+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham

Re: Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Looks like 4 from 5 recent Football League Clubs will be relegated from the National League.
    Yeovil and Scunthorpe's decline is a sobering tale. Torquay the 3rd? the 4th? York?

All sides that we'd got used to playing against at City in the 80s and 90s.

So if Wrexham beat Yeovil on Tuesday they can win promotion with a game to spare a week today? Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    As Jordi very delicately put it, it was the reaction of the fans that did it for so many as much as the actual deeds of Tan. It's strange how history recalls how the fans pressurised for the return to blue. That really isn't the whole story.

I was in the 1927 club at that time and it wasn't pleasant.

Like your second son, it's never been the same for me since either.
    Agree entirely. The whimsical decision of an absentee owner to change the club colours was one thing. The reaction of the club's support, with all the bickering and worse that went with it, was quite another.

It will, for me, never be the same again, with ot without Vincent Tan.

Yeovil and Scunthorpe's decline is a sobering tale. Torquay the 3rd? the 4th? York?

5th Maidstone

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Notts are winning so you proud to be welsh could still see an english club being promoted over a welsh club.
    I can't see it. Wrexham are home to Yeovil on Tuesday, then Notts County are at Maidstone at 3pm on Saturday. It would be a major surprise if either side don't win those, so I'd expect Wrexham to have a 1 point advantage going into their evening home game next Saturday against Boreham Wood. Win and Wrexham are promoted. Lose and they still only need a win at Torquay in their last game. I would be surprised if they don't get the job done.

Torquay was always a great away day / weekend

always lively and we normally took a good crowd

was it 92 when Fash took loads of abuse and lashed out at Willaims ? ?

Gary Johnston ( ex Bristold city and yeovil manager ) manages Torquay, Our Kieron Evans is on loan with them

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I can't see it. Wrexham are home to Yeovil on Tuesday, then Notts County are at Maidstone at 3pm on Saturday. It would be a major surprise if either side don't win those, so I'd expect Wrexham to have a 1 point advantage going into their evening home game next Saturday against Boreham Wood. Win and Wrexham are promoted. Lose and they still only need a win at Torquay in their last game. I would be surprised if they don't get the job done.
    Boreham Wood will be a tough game to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Boreham Wood will be a tough game to be fair
    Chance to win promotion in front of the home fans? Done and dusted for Netflix!

Chance to win promotion in front of the home fans? Done and dusted for Netflix!
    injury time winner from Foster who has come up for a corner

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    injury time winner from Foster who has come up for a corner
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    My oldest son still hasn’t come back, said he won’t set foot in the ground again until Tan leaves and has stuck to it. My 2nd boy still comes with me occasionally but it’s not been the same.

Then there was the whole row of 1927 club season ticket holders that I used to sit with who have never come back either.
    That is a very long row of seats.

Just seen the red card, seemed harsh to me, more of a stumble than intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Just seen the red card, seemed harsh to me, more of a stumble than intentional.
    Watch the video again. Initial contact, going for ball. He then flicks his leg out - that's what got the red.

one more win

Yeah they should wrap it up with a win in the next match

Yeovil don't fit into that category. In fact, City have never played them in a league game. Two FA Cup ties in 1999 and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yeovil don't fit into that category. In fact, City have never played them in a league game. Two FA Cup ties in 1999 and that's it.
    Ooo Arrrr it’s Ambrosia !

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Ooo Arrrr it’s Ambrosia !
    A classic chant haha

And if I'm right, their only Championship season was after we'd been promoted to the Premier League and the Wurzels had been relegated, leaving Yeovil as the top side in the West Country. How quickly they've unravelled.

And if I'm right, their only Championship season was after we'd been promoted to the Premier League and the Wurzels had been relegated, leaving Yeovil as the top side in the West Country. How quickly they've unravelled.
    Yes, it was the rebrand Premier League season when City finished bottom the table in Tan's lucky red. Meanwhile, Joe Ralls was finishing bottom of the Championship with Yeovil, where he spent the season on loan.

Yes, it was the rebrand Premier League season when City finished bottom the table in Tan's lucky red. Meanwhile, Joe Ralls was finishing bottom of the Championship with Yeovil, where he spent the season on loan.
    I'd forgotten about Ralls. I see he's putting that experience to good use...

Wrexham are being given £25m from the council to build their new stand. Doesn't sit well with me that.

Wrexham can shove it for a while after tonight's ccfc win

Once we are safe the gogs can have a clap

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wrexham are being given £25m from the council to build their new stand. Doesn't sit well with me that.
    why?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    why?
    Didn't the council give us land for nothing ?