+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham

Re: Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Nothing to cry about maybe, but plenty to sigh about.
    Plenty to sob about.

Brilliant for them, we can’t moan, Scam spent his way to the top other people’s money and we loved it. They seem genuine.

Fair play to their social media as well, the only Ryan video they showed is of him with Howard while Foster is getting all the attention. They just seem to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Congratulations to Wrexham, it’s a great story, but, as Salford have found, FFP regulations are a much more effective leveller in the lower divisions than they are in the higher ones.
    Does it not apply in the conference?

I don't know too much about FFP, but shouldn't Wrexham's high crowds benefit them?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Does it not apply in the conference?

I don't know too much about FFP, but shouldn't Wrexham's high crowds benefit them?
    I would suggest a tour of America v Man U and Chelsea, a Disney plus series renewed and a couple more sponsors..

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Great for them.

In the mid 90s I'm sure we can all remember they were the top club team in Wales. We did overtake them and they'd give anything for what we have had. Since they left the football league we've never been as low as we are now, been in premier league twice, Wembley 4 times including fa Cup final and league Cup final.

There's a lot of negativity around cardiff but always worth remembering other teams would say we've had it bloody good and have nothing to cry about.
    Pedantic, but we’ve played at Wembley 5 times since Wrexham left the football league.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Pedantic, but we’ve played at Wembley 5 times since Wrexham left the football league.
    No it's 4. They hadn't been relegated when we played there for the Barnsley semi final. They were relegated 13 days after. I counted the spurs Premier league game. ;-)

Pedantic in return......

No it's 4. They hadn't been relegated when we played there for the Barnsley semi final. They were relegated 13 days after. I counted the spurs Premier league game. ;-)

Pedantic in return......
    Well spotted Father Dougal, you did me there, I thought they’d gone down the season previous

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well spotted Father Dougal, you did me there, I thought they’d gone down the season previous
    We played Spurs at Wembley in the PL.

Just read the previous post. Never mind.

Great for them.

In the mid 90s I'm sure we can all remember they were the top club team in Wales. We did overtake them and they'd give anything for what we have had. Since they left the football league we've never been as low as we are now, been in premier league twice, Wembley 4 times including fa Cup final and league Cup final.

There's a lot of negativity around cardiff but always worth remembering other teams would say we've had it bloody good and have nothing to cry about.

93 season we played the twice up the racecourse in a few days , league and welsh cup,

The Difference since then has been massive for the 2 clubs, maybe its Wrexhams turn to enjoy football again

Jesus christ . some of you lot are as thick as two short planks.
    This is positive ....yes.
    It's not just cardiff and swansea, now it's wrexham too.
    Much easier for Tan to find a buyer when the focus is on little Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    93 season we played the twice up the racecourse in a few days , league and welsh cup,

The Difference since then has been massive for the 2 clubs, maybe its Wrexhams turn to enjoy football again
    Well we actually got the better of them then I was thinking more 95-98 when we were in the basement and Wrexham were pushing for what is now the championship.

Well we actually got the better of them then I was thinking more 95-98 when we were in the basement and Wrexham were pushing for what is now the championship.
    yea, they pushed on a little, we dropped back down after the highs of Eddie May,

still massive difference in fortunes after that ( as you said )

Probably been mentioned but looking at that league table you now have Scunthorpe and Yeovil, two fairly recent championship teams now going to national south and north

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Probably been mentioned but looking at that league table you now have Scunthorpe and Yeovil, two fairly recent championship teams now going to national south and north
    Yeovil from the championship 10 years ago ( punching above their weight then, but still its a fair fall )

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    now that was a Hollywood finish for you!
    Scouse Welsh back eeeeek ?

For some reason to me it feels more normal to see Scunthorpe in non-league than Yeovil, possibly because I remember us playing them in the dungeons so often in the early/mid 90's whereas Yeovil seem like a good story and a reasonably established League 1 side, which when you look at how long each were in the league is completely opposite I guess.

Also the Tan trying to find a seller for a competing Welsh club in a higher league is genius, somebody tell his mum to get him on the blower to Hollywood ASAP. I think Will Smith has a lot of time on his hands and money burning a hole in his pocket right now.

One of the headlines on national news this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Jesus christ . some of you lot are as thick as two short planks.
    This is positive ....yes.
    It's not just cardiff and swansea, now it's wrexham too.
    Much easier for Tan to find a buyer when the focus is on little Wales.
    Did Newport get relegated then, or forgotten due to not having star owners?

Sadly, the way things are currently going, in ten years, we, or even the JB's come to that, will be the biggest team in Wales.

After, another dreadful season, unless Tan splashes the cash and Lamouchi stays, or we get a decent manager in like Nathan Jones, and not a basement 'bargain' basement manager like Sol, then will struggle and probably go down. We will end up more like Cewnty, with Wrexham replacing us as the No. 1 team in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Sadly, the way things are currently going, in ten years, we, or even the JB's come to that, will be the biggest team in Wales.

After, another dreadful season, unless Tan splashes the cash and Lamouchi stays, or we get a decent manager in like Nathan Jones, and not a basement 'bargain' basement manager like Sol, then will struggle and probably go down. We will end up more like Cewnty, with Wrexham replacing us as the No. 1 team in Wales
    Swansea are on the cusp of the play offs and if they make top 6 it will be the 3rd time in 4 seasons they've done so. I think they're most likely to take the crown as "biggest team in Wales" in the recent future.

Even if Wrexham cruise through League 2 (which I don't think is a given) League 1 is a whole other step up and many teams have struggled or stagnated there. It's easier to attract League 1 players to the National League when you're by far the richest club than it is to attract Championship and lower end Premier League players to a mid sized League 1 team.

Imagine trying to convince the likes of Mitrovic and Akpom to join a 3rd tier team compared to getting Paul Mullin to join a 5th tier team.

Quite simple question honest answers please
    How many football fans would object to someone coming in and injecting major cash into their club .????
    A lot of jealousy from many rival fans
    GGOD LUCK Wrexham another Welsh club in the EFL

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    Quite simple question honest answers please
    How many football fans would object to someone coming in and injecting major cash into their club .????
    A lot of jealousy from many rival fans
    GGOD LUCK Wrexham another Welsh club in the EFL
    Depends if they rebrand the club or not

Well done to Wrexham I say. The owners I think genuinely care, the fans have had to suffer for quite a while as well.

What I can't stand is the hoards of new American fans or people who were man utd fans now saying they've always supported Wrexham.

On reddit yesterday someone posted a thread saying 'Wrexham win promotion' and the comments were full of people complaining about spoilers as its ruined the Wrexham TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Swansea are on the cusp of the play offs and if they make top 6 it will be the 3rd time in 4 seasons they've done so. I think they're most likely to take the crown as "biggest team in Wales" in the recent future.

Even if Wrexham cruise through League 2 (which I don't think is a given) League 1 is a whole other step up and many teams have struggled or stagnated there. It's easier to attract League 1 players to the National League when you're by far the richest club than it is to attract Championship and lower end Premier League players to a mid sized League 1 team.

Imagine trying to convince the likes of Mitrovic and Akpom to join a 3rd tier team compared to getting Paul Mullin to join a 5th tier team.
    I guess the JB's have been the biggest team in Wales for the last 40 years, as much as it hurts me to say it.

In my eyes, if teams like Doncaster, Southend, Yeovil and Scunthorpe can all make the Championship, which they have in the 20 years since we returned to the second tier, then I am sure Wrexham with big money behind them, can certainly do it. It won't be easy though and might take them ten years, but if their Hollywood backers stay at the club, then yes, they can do it.

I was going to see what people thought of the idea of HRK returning and then that might convince Bale to come out of retirement an sign for his hometown club :Wales:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    A joke I can take, but there's no need for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've saboteured your plan. Apologies.
    Bale has been spotted down the Vale recently, Keeping fit and waiting for some inspiration ( just saying )
    Hmmmmm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrdxxPWtdz_/?img_index=1