+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one not arsed by the threat of relegation?

Re: Am I the only one not arsed by the threat of relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Not at all.

I've explained here why relegation would be a nightmare.
    To a good owner and board it would be a wake up call. To ours it won't be. For that reason relegation will be seriously bad.

I'm discussing the subject and advising why I feel relegation will be bad.
    We know.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We know.
    I know.

I care a lot less than I did.

Not sure how much of that is the new all singing, all dancing modern football world that we have.

Certainly seemed a lot more fun even at a lower level in the not too distant past.
    you probably have other priorities now
    That being said I think we look back at the lower leagues with rose tinted glasses though.
    It was shit

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    you probably have other priorities now
    That being said I think we look back at the lower leagues with rose tinted glasses though.
    It was shit
    It probably was but having now got to the promised land and had our arses handed to us in front of silent day trippers at most of the 'big' clubs it is clear that the journey was more fun than the pot of gold at the end of it.

The journey back is much worse.

It probably was but having now got to the promised land and had our arses handed to us in front of silent day trippers at most of the 'big' clubs it is clear that the journey was more fun than the pot of gold at the end of it.

The journey back is much worse.
    I don't disagree about the prem, but i'm happy to stay in the championship until someone with a bit more vision can take us up

I don't disagree about the prem, but i'm happy to stay in the championship until someone with a bit more vision can take us up
    Oh yes, relegation would be nothing less than a monumental catastrophe all round.

Like I said, not a dog at you. I think your opinion is well known.

Perhaps it's emotion, tied to the years you've spent as a struggling ccfc fan. But perhaps people don't need to read the same thing over multiple threads
    You weren't hounding him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You weren't hounding him at all.
    Good spot.

If we had a lot of young players around the team, and the possibility of a decent manager then Id be tempted to see a silver lining. Chance to reset, blood some youngsters and get a plan going.

Unfortunately we don't seem to have those things, so I think relegation could be disastrous as I can't see us getting promoted back anytime soon. Need to stay up and hope to get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    If we had a lot of young players around the team, and the possibility of a decent manager then Id be tempted to see a silver lining. Chance to reset, blood some youngsters and get a plan going.

Unfortunately we don't seem to have those things, so I think relegation could be disastrous as I can't see us getting promoted back anytime soon. Need to stay up and hope to get lucky
    I understand the dangers. I'm just genuinely not bothered.

Would be a disaster for the club but I’d still be there every home game

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Would be a disaster for the club but I’d still be there every home game
    Take the finances etc away from it, would you be bothered if we went down? Would you care if we played in league one? I don't even think we will go down. I'm rather calm about it all tbh.

Good spot.
    Please take it to blind Pugh.

Take the finances etc away from it, would you be bothered if we went down? Would you care if we played in league one? I don't even think we will go down. I'm rather calm about it all tbh.
    Not being difficult but you really can't separate whether you're ok with getting relegated from the finances.

Not being difficult but you really can't separate whether you're ok with getting relegated from the finances.
    Seems I have.

And having an opinion isn't being difficult

Seems I have.

And having an opinion isn't being difficult
    You've said to consider whether you would be bothered if we went down, regardless of finances,
    But going down and it not being a financial disaster isn't a possibility, so I don't know how you can really think of it like that
    It's like saying would you mind being dead if you were still breathing.

Selfishly, I’d get a few of my missing 92, back down to 81 (I think) following relegations. Prestige wise of course I want us to stay up, we also don’t have the skills to bounce straight back. Am I arsed, I guess so, a last day escape would be a mini boost. Sadly we’re only heading in one direction and it ain’t up

That's my point, people are projecting the end of the world as we know it, and I'm genuinely not bothered.
    Well… by my quick reckoning there are 11 people plus you who have contributed to this thread and there are maybe 30 regular posters on this board, so you’re hardly playing with statistically significant numbers. Surely not enough people to signify the potential end of the world 🤣🤣

Good spot.
    How did you guess his name? Dalmatian maybe

International

Not just of the opinion we won't go down, I really wouldn't be arsed if we did.
    It would be a disaster, win on Friday and it won't happen.

I would prefer to have an owner who is more ambitious, and that ambition is visible in his interactions, appointments and spending decisions. I worry that if we are relegated he'll see it as an opportunity to spend less each month supporting the club financially.
    From a fans point of view a season in League 1 will be a refreshing change. If we're there for 2, 3 or more years, and there's no ambition either, then the novelty will soon wear off.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I would prefer to have an owner who is more ambitious, and that ambition is visible in his interactions, appointments and spending decisions. I worry that if we are relegated he'll see it as an opportunity to spend less each month supporting the club financially.
    From a fans point of view a season in League 1 will be a refreshing change. If we're there for 2, 3 or more years, and there's no ambition either, then the novelty will soon wear off.
    We need to stay up then if Tan is to have any hope of selling the club, as he won't give it away cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Well… by my quick reckoning there are 11 people plus you who have contributed to this thread and there are maybe 30 regular posters on this board, so you’re hardly playing with statistically significant numbers. Surely not enough people to signify the potential end of the world 🤣🤣
    You're itching for some sort of back and forth. You failed on the other thread,and you're here with **** all to say again.

You're about 60.

Chasing banter.

Crikey.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How did you guess his name? Dalmatian maybe
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spot_(franchise)

You've said to consider whether you would be bothered if we went down, regardless of finances,
    But going down and it not being a financial disaster isn't a possibility, so I don't know how you can really think of it like that
    It's like saying would you mind being dead if you were still breathing.
    Yes, because Underhill and others keep mentioning financial ruin.

My original post didn't.

Hence asking people not to consider finances.

This board is the ring as **** at times, I can't be arsed.