+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    Hopeless in many areas, clueless in others. We would not have scored if we had still be playing now. One shot went for a throw in after all! I feel we will stay up thanks to points deductions and other teams incompetence, BUT with two more restricted transfer windows what sort of squad will start next season irrespective of which division we are in.

Our better loan players will go back to their clubs and certainly won't sign for us on frees.

23 / 24 looks bleak and my opinion and the manager is still out - his record is poor.
    It has to be said that the first 30 minutes was utterly shambolic, from the team selection, to the formation, and the performance, culminating in the early substitutions. Lamouchi got it very wrong today and the team looked unprepared and disjointed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Callum Robinson had never been sent off in his career before the game at Swansea - his actions were completely out of character.
    That wasn't showing character though was it.

That was just stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    It has to be said that the first 30 minutes was utterly shambolic, from the team selection, to the formation, and the performance, culminating in the early substitutions. Lamouchi got it very wrong today and the team looked unprepared and disjointed.
    I think the management was shambolic for the entire 90 plus injury time. I really dont think they had a clue what they were doing.

However much quality we lack at least set us up with some sort of organisation.

It really was pathetic today.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    That wasn't showing character though was it.

That was just stupidity.
    It was out of character, doing something he’d never done before. Sawyers has been a very good Championship midfielder and through his career has played with character and bravery - he’s like Steve McPhail whose name has been mentioned in this thread in that he wanted to get on the ball and play even when things were not going well for his team, that takes character and bravery in my book.That said, he’s struggling again lately after doing well when Lamouchi first came here.

You won’t get an argument from me about Ojo though, I’m afraid I’ve given up on him after our last two home games.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    I was looking for a quick summary and you have provided it. Awful from the manager down. A key home game and they looked like all their work was done on Friday. No hint of any desire to win the game and they were forced into upping their game after the inevitable goal.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    You've just said that two of our starting three central midfielders don't have desire in their make up but it isn't an issue.

I think in an area where it is most needed I'd say it is a big issue.

We'll agree to disagree.
    Depends why they were brought in to the club and what characteristics were identified as being needed by Morison. Plenty of our fans could never work out why whitts didn't throw himself into tackles, it wasn't part of his game. I'm not comparing whitts ability with either sawyers or ojo, but the point I'm making stands. Anyway, enjoy your evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Depends why they were brought in to the club and what characteristics were identified as being needed by Morison. Plenty of our fans could never work out why whitts didn't throw himself into tackles, it wasn't part of his game. I'm not comparing whitts ability with either sawyers or ojo, but the point I'm making stands. Anyway, enjoy your evening.
    Are you sure you're not comparing Whitts with anything we have now? It certainly sounds like it.

I am not talking about past teams or players I am talking about the team. The one that started today. The one that hasn't shown up a fair few times this season.

I think we need desire in the middle. Not two lads plodding about like it is a friendly.

In my opinion it was a massive mistake bringing Ojo back. I'd be happy if that was the last game we see him play.

Agreed we haven't got enough of the overall quality to compete with most in the division but I think Lamouchi shot himself in the foot today by not starting Ralls and taking Philogene off too early.

With a different starting line up and a bit more organisation and motivation from the manager we might have at least got a point today. This wasn't one of Lamouchi's better games.

If Ojo and Wickham never play for us again I'd be delighted

What a weak and pathetic squad we have

Sabri showed today though he certainly isn't the messiah

However when very few or any of our players would get in other squads in this division he's clearly limited by what he can do

2 wins will do it but we are just as likely to screw it up

Bunch of shithouses

We are poor, but we aren't getting screwed, we weren't today, and had enough of the ball to do something positive with it, Sunderland were better in midfield in terms of stretching the play a bit and controlling the ball, but they weren't great either. The goal we conceded was awful all round, Ng getting too square on, and the wall braking up, and Alsops hand not being strong enough, but the rub for me is that there was no quality from us, not an ounce, not one player had the ability to do something even close to special in order to get that vital goal, it just wasn't there. Hopeful punts, stretched shots, no movement around the box and no creativity in midfield. Someone has to come up with the goods in a game like today, just for a few seconds, and it would have made all the difference.
    We have needed a Barry Bannan or an Alex Pritchard for several seasons. Lamouchi plays Sawyers for that reason but he is not a busy player. Either of those 2 or Chair from QPR run every game against us.

Very poor today, deserved and got nothing, and I am an optimist. Nothing good to see.

Hopefully Birmingham get a points deduction...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was out of character, doing something he’d never done before. Sawyers has been a very good Championship midfielder and through his career has played with character and bravery - he’s like Steve McPhail whose name has been mentioned in this thread in that he wanted to get on the ball and play even when things were not going well for his team, that takes character and bravery in my book.That said, he’s struggling again lately after doing well when Lamouchi first came here.

You won’t get an argument from me about Ojo though, I’m afraid I’ve given up on him after our last two home games.
    Good post Bob.

Have a look at Lamouchi's post match comments.

He certainly feels we need more character.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Hopefully Birmingham get a points deduction...

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    did ng just hit the side net from a corner...
    Fair play on him, he did practice that exact same corner routine just before the players leave the pitch after the pre-match warm up.

It takes a special bit of skill and technique to recreate the exact same result during the pressure of a match in progress.

As the game progressed, the remarks you make were my thoughts exactly. And regarding the non-corner taker… I said to my Grandson that it looks like they were waiting for Joe Ralls to take it (obviously he was sat on the bench at the time).
    Last edited by KingOfSiamIAm; 10-04-23 at 18:40. Reason: I meant to reply to this message by Hilts:

I would like to know what tactics the management employed today. What was the game plan? What ever it was it was a complete and utter disaster. Biggest load of crap I've witnessed since the Jack game.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    As the game progressed, the remarks you make were my thoughts exactly. And regarding the non-corner taker… I said to my Grandson that it looks like they were waiting for Joe Ralls to take it (obviously he was sat on the bench at the time).
    Thought Ralls was good when he came on today, certainly added urgency and took on responsibility, something that was lacking for much of the game

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    We have needed a Barry Bannan or an Alex Pritchard for several seasons. Lamouchi plays Sawyers for that reason but he is not a busy player. Either of those 2 or Chair from QPR run every game against us.

Very poor today, deserved and got nothing, and I am an optimist. Nothing good to see.

You are right. I have noticed that too: those sorts of players always do well against us :-(
    Last edited by Bobby Dandruff; 10-04-23 at 19:37. Reason: Spelling

Ojo is shite, end of thread

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ojo is shite, end of thread
    TIT, I will have to agree. I have given him the benefit of the doubt but he’s poor. Sadly for us he’s not the only one by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    I would like to know what tactics the management employed today. What was the game plan? What ever it was it was a complete and utter disaster. Biggest load of crap I've witnessed since the Jack game.
    That was a week ago.

Fine, that's your shout. I don't agree with you. The work rate is there, the willingness is there, the quality and ability isn't unfortunately.
    I agree. We tried to win a game with Ralls, Rino and Wintle in the middle. The first two can’t pass, and Wintle isn’t going to open sides up. They’re all trying, they’re just not up to it.

That being said, it was so odd to see him go away from the Blackpool side. Just doesn’t make sense. It is even more curious he brought on Simpson over Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I agree. We tried to win a game with Ralls, Rino and Wintle in the middle. The first two can’t pass, and Wintle isn’t going to open sides up. They’re all trying, they’re just not up to it.

That being said, it was so odd to see him go away from the Blackpool side. Just doesn’t make sense. It is even more curious he brought on Simpson over Ralls.
    Ralls had a fitness issue according to his post match conference.