+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robinson out for season?

Robinson out for season?

Looks that way
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65201336

Would things have been different if he had come off when injured v Reading?

Re: Robinson out for season?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Looks that way
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65201336

Would things have been different if he had come off when injured v Reading?
    I’ve posted this in several threads previously. He’s had an operation.

Etete out tomorrow, may be fit for Monday, O’Dowda struggling to make it, but no mention of Ng in that story.

Lamouchi said Ng trained yesterday and today. But he didn’t sound 100% confident he will be ready for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Lamouchi said Ng trained yesterday and today. But he didn’t sound 100% confident he will be ready for tomorrow.
    Thanks Jon, do we play Simpson I wonder if Ng doesn’t make it? Taking him off at halftime in the midweek under 21s match suggests we will.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks Jon, do we play Simpson I wonder if Ng doesn’t make it? Taking him off at halftime in the midweek under 21s match suggests we will.
    Simpson has to be in front of Denham based on match fitness and match time this season. Unfortunately.

If it is Simpson I hope it is not another run out as a LB (if O'Dowda doesn't make it). Does Bagan get a start if that happens? He is better/safer as a wing back than a LB in a four. The other LB option is Ralls. But both Ralls and Simpson give me sinking feeling now.

If Ng and O'Dowda are both out I hope Lamouchi still sticks with a back three and wing backs - with Wintle and Sawyers in the middle, and Colwill and Philogene behind Saba.

Blackpool have to come at us - they have to win. But that shouldn't mean we go all defensive (please no Ralls, Rino, Wintle combo in the middle)!

Simpson has to be in front of Denham based on match fitness and match time this season. Unfortunately.

If it is Simpson I hope it is not another run out as a LB (if O'Dowda doesn't make it). Does Bagan get a start if that happens? He is better/safer as a wing back than a LB in a four. The other LB option is Ralls. But both Ralls and Simpson give me sinking feeling now.

If Ng and O'Dowda are both out I hope Lamouchi still sticks with a back three and wing backs - with Wintle and Sawyers in the middle, and Colwill and Philogene behind Saba.

Blackpool have to come at us - they have to win. But that shouldn't mean we go all defensive (please no Ralls, Rino, Wintle combo in the middle)!
    Think it’ll be Ralls if there is a vacancy at left back/left wing back - I agree about a back three, but hope Ng is alright. Think Romeo will play as well. You’d have thought Ojo played himself out of starting contention last weekend, but, based onTuesday’s game, I might go for Isaak Davies rather than Colwill.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think it’ll be Ralls if there is a vacancy at left back/left wing back - I agree about a back three, but hope Ng is alright. Think Romeo will play as well. You’d have thought Ojo played himself out of starting contention last weekend, but, based onTuesday’s game, I might go for Isaak Davies rather than Colwill.
    You are probably right about Ralls - Lamouchi probably sees him as a safer bet than Bagan but Ralls he has really gone off the boil and Bagan looks to be recovering some of his confidence iand touch n the u21s.

A breakthrough moment will be when/if Colwill and Davies look better as starters than as second half impact subs.

'Saba' is of course a typo!

Oh, gosh. The Blackpool match has 0-0 written all over it.

I want to say a lot, but all I'll say for now is have a look any replay you can find of Swansea's second goal last Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I want to say a lot, but all I'll say for now is have a look any replay you can find of Swansea's second goal last Saturday.
    I have, quite a few times.
    I was almost in line with the wide player who received the through ball.
    Offside all day long

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Offside all day long

Your eyesight must be even worse than mine.

Freeze this at 1:09. And good luck with your offside call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hpe...SwanseaCityAFC

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I have, quite a few times.
    I was almost in line with the wide player who received the through ball.
    Offside all day long
    Can you be our lino every week? We’d never concede a goal

Ng is 5 yards behind the others. Piroe is miles onside

Just watched the extended highlights, they were quite an education. They clearly show that Piroe was about a yard onside for the second goal because Ng chose to stay with Cullen, rather than push up with the rest of the defence (the commentators were right mind when they said City were playing with too high a line in the first half). Swansea's first one was even more of a shambles than I thought it was at the time, there were reports about it being a quick throw in, it wasn't anything of the sort, City were caught cold, like they always are lately when Swansea come here, the highlights show that our defending throughout the game was well below the standards we've set this season.

Philogene's goal was greeted by the obligatory "game on" in the commentary box - it should have been game on from the first kick, but, despite the fact that we have a different manager every time we play the jacks these days, no matter who's in charge, we always start the game poorly. Finally, the constant references to how long there was to go after we'd made it 2-2 are very revealing - it betrayed a feeling on and off the pitch that a draw was good enough in the eyes of the City camp (I was as guilty of this as anyone because as soon as we equalised, I thought "blow the whistle for full time ref") - Swansea saw it as being fifteen minutes to still win the game, we saw it as fifteen minutes to be survived with our goal intact despite the fact that the momentum should have been with us, therein lies an important reason why the fixture has become so one sided lately.

Finally, despite his culpability with the second goal last Saturday, I'd still start with Ng in a back three today if he's fit.

There’s a video of the whole game on YouTube. I watched some elements of it yesterday. Some observations:

The collective defending for the first goal was dreadful.

Ng’s defending for the second goal was awful. Not only did he play Piroe onside, but he paid no attention to his man Cullen until it was too late. He then immediately proceeded to berate McGuinness, who had not been at fault.

After City had equalised, not a single Bluebirds player touched the ball inside the Swansea penalty area for the remainder of the game.

Ng went down injured pretty much bang on 90 minutes. It was another 3 minutes and 20 seconds before play restarted.

After Philogene had put the ball into touch deep into stoppage time, the entire City side simply stood still and watched the Jacks take the throw to Grimes, who was given loads of space to do what he liked.

Allsop’s reactions to the free kick and the subsequent rebound off the post were ponderous at best, and the same can be said for the rest of the side.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There’s a video of the whole game on YouTube. I watched some elements of it yesterday. Some observations:

The collective defending for the first goal was dreadful.

Ng’s defending for the second goal was awful. Not only did he play Piroe onside, but he paid no attention to his man Cullen until it was too late. He then immediately proceeded to berate McGuinness, who had not been at fault.

After City had equalised, not a single Bluebirds player touched the ball inside the Swansea penalty area for the remainder of the game.

Ng went down injured pretty much bang on 90 minutes. It was another 3 minutes and 20 seconds before play restarted.

After Philogene had put the ball into touch deep into stoppage time, the entire City side simply stood still and watched the Jacks take the throw to Grimes, who was given loads of space to do what he liked.

Allsop’s reactions to the free kick and the subsequent rebound off the post were ponderous at best, and the same can be said for the rest of the side.
    I dont disagree but our reserve CB is Simpson.

Ng or Simpson? Its a no brainer really.

If we are playing 3 CBs and Ng is out id even prefer Bagan on the left side of a back 3 to Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont disagree but our reserve CB is Simpson.

Ng or Simpson? Its a no brainer really.
    Oh, I agree. As much as I don’t like Ng, he has to play if fit. But watching the replays of last week’s game confirmed my initial thoughts - it appeared that Ng’s injury was muscular rather the contact by Piroe. I think he over-stretched or it was severe cramp or something similar.

If he does play today it’ll be interesting to see how long he lasts. I hope it’s not another situation like O’Dowda’s last week where he’s not really ready but gets selected anyway.