+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one not arsed by the threat of relegation?

Am I the only one not arsed by the threat of relegation?

Not just of the opinion we won't go down, I really wouldn't be arsed if we did.

Re: Am I the only one not arsed by the threat of relegation?

We are a veritable spectrum of humanity on here and you may very well not be alone. In the minority perhaps - but we are all God's children.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We are a veritable spectrum of humanity on here and you may very well not be alone. In the minority perhaps - but we are all God's children.
    I get the impression it's a rather tiny minority.

If we went down I would look forward to a lot of aways that I've not done for a while. A lot of the Championship aways have become a bit samey. I enjoy aways more than home games, quite a bit more in fact.

The actual business side of it means that the fans should be arsed. God knows what will happen to the club, especially as we're under an embargo.
    Where does it end? League 2?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I get the impression it's a rather tiny minority.
    Could be and for the reasons people have posted about on another thread. Possible downward spiral: less income for wages, more difficulties in attracting new players, lower crowds, people stirring up apathy () and bad karma all round.

My main reason that it would be bad for me is that with our board and owners I don't buy into the relegation being a reset.

It would just be the same people making the same decisions at a lower level with less money coming into the club and therefore less leeway on those bad decisions.

Let's say for example we make a hash of the summer recruitment, and our hands are already tied on that, FFP restrictions would tighten even more, and we end up staring at possible relegation to League 2 this time next year. Would you put faith in the board here arresting the slide and pulling us in an upward trajectory?
    I certainly wouldn't.

For those mentioning a reset I'd be more convinced that it be likely we would end up bottom half next season than pushing for promotion.
    Disagree? Tell me why not. I would be interested in your reasoning.

If we go down would it be good for the club? no of course not

Would our income go down - yes, a lot

Would it mean we have to cut costs in the squad again, yes of course.

would it mean that I paid any less attention to the team and the league - no, not in the slightest

There's novelty value, that's true. Some different (probably mostly shit) grounds to go to, entering (and given our recent record losing in) the FA Cup in the first round, playing for the Papa John's Trophy, not playing the Jacks or the Wurzels.
    Don't think it's worth it.

Imagine us getting turned over by Swansea youth in the Pappa John's pizza trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Imagine us getting turned over by Swansea youth in the Pappa John's pizza trophy.
    Crickey, hadn’t thought about the Papa John Trophy. What a coo!

Shrewsbury away would be all I really look forward to, living down the road

I would be gutted and concerned about us getting back up but also concerned how close we would be to League 2.

There is also the other side of it in that Tan wants his investment, or as much of it back as possible if/when he sells. That is going to be even more unlikely with us kicking around in League 1 or worse.

It would seriously bother me as I think it'll be a disaster if/when it comes but I don't think you're on your own.

Which says a lot about where the club and the fans are at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If we went down I would look forward to a lot of aways that I've not done for a while. A lot of the Championship aways have become a bit samey. I enjoy aways more than home games, quite a bit more in fact.

The actual business side of it means that the fans should be arsed. God knows what will happen to the club, especially as we're under an embargo.
    Where does it end? League 2?
    That's my point, people are projecting the end of the world as we know it, and I'm genuinely not bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Could be and for the reasons people have posted about on another thread. Possible downward spiral: less income for wages, more difficulties in attracting new players, lower crowds, people stirring up apathy () and bad karma all round.
    None of it really bothers me though.

Why are others acting like the world is going to explode into a ball of fire, people seem to be really depressed and are letting the situation really get to them.

My main reason that it would be bad for me is that with our board and owners I don't buy into the relegation being a reset.

It would just be the same people making the same decisions at a lower level with less money coming into the club and therefore less leeway on those bad decisions.

Let's say for example we make a hash of the summer recruitment, and our hands are already tied on that, FFP restrictions would tighten even more, and we end up staring at possible relegation to League 2 this time next year. Would you put faith in the board here arresting the slide and pulling us in an upward trajectory?
    I certainly wouldn't.

For those mentioning a reset I'd be more convinced that it be likely we would end up bottom half next season than pushing for promotion.
    Disagree? Tell me why not. I would be interested in your reasoning.
    I know. You've said a few times already

That's not a dig at you, but people have read your opinion over and over mate.

Why are others acting like the world is going to explode into a ball of fire, people seem to be really depressed and are letting the situation really get to them.
    That's called passion or love for your club though surely.

People have varying levels of passion and love for the club.
    If this is high then yes it will affect them to a great degree. That's just logical. If you don't care if the club slips down the league too much then no you won't be that arsed.

This club is a big part of some people's lives. Currently it isn't very positive and relegation would compound that.

I know. You've said a few times already

That's not a dig at you, but people have read your opinion over and over mate.
    A few more will be saying it if we get relegated I'm sure.

The glass half full, Vinny is a great guy tactic certainly hasn't worked for many. Just putting heads in the sand from where I'm standing.

That's called passion or love for your club though surely.

People have varying levels of passion and love for the club.
    If this is high then yes it will affect them to a great degree. That's just logical. If you don't care if the club slips down the league too much then no you won't be that arsed.

This club is a big part of some people's lives. Currently it isn't very positive and relegation would compound that.
    I think a lot of it is age and a lot of it is what's going on in your life.

When you're a bit older, (dare I say it wiser), and have a lot going on, football and the club isn't as all-consuming as it was before.

I remember when that goal saturday would've got me down for a couple of weeks instead of a couple of hours.

A few more will be saying it if we get relegated I'm sure.

The glass half full, Vinny is a great guy tactic certainly hasn't worked for many. Just putting heads in the sand from where I'm standing.
    Like I said, not a dog at you. I think your opinion is well known.

Perhaps it's emotion, tied to the years you've spent as a struggling ccfc fan. But perhaps people don't need to read the same thing over multiple threads

Like I said, not a dog at you. I think your opinion is well known.

Perhaps it's emotion, tied to the years you've spent as a struggling ccfc fan. But perhaps people don't need to read the same thing over multiple threads
    Have what digs you like.

It is almost impossible to discuss relegation, recruitment and most things about the modern Cardiff City without discussing the elephant in the room for me.
    Some people can crack on slagging off one manager or another and ignoring the real problem. I won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I think a lot of it is age and a lot of it is what's going on in your life.

When you're a bit older, (dare I say it wiser), and have a lot going on, football and the club isn't as all-consuming as it was before.

I remember when that goal saturday would've got me down for a couple of weeks instead of a couple of hours.
    I care a lot less than I did.

Not sure how much of that is the new all singing, all dancing modern football world that we have.

Certainly seemed a lot more fun even at a lower level in the not too distant past.

Well, it's a football message board and promotion and relegation, wins, losses and draws - they're all an integral part of the competitive nature of league football. I doubt 1 City fan in 500 would say they 'couldn't be arsed'. Over 12,000 posts for someoene who couldn't 'be arsed'.

Have what digs you like.

It is almost impossible to discuss relegation, recruitment and most things about the modern Cardiff City without discussing the elephant in the room for me.
    Some people can crack on slagging off one manager or another and ignoring the real problem. I won't be.
    I understand that.

But sometimes you post almost word for word, the same thing over different threads. You don't have to, we've already read it, so maybe you don't have to repeat it on multiple threads turning them all the same way.

I understand that.

But sometimes you post almost word for word, the same thing over different threads. You don't have to, we've already read it, so maybe you don't have to repeat it on multiple threads turning them all the same way.
    Not at all.

I've explained here why relegation would be a nightmare.
    To a good owner and board it would be a wake up call. To ours it won't be. For that reason relegation will be seriously bad.

I'm discussing the subject and advising why I feel relegation will be bad.