+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Thought Ralls was good when he came on today, certainly added urgency and took on responsibility, something that was lacking for much of the game
    Ralls played well, was direct and wanted to go forward, something we lacked massively in the 1st 1/2

Issac was the same, always looking to go forward and try and get the ball in the box

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Ralls had a fitness issue according to his post match conference.
    Ralls was not great today IMO and did not look that fit to be honest, even though he helped steady the ship when he came on during the second half.

The first half performance was nothing short of dire and the goal in the second half was a soft one to give away. It was highly reminiscent of the free-kick we gave to the Jacks in our last home game.

While no-one can deny we have an unbelievably poor group of players in the squad, Lamouchi is doing nothing to inspire confidence by constantly tinkering with the formation and not allowing the group to play together consistently. Bringing Ojo back was definitely a massive mistake as was the strange formation he used during the first part of the match which clearly didn't work. Taking Philogene off was another error has he is one of the few that can actually create chances

Sunderland had nearly 74% possession during the first half compared to our measly 26%.

I am personally not convinced Lamouchi is the one to save us - his record speaks for itself. I am not a great fan of Warnock either, but he has really turned things around at Huddersfield and got them playing for him.

Unless Lamouchi pulls off a miracle and manages to get us 7-8 points from the last few games I fear the worst. If this is the case, I would hope that those in senior management take a long hard look at themselves and fall on their swords (including Dalman, & Choo) as we need a root and branch change. We also need a MASSIVE clearout of dead wood this summer and rebuild the squad.

Just seen the goal. Allsop couldn't have fcked up any more if he tried. My granny would have got across sooner than he did. Once he did, it was the feeblest of hands.

Bring back Dimi Konstopolous.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just seen the goal. Allsop couldn't have fcked up any more if he tried. My granny would have got across sooner than he did. Once he did, it was the feeblest of hands.
    Those in the wall didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Those in the wall didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory either.
    I havent seen the replay but if Bobs report is correct and we were showing him the inside of the post then he has to take some responsibility for lining it up as well.

Is Alnwick that bad that he cant be considered a better option.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I havent seen the replay but if Bobs report is correct and we were showing him the inside of the post then he has to take some responsibility for lining it up as well.
    I watched the replays this morning. The ball went right through the wall between Kipre and McGuinness. Terrible defending once more.

I watched the replays this morning. The ball went right through the wall between Kipre and McGuinness. Terrible defending once more.
    the keeper still should have done better with it, yes there's more than an element of bad luck with it as the ball could have gone anywhere off the post and it happened to fall to the only Sunderland player who had followed it in, but we didn't deserve any more from the game.

it does feel as though we've been getting more than our fair share of unlucky bounces and deflections this season, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that we weren't good enough.

props to the manager though for making bold changes early, that did appear to change things. Mick would have waited for the 70th minute to bring a sub on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the keeper still should have done better with it
    Certainly, and I'm no fan of Allsop to put it mildly, but if the wall had done its job the ball would never have reached the keeper.

Certainly, and I'm no fan of Allsop to put it mildly, but if the wall had done its job the ball would never have reached the keeper.
    If the defenders did their jobs for 90 minutes the ball would never reach the keeper.

When called upon he's there to stop the ball going in the net. He failed. Again. He's useless.

Dillon Phillips was quite highly rated before he came to us, and Allsop had a pretty good season for Derby iirc.
    what are we doing to make these keepers worse consistently?

Cheers ive only seen it live.

I’d only seen it once when I said it went around the side of the wall, but, having looked at it three or four more times, it’s more thatMcGuinness turns outwards and the ball goes through the gap he created - still not sure about the lining up of the wall, but it was more down to McGuinness than Allsop.

Dillon Phillips was quite highly rated before he came to us, and Allsop had a pretty good season for Derby iirc.
    what are we doing to make these keepers worse consistently?
    Is Peter Enckleman in charge of Goalkeeper coaching here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Is Peter Enckleman in charge of Goalkeeper coaching here?
    Sunderland had a makeshift back three to make matters worse

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d only seen it once when I said it went around the side of the wall, but, having looked at it three or four more times, it’s more thatMcGuinness turns outwards and the ball goes through the gap he created - still not sure about the lining up of the wall, but it was more down to McGuinness than Allsop.
    Bad all round. Ng got square on, his feet were rooted for the foul. The wall was abysmal, and the keeper let himself down, although to throw Alsop a bit of a lifeline, he would never have expected the wall to break like that, and the ball was right on the near post, although he was still part of the three way problem.

It's clear our goalkeeper is the real problem.

Ok our defence is top 10 in least goals conceded, but it's Allsop's fault we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo up front.

Imagine how much higher we’d be if we had a keeper who didn’t go down in installments on any shot from outside the penalty area. Good with the ball at his feet, but the worst shot stopper I’ve seen at this level in a long time.

Totally agree that there is plenty of blame to go around on the goal but with the pace of the free kick and where he was positioned you’d expect a youth team keeper to be turning that one around the post.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    It's clear our goalkeeper is the real problem.

Ok our defence is top 10 in least goals conceded, but it's Allsop's fault we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo up front.
    we concede relatively few shots per game, only 6 clubs concede fewer

However we concede a relatively high number of goals per shot faced - about the 10th highest in the division

we concede relatively few shots per game, only 6 clubs concede fewer

However we concede a relatively high number of goals per shot faced - about the 10th highest in the division
    Which is still not the reason we're where we are.

Lacks of goals, lack of creativity is.

If you don't concede you don't need to score...as often 👀

It shows that the keeper is still a problem though and worth discussing. Nobody's claiming he's the sole reason we are where we are, but he has contributed. When the attack is toothless you need the keeper to help you out, Allsop very rarely does. You're that we are desperate for creativity but it doesn't mean we should ignore the other problems

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It shows that the keeper is still a problem though and worth discussing. Nobody's claiming he's the sole reason we are where we are, but he has contributed. When the attack is toothless you need the keeper to help you out, Allsop very rarely does. You're that we are desperate for creativity but it doesn't mean we should ignore the other problems
    It's weird how we always end up taking sides over things like this isn't it