+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labour attack ad

Re: Labour attack ad

There was a choice of retract or double down.

Double down it is.

Despite the luke warm attempt by Yvette Cooper and a few others to distance themselves from the ads, most of the Shadow Cabinet have been happily re-tweeting them.

Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There was a choice of retract or double down.

Double down it is.

Despite the luke warm attempt by Yvette Cooper and a few others to distance themselves from the ads, most of the Shadow Cabinet have been happily re-tweeting them.

Pathetic!
    I agree, but I’ve noticed it’s mainly lefties on here who are disgusted by it, I find it depressing, but could it be that the ad is having no impact, or even a positive one, on the majority of voters?

Apparently, the coming adverts are going to blame Sunak for the economy and tax rises. To me, that’s not as bad as this one - Sunak wasn’t even an MP for the first five years Labour are blaming him for.

The problem Starmer has now is that if you live by the sword you die by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The problem Starmer has now is that if you live by the sword you die by it.
    Not sure sword is the right term.

More like if you live by the shit shovel you die by it.

Starmer has released his inner BoJo.

It was only a year ago Starmer was complaining that the Tories under Johnson (the Savile slander etc) were dragging UK politics into the gutter. This was followed by the Organ Morgan mob repeating the Savile slur on their tiny demonstrations.

The most depressing part of this episode is (as TOBW suggested) it will probably work. Trumpism on steroids.

More than anything I just don't think Labour need to stoop to this level. At least 15% up in the polls, it isn't necessary.

I do appreciate that generally speaking the Tories are seen (rightly or wrongly) as tougher on crime, but this isn't the way for Labour to demonstrate their capabilities and I don't think people believe them.

My initial response was 'you bastards, poor Rishi'. Which is ridiculous because he is the PM and its valid to criticize him but it needs to be fair or else you just build sympathy for the person being attacked and it feels all a bit like bullying. It felt like an unfair personal attack that I didn't believe in any case. Maybe this stuff would work on Boris Johnson but I don't think it does here.

Lucy Powell , Yvette Cooper , Raynor , Starmer , Emily Thornberry

Get rid of them , all absolutely wet and incompetent

Starmer is a shithouse

He had the opportunity today to Bury this mistake

But he and thornberry are defending it

I give up with him , he's hopeless

Interesting poll which shows a negative reaction to Labour’s ad, yet their lead has gone up three points this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...unak-attack-ad

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    There are a few members of here, I think. FYI, this kind of thing makes me want to vote for them less. Gutter politics this is and not needed at all

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65211469
    The hypocrisy is bewildering Sir Keir /Bier and other lambasted BorIs for his know antics / jibes ,especially around the Saville /Sir Keir involvement , all they have done is copy from that playbook to suggest the same of the current PM ??

My gut feeling this is a test to see if they can win big in the council elections with these tactics , if it backfires they will step back for the media campaign for the General Election , looks like Yvette Cooper's lukewarm response is going to be end of her and Wes of the Street is hovering .

If this backfires Sir Kier is toast and in comes Corbyn and the old gang , bit like a reunion tour for the elderly wonder if they will have a greatest hits released .

Labour has always had at is core a nasty brigade,we just dont get to see em until the attack dogs are unleashed .

Shalom.

Sad ,very sad .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The hypocrisy is bewildering Sir Keir /Bier and other lambasted BorIs for his know antics / jibes ,especially around the Saville /Sir Keir involvement , all they have done is copy from that playbook to suggest the same of the current PM ??

My gut feeling this is a test to see if they can win big in the council elections with these tactics , if it backfires they will step back for the media campaign for the General Election , looks like Yvette Cooper's lukewarm response is going to be end of her and Wes of the Street is hovering .

If this backfires Sir Kier is toast and in comes Corbyn and the old gang , bit like a reunion tour for the elderly wonder if they will have a greatest hits released .

Labour has always had at is core a nasty brigade,we just dont get to see em until the attack dogs are unleashed .

Shalom.

Sad ,very sad .
    A thread that gives you the chance to have a go at Labour and you completely missed it first time around - you need to up your game.