unpleasant detractors bug you. Have a great day, old fruit.
    Thank you TBG.
    Apologies for my poor grammar and spelling during this thread 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im sure it will be a brilliant experience.

Make the most of it. This is Augusta in the Spring id be getting advice from those that have been there or searching the web for advice on getting the most of the experience at one of the greatest courses in golf. Not CCMB.

Enjoy.
    Thank you Mate.

Thank you My Man!
    Next bathroom is on hold for a bit...but should you be available and wish to pop over to help me for a week when I start, I'd happily host you and buy your drinks all week 😀
    Looking at the work you completed, you're better than me I'll still come though

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Looking at the work you completed, you're better than me I'll still come though
    It would be my pleasure!

It would be my pleasure!

Thank you TBG.
    Apologies for my poor grammar and spelling during this thread ��
    Fear not. You have expressed yourself wonderfully

Quote Originally Posted by Incy Wincy Spider View Post
    Always thought the Masters was over-rated. All that green jacket malarkey. US Open for me all day long. Different venues, links and parkland courses etc. Also great names-Winged Foot, Shinnecock Hills, Baltusrol, Pebble Beach, Pinehurst etc. Looking forward to going to Wilshire Boulevard in June.
    Hope that you enjoy it IWS!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    You’ve been “given” tickets to the greatest golf tournament in the world and you want to know how to “do” a pro golf tournament? I’d give them to somebody who would appreciate them more than you will ever imagine !!!
    My advice stay in club house get pissed up on strong cider order a just eat pizza and watch it on TV you’ll get a better view and close to the toilets

Have a great time.
    Apparently the food there is very good and cheap. Lots of memorabilia which isn't cheap. You will be searched when you arrive, so bear in mind thst mobile phones or cameras are not permitted,

Not sure look out for falling trees was on the list of suggestions!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1644436154324774926

I'm glad that I was there on Thursday, It was superb.

Drive home yesterday was shocking, through mainly really bad weather which is what has hammered the course.

I'm glad that I was there on Thursday, It was superb.

Drive home yesterday was shocking, through mainly really bad weather which is what has hammered the course.
    Glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to your comments on the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to your comments on the experience.
    We left Northern VA at 9.30am on Wednesday and drove just under 8 hours to Lexington, South Carolina where we stayed for the night.
    Left the hotel at 3.30am and got to Augusta about 4.30am where we joined the queue at the South Gate with about 20 people in front of us.

The Green Jackets came to meet us at the gate at about 7.00am and gave us a speech as to what to expect and conduct requirements including no running to where we intended to go.
    Gates were opened at around 7.15am and the hordes started speed walking...many straight past us as they were younger, fitter and presumably hadn't woke up with a bad foot a couple of days beforehand like me.

Got to security and our line seemed to take forever, we got through eventually with what seemed like hundreds of people in front of us and headed to hole 16 (Par 3).
    There were probably around 20-30 chairs placed around the green, so plenty of space and we set our chairs in the front row at the end of the left hand bunker with the water on our right.
    The pin wasn't set at this point so we couldn't really tell the best vantage point.
    It turned out well though as we were pretty close to the flag and could also see the tee box. We could also partially see the tee for 17 (Where the trees fell yesterday). You couldn't see the hole without standing up though due to a slight gradient.

We waited till there were seats placed all around us and left them there to have a walk around the course.
    1st port of call was the first hole were the honorary starters hit their shots. I couldn't see the shots but once the crowds had dispersed a little we saw Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Tom Watson.

We then went to Founders Circle by the Clubhouse and had a photo taken (We weren't allowed to take our phones or camera's in).
    We then walked back to the first hole where Vijay Singh was teeing off and then I nearly bumped into Sandy Lyle

A bit more walking then we followed Freddie Couples group for a few holes on 3,4 and 5.
    Got some food which was very reasonably priced at around $3 for a sandwich, then joined a queue for the Masters Golf Shop which took about an hour or so (It was a bit like Disney light with the ropes curving around a lot to control the crowd and give the impression that things were moving). People were buying massive quantities of merchandise and they had a shipping booth attached so people could post their purchases back home.
    I bought a couple of polo shirts and just left them by the side of my chair. Again the prices seemed reasonable.

From there, we found a place at Amen Corner where we could see the Green of 11, close to the tee box of 12 and the iconic walk over bridge that I think was Hogan's Bridge.
    We watched Sergio Garcia's group and Patrick Reed's group putt on 11 and Tee off on 12.

I cant remember if it was before or after this but, we then saw Tiger limping down 6.

Another sandwich and a beer later, I returned to our seats and watched the groups that were coming through 16 including Freddie Couples group again.

I stayed here then apart from going to the concessions or toilets for the rest of the day.
    Highlights were seeing Tiger make a Birdie on 16 right in front of me and watching Mickelson's tee shot land in the water just to my right.

We were pretty much burned out by 5pm so left not long after.
    It took about and hour and half to get back to the hotel, went for a few beers and a meal then handed off the badges to the holders son at 11.30pm.
    It was a long old day and the drive back yesterday was just difficult, left around 8.45am and got home around 6.30pm

The course was beautiful although it did smell a bit of manure which I guess keeps it in such condition. It was a bit hilly, but not close to what I expected especially compared to the Celtic Manor.
    The facilities were immaculate. If somebody went to the stalls toilet...one of the workers there would clean it straight after the person left.

It was a wonderful experience and I'm pleased that I had the opportunity to go.

Masters Photo.jpg

Just brilliant DC. So pleased you got to experience it.

I’ve never done a pro golf tournament but have been to plenty of other sports events. Maybe one day I’ll sort myself to go see an event on the tour.

We left Northern VA at 9.30am on Wednesday and drove just under 8 hours to Lexington, South Carolina where we stayed for the night.
    Left the hotel at 3.30am and got to Augusta about 4.30am where we joined the queue at the South Gate with about 20 people in front of us.

The Green Jackets came to meet us at the gate at about 7.00am and gave us a speech as to what to expect and conduct requirements including no running to where we intended to go.
    Gates were opened at around 7.15am and the hordes started speed walking...many straight past us as they were younger, fitter and presumably hadn't woke up with a bad foot a couple of days beforehand like me.

Got to security and our line seemed to take forever, we got through eventually with what seemed like hundreds of people in front of us and headed to hole 16 (Par 3).
    There were probably around 20-30 chairs placed around the green, so plenty of space and we set our chairs in the front row at the end of the left hand bunker with the water on our right.
    The pin wasn't set at this point so we couldn't really tell the best vantage point.
    It turned out well though as we were pretty close to the flag and could also see the tee box. We could also partially see the tee for 17 (Where the trees fell yesterday). You couldn't see the hole without standing up though due to a slight gradient.

We waited till there were seats placed all around us and left them there to have a walk around the course.
    1st port of call was the first hole were the honorary starters hit their shots. I couldn't see the shots but once the crowds had dispersed a little we saw Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Tom Watson.

We then went to Founders Circle by the Clubhouse and had a photo taken (We weren't allowed to take our phones or camera's in).
    We then walked back to the first hole where Vijay Singh was teeing off and then I nearly bumped into Sandy Lyle

A bit more walking then we followed Freddie Couples group for a few holes on 3,4 and 5.
    Got some food which was very reasonably priced at around $3 for a sandwich, then joined a queue for the Masters Golf Shop which took about an hour or so (It was a bit like Disney light with the ropes curving around a lot to control the crowd and give the impression that things were moving). People were buying massive quantities of merchandise and they had a shipping booth attached so people could post their purchases back home.
    I bought a couple of polo shirts and just left them by the side of my chair. Again the prices seemed reasonable.

From there, we found a place at Amen Corner where we could see the Green of 11, close to the tee box of 12 and the iconic walk over bridge that I think was Hogan's Bridge.
    We watched Sergio Garcia's group and Patrick Reed's group putt on 11 and Tee off on 12.

I cant remember if it was before or after this but, we then saw Tiger limping down 6.

Another sandwich and a beer later, I returned to our seats and watched the groups that were coming through 16 including Freddie Couples group again.

I stayed here then apart from going to the concessions or toilets for the rest of the day.
    Highlights were seeing Tiger make a Birdie on 16 right in front of me and watching Mickelson's tee shot land in the water just to my right.

We were pretty much burned out by 5pm so left not long after.
    It took about and hour and half to get back to the hotel, went for a few beers and a meal then handed off the badges to the holders son at 11.30pm.
    It was a long old day and the drive back yesterday was just difficult, left around 8.45am and got home around 6.30pm

The course was beautiful although it did smell a bit of manure which I guess keeps it in such condition. It was a bit hilly, but not close to what I expected especially compared to the Celtic Manor.
    The facilities were immaculate. If somebody went to the stalls toilet...one of the workers there would clean it straight after the person left.

It was a wonderful experience and I'm pleased that I had the opportunity to go.

Masters Photo.jpg

Now THAT is a day out.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    je pense qu'il voulait dire file d'attente
    Je ne pension pas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Je ne pension pas.
    pourquoi pas?