+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Ralls left wing back

Joe Ralls left wing back

The more I see him in midfield the more I think his days are numbered even though I’ve always been a big fan.

I only seen the second half today but second game I’ve seen him at left wingback. Seen him at left back a few times and thought he was solid but didn’t think he had enough to be a wingback but he’s impressed me both times.

I think he may end up being a squad player but I prefer him at wingback than midfield at the moment.

Re: Joe Ralls left wing back

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    The more I see him in midfield the more I think his days are numbered even though I’ve always been a big fan.

I only seen the second half today but second game I’ve seen him at left wingback. Seen him at left back a few times and thought he was solid but didn’t think he had enough to be a wingback but he’s impressed me both times.

I think he may end up being a squad player but I prefer him at wingback than midfield at the moment.
    What sort of message is it sending out to our younger left wingbacks that we have to use an older ex midfielder. He had a Good game today but surely we have someone who can do a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    What sort of message is it sending out to our younger left wingbacks that we have to use an older ex midfielder. He had a Good game today but surely we have someone who can do a better job.
    He’s been great, couldn’t disagree more. If the youngsters are good enough fine but not seen anything to suggest they are up to playing left wingback.

If you’re referring to Bagan I’d say do more in the U21s, other than a free kick he’s looked very average.

we just won away 3-1, we were 3 - 0 up after 35 minutes

He was fine today , the way to kill off players is to nit pick on things, he'll know when it's time to shift position

rest easy we got 3 points and everyone came home

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    That the club captain will play out of position, without fuss and do a very good job shows professionalism and is a good example to our younger players.

Also, who can do a better job? I’m not sure I’d want Bagan defending against Bowler

I thought he did very well yesterday, best I’ve seen him play for a while. He’s not a long term solution but if he continues to play like that for the remainder of the season I’ll be happy.

I've bashed him plenty.

But he did well yesterday.

He’s not spectacular, he’s not the most skilful and he gets it wrong occasionally but he’s City through & through. Effort, commitment and gives it all he has. Every club needs at least one Joe Ralls.

He’ll play where he’s asked to and give it 100%. He was excellent yesterday