+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sabri's comments post Sunderland

Sabri's comments post Sunderland

"When you are losing you are always disappointed, but I'm more disappointed about the first half," Lamouchi said after the match. "The second was a little bit better, we faced some situations to come back into the game.

"We can't concede a goal in the second half like that. We cannot start the game in this way. Bad attitude and bad performance in the first half.

"We made some changes and probably we can make some more changes. And, if I'm fair, we didn't deserve more than that.

"We have probably lost the rhythm. We finish [games] better than we start, that is the problem. Against Swansea, you cannot start worse than this game. And you cannot concede a goal in this way today, with two lines in the wall, to make a stupid goal and concede in this way.

"We were probably a little bit better in the second half, better enough to create three chances to score - we didn't score. We believed until the end, but we missed the last pass, to score and to come back into the game."

Lamouchi was so incensed by his team's start to the match that he made a double substitution after 36 minutes, taking off Sheyi Ojo and arguably their most creative player in Jaden Philogene.

The Bluebirds boss has no regrets over his decision to take the duo off. In fact, he wishes he did it earlier.

"It wasn't too early, I probably should have done it earlier," he said of the double change. "I don't regret the changes, because I didn't want to wait until they scored a goal.

"I tried to change the mind of my team and it was the wrong mentality. I must do something before the break, because we were so deep, we were so... I don't want to say the word, but not so good."

Philogene threw off his gloves in anger when he was taken off, but when asked about that, Lamouchi said: "He needs to understand why I'm angry. It's my responsibility to try something, because to stay in this shape, probably something will happen.

"I want to send a message to the team and the players. Move on, try and do something - I tried to something after 35 minutes, I tried to do something during the break, I tried to do something 10 or 15 minutes into the second half. But it was not enough.

"To be honest with you, when you ask about bad starts against Swansea, Blackpool, here, right, but the small details, we are not there. The small details is you against you and in this moment they are against you. We need to be more angry, have more character.

"I am happy my captain can stay on the bench because he felt a problem in his adductor, he showed the right character in the last half an hour. But he can't play from minute one - he was supposed to start, unfortunately he had some physical problems - so I asked him to stay on the bench and it was probably the best decision, because when he came on, something changed. I try for my side, we try on the pitch, but it was not enough."

The defeat leaves the Bluebirds dangling above the relegation zone by a single point, with that rearranged game against Rotherham United still to play, so they have a game in hand over most of their rivals. However, Lamouchi predicts that this could all come down to the final day of the season, when Cardiff travel to champions elect Burnley at Turf Moor.

"You need consistency in the Championship," Lamouchi added. "If you aren’t consistent you are where you are. We know we will fight until the end and that it will be tough, really tough. I knew that from the beginning.

"The table was exactly the same two months ago. Unfortunately we didn’t change our position in the table. We missed a lot of opportunities and we missed consistency, character and personality. We need that if we want to stay in the Championship. We need to think about that and be absolutely honest with ourselves. This club and these fans deserve to be in the Championship next season.

“I said to my players, I came here for two reasons, for the club and the quality in the squad as the quality is enough to stay in the Championship. But I said as well, probably we will need to fight until the last game so we must be ready for that. In one moment I was thinking we were doing well, but we miss consistency.

“If you aren’t consistent in the Championship, you deserve to be where you are and you will be there for a lot of reasons. It is not time to discuss this, it is time to be positive, honest and try to give your best. We didn’t give our best in the first half today.”

Re: Sabri's comments post Sunderland

Go to bed ffs.
    Never seen a guy take so much credit but so little of the blamee.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    "When you are losing you are always disappointed, but I'm more disappointed about the first half," Lamouchi said after the match. "The second was a little bit better, we faced some situations to come back into the game.

"We can't concede a goal in the second half like that. We cannot start the game in this way. Bad attitude and bad performance in the first half.

"We made some changes and probably we can make some more changes. And, if I'm fair, we didn't deserve more than that.

"We have probably lost the rhythm. We finish [games] better than we start, that is the problem. Against Swansea, you cannot start worse than this game. And you cannot concede a goal in this way today, with two lines in the wall, to make a stupid goal and concede in this way.

"We were probably a little bit better in the second half, better enough to create three chances to score - we didn't score. We believed until the end, but we missed the last pass, to score and to come back into the game."

Lamouchi was so incensed by his team's start to the match that he made a double substitution after 36 minutes, taking off Sheyi Ojo and arguably their most creative player in Jaden Philogene.

The Bluebirds boss has no regrets over his decision to take the duo off. In fact, he wishes he did it earlier.

"It wasn't too early, I probably should have done it earlier," he said of the double change. "I don't regret the changes, because I didn't want to wait until they scored a goal.

"I tried to change the mind of my team and it was the wrong mentality. I must do something before the break, because we were so deep, we were so... I don't want to say the word, but not so good."

Philogene threw off his gloves in anger when he was taken off, but when asked about that, Lamouchi said: "He needs to understand why I'm angry. It's my responsibility to try something, because to stay in this shape, probably something will happen.

"I want to send a message to the team and the players. Move on, try and do something - I tried to something after 35 minutes, I tried to do something during the break, I tried to do something 10 or 15 minutes into the second half. But it was not enough.

"To be honest with you, when you ask about bad starts against Swansea, Blackpool, here, right, but the small details, we are not there. The small details is you against you and in this moment they are against you. We need to be more angry, have more character.

"I am happy my captain can stay on the bench because he felt a problem in his adductor, he showed the right character in the last half an hour. But he can't play from minute one - he was supposed to start, unfortunately he had some physical problems - so I asked him to stay on the bench and it was probably the best decision, because when he came on, something changed. I try for my side, we try on the pitch, but it was not enough."

The defeat leaves the Bluebirds dangling above the relegation zone by a single point, with that rearranged game against Rotherham United still to play, so they have a game in hand over most of their rivals. However, Lamouchi predicts that this could all come down to the final day of the season, when Cardiff travel to champions elect Burnley at Turf Moor.

"You need consistency in the Championship," Lamouchi added. "If you aren’t consistent you are where you are. We know we will fight until the end and that it will be tough, really tough. I knew that from the beginning.

"The table was exactly the same two months ago. Unfortunately we didn’t change our position in the table. We missed a lot of opportunities and we missed consistency, character and personality. We need that if we want to stay in the Championship. We need to think about that and be absolutely honest with ourselves. This club and these fans deserve to be in the Championship next season.

“I said to my players, I came here for two reasons, for the club and the quality in the squad as the quality is enough to stay in the Championship. But I said as well, probably we will need to fight until the last game so we must be ready for that. In one moment I was thinking we were doing well, but we miss consistency.

“If you aren’t consistent in the Championship, you deserve to be where you are and you will be there for a lot of reasons. It is not time to discuss this, it is time to be positive, honest and try to give your best. We didn’t give our best in the first half today.”
    Maybe I am being harsh but after watching today’s performance, I wonder if Lamouchi is the right guy. Not only did we not win a single second ball but half the team looked as though they wanted to be somewhere else.
    I realise this is not his team but he needs to get his message across in a much stronger way or stop picking some of these players

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Go to bed ffs.
    You haven't turned on another one?

Sabri says we need consistency but he's not providing it

Clearly a lot of this squad are not up to the mark but at the very least he should be getting a regular shift out of them

Very poor today by him and the team

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Maybe I am being harsh but after watching today’s performance, I wonder if Lamouchi is the right guy. Not only did we not win a single second ball but half the team looked as though they wanted to be somewhere else.
    I realise this is not his team but he needs to get his message across in a much stronger way or stop picking some of these players
    That's not Lamouchi. They've been like that most of the season.

Go to bed ffs.
    Forgotten Super Steve already? Lucky you

The lineup was horrific, Sawyers and Wintle as a midfield two in a 4-4-2? Laughable.

Go to bed ffs.
    You’re the one that needs to go to bed. You would have a go at him had he said nothing.

I think it’s about time some of these gutless wasters got told straight.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I've not got a photographic memory but we definitely didn't lose every second ball..

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    The lineup was horrific, Sawyers and Wintle as a midfield two in a 4-4-2? Laughable.
    3412 weren't it ..

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    You’re the one that needs to go to bed. You would have a go at him had he said nothing.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    3412 weren't it ..
    When he brought Simpson on yes, but it was definitely a 4-4-2 for the first 30 odd minutes

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    That's not Lamouchi. They've been like that most of the season.
    Agreed.

Seen sludge mention in another post he is not the Messiah.. look what he's working with FFS some of this lot are utterly useless.

I don't think we will go down.

I wouldn't care if we did.. but it's hard not to care when you've got players making basic mistakes game after game.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    When he brought Simpson on yes, but it was definitely a 4-4-2 for the first 30 odd minutes
    How did you line them up?

Makes you wonder what they work on the training ground. The buck stops with him. He knows the squad is poor so he needs to get them battling. God help us

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post

Lol

He’s crap but hey he played a few games for Inter Milan

Go to bed Kojak

Agreed.

Seen sludge mention in another post he is not the Messiah.. look what he's working with FFS some of this lot are utterly useless.

I don't think we will go down.

I wouldn't care if we did.. but it's hard not to care when you've got players making basic mistakes game after game.
    LOL

Get back on the 💼 Dembe ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Makes you wonder what they work on the training ground. The buck stops with him. He knows the squad is poor so he needs to get them battling. God help us
    And what did he do with a far better Forest squad?

2 positions higher up, 4 more points, less goals than Karanka. Choke job end of the season.

Maybe there's a reason goals and points per game for teams he manages are higher for Qatari teams than for teams in the Championship?

We concede more goals under Lamouchi per game than under Hudson. The improvement in points per game under Lamouchi is a whopping 0.02.

Good managers inspire, improve players. That team out there today looked like they didn't want to play for him.

We were dreadful in midfield and up front .

The players that got rightly dragged off were guilty of inpeptness.

McGuinness was easily the class act .

Kaba is very raw and probably won't get any better than what we can see now.

Ralls does look better these days on the left .

Davies looked out of depth so much different when he first appeared on the scene, where has his promise and youthful swagger going .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We were dreadful in midfield and up front .

The players that got rightly dragged off were guilty of inpeptness.

McGuinness was easily the class act .

Kaba is very raw and probably won't get any better than what we can see now.

Ralls does look better these days on the left .

Davies looked out of depth so much different when he first appeared on the scene, where has his promise and youthful swagger going .
    McGuinness is being exposed by playing on the left. In a two, he needs to be on the right, Kipre left, in a three switched with Kipre. I'd prefer a three of McGuinness-Kipre-Simpson but hey ho.

Davies isn't a wide player, lacks the crossing end product. He's probably best running off the last shoulder of a defender, which is difficult to do when you're a goal down, lumping the ball forward and the oppositions are dropping deep.

We'll be lucky to survive the drop.
    The manager seems clueless.
    To take your best player off is beyond a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    We'll be lucky to survive the drop.
    The manager seems clueless.
    To take your best player off is beyond a joke.
    Philogene wasnt playing well but others were worse. I thought he must have been injured. Seems he wasnt and it was tactical.

How did you line them up?
    Definitely started off with a back 4, Romeo-Kipre-McGuinness-Ng. We then switch to a back 3/5 with Romeo & Ojo as wing backs and McGuinnes-Kipre-Ng centrally, moving Philogene forward into the number 10 position. Then we made the changes, stuck Simpson at left wing back, switched Romeo to the right and moved to a more flat 3 in midfield with Rinomhota