+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labour attack ad

Labour attack ad

There are a few members of here, I think. FYI, this kind of thing makes me want to vote for them less. Gutter politics this is and not needed at all

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65211469

Re: Labour attack ad

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    There are a few members of here, I think. FYI, this kind of thing makes me want to vote for them less. Gutter politics this is and not needed at all

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65211469
    If John McDonnell and John Nicholson criticize an ad attacking the Tories, surely the Labour hierarchy can see that they have got this badly wrong?

I don't read a lot of the news, mainly because it's all sensationalised bollocks and crap like this.

I've voted once in my life, for labour.

I won't vote for anyone again in a hurry, this kind of stuff is pathetic. Same as across the pond.

Awful stuff. Looks like some bits of the campaign team have been watching too many US attack ads. Got the backlash it deserves.

Though the idea that something got you wavering on your voting intentions did make me chuckle.

It's pathetic and has been rightly criticised from all sides.

We don't want to see this ugly nonsense brought into UK politics. Labour should be ashamed and should immediately recant.

Labour have seemed determined to hand back their poll lead in recent weeks, the genius who came up with that ad should be fired - Starmer’s playing God far too much for my liking as well.

I hate this advert and I'm disgusted with what's become of Labour, it's extremely unlikely they'll get my vote.

The Labour Party shooting themselves in the foot yet again

They are completely incompetent and always have been

Starmer is indeed seemingly determined to blow a huge lead

I squirmed at the labour party representative on the BBC today failing to condemn the ad which will just turn off floating voters

I would like to see the labour and liberal parties merge to form a left of centre alternative to the Tories

I think both are finished and have too much history to regularly defeat the conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Labour have seemed determined to hand back their poll lead in recent weeks, the genius who came up with that ad should be fired - Starmer’s playing God far too much for my liking as well.
    Get rid of starmer

A bizarre gardening accident

Anything

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Get rid of starmer

A bizarre gardening accident

Anything
    Hoe, hoe, hoe.

I’m no fan of this type of thing but some would argue it’s more accurate than Bojos Jimmy saville comments in parliament.

Maybe don’t hate the game but hate those who set the bar of the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Hoe, hoe, hoe.
    Witty

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I’m no fan of this type of thing but some would argue it’s more accurate than Bojos Jimmy saville comments in parliament.

Maybe don’t hate the game but hate those who set the bar of the rules
    Oh indeed the Tories have lots of form for this sort of sewer politics

But labour have got to be above this

It wax embarrassing seeing Lucy Powell on the TV today

If it's true, what's the problem?

Oh indeed the Tories have lots of form for this sort of sewer politics

But labour have got to be above this

It wax embarrassing seeing Lucy Powell on the TV today
    I don’t like it but don’t really know if they can avoid it entirely.

When you’ve got this particular group who will lie their way out of anything. They’re gearing up to fight the next election saying that labour have an open door immigration policy and that they don’t know whether someone with a penis is a man. Neither of which are true but give them this sort of sloganeering rubbish. And it sticks with the average person who isn’t interested in politics and gets their news from Facebook

I don’t like it as I said, but the sort of thing thrown at labour towards an election will get worse and they’ll need to counter it somehow.

Although James will say he’s offering balance here, to jump on this as ‘gutter politics’ after defending the indefensible continuously raises an eyebrow to say the least

Starmer and Rayner's decision to resign if they were charged over the Beergate was exactly the right one in the face of the campaign against them by the Daily Mail in particular and the right wing press in general. It also contrasted nicely with Johnson's attitude towards his fine for being held to have broken his own rules. Labour put themselves on the high moral ground there, this puts them down in the sewer with the Tories - as John McDonnell said, Labour should be better than that.

The attack ad is crass, totally hypocritical and an embarrassment.

The attempts to defend it are painful.

Massive and stupid own goal.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The attack ad is crass, totally hypocritical and an embarrassment.

The attempts to defend it are painful.

Massive and stupid own goal.
    Starmer needs to crush it now and do it publicly

The ad doesn't bother me, zero sympathy for anybody with a light touch to perverts, the delivery of the ad isn't well managed, Labour are slowly but positively delivering a massive poll lead into another 4 years of opposition, it was in the bag, they did not have to go down this path and could have just left Rishi & Co continue to destroy themselves.

The Labour Party shooting themselves in the foot yet again

They are completely incompetent and always have been

Starmer is indeed seemingly determined to blow a huge lead

I squirmed at the labour party representative on the BBC today failing to condemn the ad which will just turn off floating voters

I would like to see the labour and liberal parties merge to form a left of centre alternative to the Tories

I think both are finished and have too much history to regularly defeat the conservatives
    How could labour and the libs merge? And it would be a right wing party, as is Labour and the libs right now. Left of Centre, behave yourself, Labour aren't even that at the moment. As for the thing on Sunak, absolutely disgusting stuff, Labour attempting Populism, in the ****ing gutter.

The fall out continues following the idiotic and offensive ad.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-ad-in-advance

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How could labour and the libs merge? And it would be a right wing party, as is Labour and the libs right now. Left of Centre, behave yourself, Labour aren't even that at the moment. As for the thing on Sunak, absolutely disgusting stuff, Labour attempting Populism, in the ****ing gutter.
    Left of centre is what will get rid of the Tories

Corbyn left will leave the Tories in power for eternity

Bollocks to that

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The fall out continues following the idiotic and offensive ad.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-ad-in-advance
    Absolute clowns the Labour party

Who sanctioned this stupid and damaging ad ?

Starmer defends the ad in today's Daily Mail - more of them to come apparently.