+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mepham & Moore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mepham & Moore

It looks like they have been dropped from the Bournemouth matchday squad for turning up for Wales

Re: Mepham & Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It looks like they have been dropped from the Bournemouth matchday squad for turning up for Wales
    It looks like Bournemouth could have done with them tonight.

Oh well.

Garry O’Neill has done himself no favours, especially when he had internationals away playing on other continents but has chosen to only pick out the Wales guys

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Have you seen what O’Neil has had to say about Moore and Mepham? “You have a choice as a footballer whether you stay with the group or follow your own agenda.”

Gone right down in my estimation there

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Have you seen what O’Neil has had to say about Moore and Mepham? “You have a choice as a footballer whether you stay with the group or follow your own agenda.”

They should take it up with the FA, that's totally out of order.

Was that aimed specifically at moore and mepham?

Was it definitely in reference to them playing for Wales?

Could mean anything really, I'd be quite surprised if it was just because they had the madness to play for their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Was that aimed specifically at moore and mepham?

Was it definitely in reference to them playing for Wales?

Could mean anything really, I'd be quite surprised if it was just because they had the madness to play for their country.
    Mepham & Moore have been in every matchday squad this season except for the last two, so it could be just a coincidence.

Football sh-thousery right there…

My Bournemouth born supporting friend tells me that Mepham is useless and should not be near their first team.

After Moore’s poor attitude near the end of his time at the City, personally I have no sympathy for him not being included in the Bournemouth squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    My Bournemouth born supporting friend tells me that Mepham is useless and should not be near their first team.

After Moore’s poor attitude near the end of his time at the City, personally I have no sympathy for him not being included in the Bournemouth squad.
    Don't forget Brooks is there too, and he could also come under pressure not to turn up for Wales. If Bournemouth get away with this what's stopping other clubs from following suit?

That’s fair. Moore did through in the towel with us

That’s fair. Moore did through in the towel with us
    Was he made an escape goat !

How far did he throw the towel

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Was he made an escape goat !

How far did he throw the towel
    The 'scape' component of the word 'scapegoat' is actually a shortening of the word 'escape', old fruit.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The 'scape' component of 'scapegoat' is a shortening of the word 'escape', old fruit.
    it was a joke, wasn't it?

International

Spot on fek him

If they turned up late or hungover for training he's got a point. If it's because he'd organised a team get together over the international break, and they chose to play for Wales instead, then its uncalled for.

What it does show that after a decent honeymoon period, Gary O'Neil is feeling the pressure just a tad.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...inted-26634514

Journalists are useless these days. Last week it seems nobody bothered to ask Lamouchi about whether Etete was fit after going off injured in the previous match.

In this case, why didn’t they press Gary O’Neil more about what he was saying, if he is really talking about Moore and Mepham, then that’s a disgrace. Clubs are duty bound to release players for competitive international matches and the clear implication if the Bournemouth manager is singling the two Welsh players is that pressure was put on them not to report for duty for Wales. The hacks should make sure O’Neil is asked to clarify his remarks in the press conference before their next match.

Are we sure something else hasn't gone on here? Seems a very odd reaction to players returning from international duty, particularly considering Bournemouth have had 10 players on international duty over the last month.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...inted-26634514

Journalists are useless these days. Last week it seems nobody bothered to ask Lamouchi about whether Etete was fit after going off injured in the previous match.

In this case, why didn’t they press Gary O’Neil more about what he was saying, if he is really talking about Moore and Mepham, then that’s a disgrace. Clubs are duty bound to release players for competitive international matches and the clear implication if the Bournemouth manager is singling the two Welsh players is that pressure was put on them not to report for duty for Wales. The hacks should make sure O’Neil is asked to clarify his remarks in the press conference before their next match.
    Club Managers don't care about international games, they can get them the sack, it's pretty common really.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Club Managers don't care about international games, they can get them the sack, it's pretty common really.
    It's true, but clubs don't mind inflating the prices for international players.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    That’s not the point here though is it. As I say, it could do with confirmation that O’Neil was talking about the two Wales players, but, if he was, it’s a disgrace - he’s going further than any other manager I’ve heard on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s not the point here though is it. As I say, it could do with confirmation that O’Neil was talking about the two Wales players, but, if he was, it’s a disgrace - he’s going further than any other manager I’ve heard on the subject.
    As mentioned above, he could be in a panic about relegation and wanted to use the break to focus on that. It still doesn't make it right, and I hope he gets sacked if they get relegated

Its pathetic.

Saying that didnt Brennan Johnson play on the Saturday after missing the Wales games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its pathetic.

Saying that didnt Brennan Johnson play on the Saturday after missing the Wales games.

The new “Ryan Giggs”

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The new “Ryan Giggs”
    Moany pensioner angry with young footballer for decisions out of his power.