+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one not arsed by the threat of relegation?

Re: Am I the only one not arsed by the threat of relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not just of the opinion we won't go down, I really wouldn't be arsed if we did.
    I'm of the opinion that most footie fans don't give a fig if their team gets promoted or demoted. They can't be arsed if it goes tits up for their club as they can always start threads on the fan forum, and that's what they most care about

Yes, because Underhill and others keep mentioning financial ruin.

My original post didn't.

Hence asking people not to consider finances.

This board is the ring as **** at times, I can't be arsed.
    Woah there laddy. I only mentioned it in passing haha

My original post didn't.

Such a positive outlook.

For somebody with such an air of positivity you don't half end up in a few arguments on here.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Woah there laddy. I only mentioned it in passing haha

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Such a positive outlook.

For somebody with such an air of positivity you don't half end up in a few arguments on here.
    So what you are saying is me saying I can't be arsed is getting in an argument?

That's nice to know.

So what you are saying is me saying I can't be arsed is getting in an argument?

That's nice to know.
    Don't be argumentative.

Positive outlook and all that.

Are you real Demb - it would be f'ing disaster

My original post didn't.

So what you’re saying is would people be that bothered if city got relegated and just played in a lower league against different teams every week, with no other negatives other than perhaps the quality of football to consider from the relegation.

I’d still be gutted, but not as much so in that scenario

Don't be argumentative.

Positive outlook and all that.
    So what you are saying is I shouldn't argue, and be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    So what you’re saying is would people be that bothered if city got relegated and just played in a lower league against different teams every week, with no other negatives other than perhaps the quality of football to consider from the relegation.

I’d still be gutted, but not as much so in that scenario
    Yes.

You're itching for some sort of back and forth. You failed on the other thread,and you're here with **** all to say again.

You're about 60.

Chasing banter.

Crikey.
    Just pointing out the stupidity of the post really. As I’m writing I’m admonishing myself for even engaging so you can at least be pleased with that (but I promise not to do so again 😜)

As someone else pointed out you’ve made 12,000 posts… I’d think that points rather more to someone who really has nothing to say or has much too much time to spare

As you were.

No, because I think we'll go down sooner or later. I'm not someone who has the opinion that, if we can survive this season, we can build on that survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No, because I think we'll go down sooner or later. I'm not someone who has the opinion that, if we can survive this season, we can build on that survival.
    And that's it. Being relegated isn't just about a poor playing squad, it's much deeper than that, it's cultural, it's a habit that isn't easy to shake off. This is a poorly run club, a poorly run club even in the good times, there was never a feeling of sustainability or a plan in place, it's been a complete reaction under Tan, and it's finally catching up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Just pointing out the stupidity of the post really. As I’m writing I’m admonishing myself for even engaging so you can at least be pleased with that (but I promise not to do so again 😜)

As someone else pointed out you’ve made 12,000 posts… I’d think that points rather more to someone who really has nothing to say or has much too much time to spare

As you were.
    So what you are saying is you wasted your own time by choice.

I'm not sure what we can do next year if we stay up. Sabri seems alright.

I'm not sure what we can do next year if we stay up. Sabri seems alright.
    We need goals. Unless we get lucky, we won't have any money to recruit someone to score goals for us.

Tan isn't someone who thinks you need to spend lots on strikers, either.

We need goals. Unless we get lucky, we won't have any money to recruit someone to score goals for us.

Tan isn't someone who thinks you need to spend lots on strikers, either.
    We need to get lucky. The longer we stay up, the more chances we have to get lucky, and if the club have competent people in the relevant roles, you’ll further improve your chances of hitting the jackpot. If we stay up this year, we are one season closer to getting rid of half the rubbish that was signed in the summer. Obviously, this could mean we sign even more. We lack creativity and goals. We will need 5/6 new first teamers at a minimum.

If we go down, and I’m pretty sure we will at some point under Tan, I really worry about the future of the football club.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We need to get lucky. The longer we stay up, the more chances we have to get lucky, and if the club have competent people in the relevant roles, you’ll further improve your chances of hitting the jackpot. If we stay up this year, we are one season closer to getting rid of half the rubbish that was signed in the summer. Obviously, this could mean we sign even more. We lack creativity and goals. We will need 5/6 new first teamers at a minimum.

If we go down, and I’m pretty sure we will at some point under Tan, I really worry about the future of the football club.
    Who would you let go in the summer?

Also, with us working in the free market what sort of players would you look to bring in?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We need to get lucky. The longer we stay up, the more chances we have to get lucky,
    Up until this point, your post was Tan's mantra for running the club since arriving

Who would you let go in the summer?

Also, with us working in the free market what sort of players would you look to bring in?
    Given our plight I'd hold on to as many as we can, at least until we have a suitable replacement. Needs must etc.

We all know the players have the power in modern football though. Sulk around like Moore did and down tools and you'll be gone in no time.

Given our plight I'd hold on to as many as we can, at least until we have a suitable replacement. Needs must etc.

We all know the players have the power in modern football though. Sulk around like Moore did and down tools and you'll be gone in no time.
    I'd rather have kids on the bench than fodder like Simpson though

I'd rather have kids on the bench than fodder like Simpson though
    If the kids are good enough then I'm with you.

A lot of our kids are poached and the jury is still out on many of them that are left.

Half the battle with signings like Simpson is realising they're crap before you've given them a deal for a few years at the club.

If the kids are good enough then I'm with you.

A lot of our kids are poached and the jury is still out on many of them that are left.

Half the battle with signings like Simpson is realising they're crap before you've given them a deal for a few years at the club.
    I was one that fell for the hype Morison out around him. I'd much rather see Denham on the bench.

How long was his deal? Same with players like vontae Campbell, no offence but he's not had a sniff, could we have brought them in on short deals, year with an option of another year..god knows I don't run a football club it's not my thing..I do manual labour 😂

If anybody believes that we would be a better team in the lower division then they are deluded.
    We have had two seasons of radical change with the hope rather than realistic expectation that this squad would do better than skirt with relegation this season. Clearly that expectation is now proven to be unrealistic.
    We will be back to square one next season whatever division we are in.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    If anybody believes that we would be a better team in the lower division then they are deluded.
    We have had two seasons of radical change with the hope rather than realistic expectation that this squad would do better than skirt with relegation this season. Clearly that expectation is now proven to be unrealistic.
    We will be back to square one next season whatever division we are in.
    Where does my post say we would be a better team?

Doesn't it just say I wouldn't be bothered if we were relegated?