+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunday’s football

Re: Today’s football

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    So how did Lee Sharpe (And countless others) Get a move from Torquay (who were/are a rubbish team) to Manchester United. And that bloke Vardy, he's done alright, he was playing for a rubbish team.
    I'm talking about non-completive teams in their specific league where there are too many weak links for players to shine. You can look good in any division if you have the right players around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm talking about non-completive teams in their specific league where there are too many weak links for players to shine. You can look good in any division if you have the right players around you.
    What does Non Completive mean?

Right, so what you're saying is that good players only look good with other good players around them? Is that it?

Right, so what you're saying is that good players only look good with other good players around them? Is that it?
    He's good for a deflection usually, but he's just posted this on another thread

"I don't even mind being wrong about something as I am constantly learning. In fact, I see it as a good thing, as it helps us to self-correct and refine our thinking."

So who knows. He may not give you the runaround this time...

What does Non Completive mean?
    Should be non-competitive. Two players have been mentioned in this thread. Alexander-Arnold is facing some issues now that Liverpool are no longer top dog, and some of the Liverpool fans have been having a go at him, and Sheffield United fans wanted Ramsdale to be dropped because the ball was flying into the back of the net left, right and centre. Neither were or are bad players, it's just the circumstances they find themselves in.

What I am saying is you will never perform optimally when you are surrounded by players with deficiencies.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He's good for a deflection usually, but he's just posted this on another thread

"I don't even mind being wrong about something as I am constantly learning. In fact, I see it as a good thing, as it helps us to self-correct and refine our thinking."
    Opinions are not facts mate.

Should be non-competitive. Two players have been mentioned in this thread. Alexander-Arnold is facing some issues now that Liverpool are no longer top dog, and some of the Liverpool fans have been having a go at him, and Sheffield United fans wanted Ramsdale to be dropped because the ball was flying into the back of the net left, right and centre. Neither were or are bad players, it's just the circumstances they find themselves in.
    Poor form is what i would call it. It can be a collective thing, but then that means, by your definition, that each individual player blames the others for their lack of quality, which sort of diminishes responsibility. I agree that good players can hit bad patches, but i don't believe that they stop showing their undoubted ability, there will still be glimpses of it. There's lots of things that can affect a players performance, confidence, lack of belief etc, some may not fancy it when the shit hits the fan, and then that's about character. Like we all know, life is great when things go your way, it's when they don't that we really find out about people, and that's the same for sports people and performance, in my opinion.

Poor form is what i would call it. It can be a collective thing, but then that means, by your definition, that each individual player blames the others for their lack of quality, which sort of diminishes responsibility. I agree that good players can hit bad patches, but i don't believe that they stop showing their undoubted ability, there will still be glimpses of it. There's lots of things that can affect a players performance, confidence, lack of belief etc, some may not fancy it when the shit hits the fan, and then that's about character. Like we all know, life is great when things go your way, it's when they don't that we really find out about people, and that's the same for sports people and performance, in my opinion.
    Two more examples. Vardy scored 34 goals in a season when he was picked up by Leicester, while Charlie Savage would never be scouted by a big team based on his performances for Forest Green Rovers who are bottom of the league.

Two more examples. Vardy scored 34 goals in a season when he was picked up by Leicester, while Charlie Savage would never be scouted by a big team based on his performances for Forest Green Rovers who are bottom of the league.
    The maybe Charlie savage is lacking something, it's the good players who lift the ordinary, it's always been that way, it has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hahaha. Are you serious? As oppose to how poor the Championship is these days?
    Am I serious? Of course I am. It was a fantastic game. Incident-packed, dramatic and full of top-quality football.

The Championship can also throw up entertaining games now and then, as can every league in the world. Only an idiot would think otherwise. For instance, Sunderland's 4-4 draw with Hull on Friday evening was a cracker, great entertainment. The quality of the football was poles apart from this afternoon's game, though. Obviously.

The maybe Charlie savage is lacking something, it's the good players who lift the ordinary, it's always been that way, it has to be.
    He's getting some experience which is good, but he doesn't look like the player on the Man Utd tour where he looked very accomplished playing with the senior players. I'd say he has a good chance of being a decent player.

As usual these are just my opinions, but I have played in teams where I was the worst player and the best player, with the latter being way more frustrating.

He's getting some experience which is good, but he doesn't look like the player on the Man Utd tour where he looked very accomplished playing with the senior players. I'd say he has a good chance of being a decent player.

As usual these are just my opinions, but I have played in teams where I was the worst player and the best player, with the latter being way more frustrating.
    Who did you play for then?.

Who did you play for then?.
    Loads of teams at various levels, and it was fun being the weakest link as that's where I learned the most. I cost the team a goal or two though

Loads of teams at various levels, and it was fun being the weakest link as that's where I learned the most. I cost the team a goal or two though
    Why be so vague? Tuerto isn't shy to say about his career etc. What did you manage Welsh league? What year you play. Striker?
    I reckon you were a slow ponderous midfielder.

Why be so vague? Tuerto isn't shy to say about his career etc. What did you manage Welsh league? What year you play. Striker?
    I don't post personally identifiable information, especially with vindictive people like you and Cyril waiting to pounce!

He has a few fellow team mates on here who will support his prowess playing for Real Pinocchio in the Walter Mitty Sunday League.

Re: Sunday’s football

I don't post personally identifiable information, especially with vindictive people like you and Cyril waiting to pounce!
    Why would you call me vindictive :/

How would saying something like "I played for Treforest and Llantwit" identify you