+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relegation

Re: Relegation

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If it meant our owners take stock of the situation, realise they've got it wrong in a big way and made large changes or sold the club to somebody who will run it properly I would take relegation now.

Fact is we will just have the same people making bad decisions at a lower league level with a lesser budget.

I do think it will be delaying the inevitable if we stayed up though. We would just be hoping there are three worse teams in the league next season after a summer of recruiting freebies and loan players who command no loan fee.

Relegation would be a big blow to the club though. I think Tan and his merry men will make the same bad decisions just at a lower level. I would honestly expect all players who have any option to jump ship to do so. I think those thinking this squad minus the loan players and players who will be snapped up by Championship clubs will push for promotion against the likes of Ipswich, Derby etc could be in for quite the shock.
    I also think that survival this year could just be a delay of the inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I'm not sure how anybody could think anything but.

We're going almighty close this time around. If we stay up we're then trying to improve enough to stay up next season with a summer of being able to spend nothing. I can't put into words how much I hate what this lot have done to our club (although I do try too frequently on here, admittedly).

Yes, Tan has put his money in to keep the club afloat but how much of that has been needless money due to the way the club is run. Outside of just keeping us alive on life support as a club the decision process has been diabolical and don't make me laugh saying we had a plan.
    We're still reactionary now, even with things like deadlines. Crazy way to run a football club.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Would it be a disaster if we were relegated , I ask this as a few Plymouth fans I know have had a great few seasons in Lee Gwan pushing for promotion, with excellent attendances both home and away.

A chance to reset perhaps ?
    Plymouth's mean league position over the last 50 years has been what is known as League One these days. I would suggest that their fans have lower expectations than ours regarding their presence in what is now the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Plymouth's mean league position over the last 50 years has been what is known as League One these days. I would suggest that their fans have lower expectations than ours regarding their presence in what is now the Championship.
    What about Derby, Sheffield Wednesday,Ipswich , and the like ?

What about Derby, Sheffield Wednesday,Ipswich , and the like ?
    http://alltimeleaguetable.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Exactly, they have higher expectations but their crowds are bigger in this division

Plymouth are a well supported club both home and away

Their crowds in league 1 and league 2 were better than ours

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    it could be, that if we survive this season we are worse next season and finish bottom or something, but I don't see that as inevitable.

There isn't much to choose between any of the clubs in this division once you look beyond the top 2. Look at middlesborough, they've gone from crap to challenging for automatic promotion - with some good loan signings and mostly down to Chuba Akpom seemingly unable to stop scoring - he's scored 32 championship goals in 122 games in total, but 24 of them have come this season in 31 games. I don't think it's impossible for anyone in this division to similarly click and suddenly be challenging for playoffs at least.

Yes we will miss Kipre and Philogene next season, but in terms of permanent signings we on;y lose Harris, Sang and Bagan I think, which doesn't particularly weaken us.

If some of the youngsters can take the step up between now and the end of the season - Etete, Colwill, Davies etc then that will be a positive for next year - McGuinness has already proven himself capable at this level.

Some good recruitment over the summer and who knows.
    I'm not expecting much change from this season really but it isn't impossible.

It also seems likely that one or two other clubs may be in financial difficulty meaning more points deductions next season and probably trimming of their squads

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it could be, that if we survive this season we are worse next season and finish bottom or something, but I don't see that as inevitable.

There isn't much to choose between any of the clubs in this division once you look beyond the top 2. Look at middlesborough, they've gone from crap to challenging for automatic promotion - with some good loan signings and mostly down to Chuba Akpom seemingly unable to stop scoring - he's scored 32 championship goals in 122 games in total, but 24 of them have come this season in 31 games. I don't think it's impossible for anyone in this division to similarly click and suddenly be challenging for playoffs at least.

Yes we will miss Kipre and Philogene next season, but in terms of permanent signings we on;y lose Harris, Sang and Bagan I think, which doesn't particularly weaken us.

If some of the youngsters can take the step up between now and the end of the season - Etete, Colwill, Davies etc then that will be a positive for next year - McGuinness has already proven himself capable at this level.

It also seems likely that one or two other clubs may be in financial difficulty meaning more points deductions next season and probably trimming of their squads
    Do you not think any of McGuinness, Colwill, Davies and add to that Robinson, O'Dowda and a few others might look to jump shit if we are in League 1?

Do you not think any of McGuinness, Colwill, Davies and add to that Robinson, O'Dowda and a few others might look to jump shit if we are in League 1?
    "if we survive this season"

It will be very interesting to see season ticket prices if we drop...

Good attitude.

Nice to read a cheerful post.

I think some people are manically depressed. Just keep on having a positive outlook, **** em.

Or anyway? Do you think many of them will be falling over themselves for another season like this one if we do avoid the drop?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Course they won’t….we pulled in 17000 v the mighty Wycombe in league 1 2002 I think it was….there’s a lot of big clubs in league 1 right now and some league 1 clubs in the PL…
    Remember that fixture well...my son's first City match. Some bloke called Dai Hunt nearby giving the team grief resulting in the local constubulary "having a word". 21 years later not much has changed regarding Dai. A bit more reserved maybe but still prone to shout "Cardiff aggro" randomly! Not sure why there was such a big attendance for the Wycombe match..new owner, maybe? Without checking, attendances were generally around 13/14000 that season if memory serves me correctly (unlikely these days). I can see ST sales dropping, if we are relegated, with most L1 teams being of little interest to the walk ups. We would rely on a good FA Cup run to draw in a bigger attendance. The atmosphere would be flat most of the time if there were only, say, 15k in attendance. Some new away grounds to go to, though.

Wouldn't bother me that much. The worrying thing though is I'm not sure our current team would finish even midtable in the division below.

I bet they'd be crap at it!

International

Would it be a disaster if we were relegated , I ask this as a few Plymouth fans I know have had a great few seasons in Lee Gwan pushing for promotion, with excellent attendances both home and away.

A chance to reset perhaps ?
    Yes, it would be a disaster, although win on Friday and we will be fine, lose and I would worry, although there are still enough points left and a good manager.

When is Robinson back?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I bet they'd be crap at it!
    Haha