+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: If Lamouchi keeps us up, would you give him a new contract?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 57.50%
  • No

17 42.50%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If Lamouchi keeps us up, would you give him a new contract?

Re: If Lamouchi keeps us up, would you give him a new contract?

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Both completely unrealistic..
    What gives you that impression?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    They want to spend money?

are you serious?

Our last three managers have been Morison, Hudson and unattached Sabri Lamouchi and you're asking why Potter and Rodgers are unrealistic?

A double whooosh.

I'll take that one. Ta.

Edit. Triple. Even better.

A double whooosh.

I'll take that one. Ta.

Not sure I get that one to be honest.

A double whooosh.

I'll take that one. Ta.

rather than claiming the whoosh, maybe you should be questioning why 3 people saw your daft statement and assumed you were being serious.
    says more about you tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    rather than claiming the whoosh, maybe you should be questioning why 3 people saw your daft statement and assumed you were being serious.
    says more about you tbh

I responded in kind, knowing his post was a clear windup. The fact that people felt he was being even remotely serious is amusing.

Is a whoosh not when somebody has missed something though?

Not sure naming ridiculously unrealistic managers is a whoosh.

How about Pep?

says more about you tbh
    It's been claimed.

Why is it my issue people take what they read so seriously on here on a day to day basis? It's like everyone becomes autistic when they read posts on here and take every word written literally.

That's definitely not my problem. Mate.

Anyone who thinks we'd get them two is an imbecile. I thought that much was obvious.

Hence the sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Is a whoosh not when somebody has missed something though?

Not sure naming ridiculously unrealistic managers is a whoosh.

How about Pep?
    Perhaps whoosh was the wrong way to put it. I can hold my hands up. Unlike plenty.

It's been claimed.

Why is it my issue people take what they read so seriously on here on a day to day basis? It's like everyone becomes autistic when they read posts on here and take every word written literally.

That's definitely not my problem. Mate.

Anyone who thinks we'd get them two is an imbecile. I thought that much was obvious.

Hence the sarcasm.
    who has said we would get them?

Perhaps whoosh was the wrong way to put it. I can hold my hands up. Unlike plenty.
    It happens.

I'm just glad you weren't serious.
    I still remember the people who seriously suggested Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche with straight faces.

who has said we would get them?
    "Both completely unrealistic "

Was the reply when someone said "unless Potter or Rodgers want the job"

I replied "what gives you that impression" sarcastically to them being unrealistic.

Keep up at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes but initially a one year deal

Expectation levels need to be escaping relegation
    and then bring back warnock...hell be almost 90 mind?

If he keeps us up, then I'd be tempted to give Lamouchi another year. If we go down, then perhaps not. There are a lot of people out there, making the point that Nathan Jones is available, and I can see how that might appeal. But anyone coming in would have to be something special to get a tune out of the players we have on our books right now. A total rebuild is what we need, but unless Vinnie has something up his sleeve, that just isn't going to happen.
    Also, someone right back at the start (of this thread) brought up the subject of route one football. To be honest, if it keeps us up, I'd be happy to see him play Wickham, Kaba and Etete in a front three, and just pump it long. Works for Warnock. Not that I'm advocating a return to Warnock-ball, it's just that needs must. If six games of long-ball keeps us in this division, that's fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    If he keeps us up, then I'd be tempted to give Lamouchi another year. If we go down, then perhaps not. There are a lot of people out there, making the point that Nathan Jones is available, and I can see how that might appeal. But anyone coming in would have to be something special to get a tune out of the players we have on our books right now. A total rebuild is what we need, but unless Vinnie has something up his sleeve, that just isn't going to happen.
    Also, someone right back at the start (of this thread) brought up the subject of route one football. To be honest, if it keeps us up, I'd be happy to see him play Wickham, Kaba and Etete in a front three, and just pump it long. Works for Warnock. Not that I'm advocating a return to Warnock-ball, it's just that needs must. If six games of long-ball keeps us in this division, that's fine by me.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    That last paragraph would have got Sludge harder than a Vinnie Jones/Roy Keane love child.

But I agree, goals and wins over style of play for me

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Before yesterday, I’d have definitely said yes, but after watching us play hoofball badly for ninety minutes in the closest thing I’ve seen this season to the bad, old days of McCarthy especially while also being a shambles tactically, I’m not so sure. On balance, I’d still say yes, but not with any great hope that things will be any better next season.
    Because Collins, O'Dowda, and Robinson are out, the rest of the team were knackered from playing a few days before, he has a poor squad and came up against a team that had depth and could make five almost like-for-like changes.

Granted it didn't work, but f people think Bagan is the best we can do then we really are in trouble, can't everyone remember players skinning him and crossing with ease when we tried him before? It was probably worth the chance rather than doing what has failed on every previous time we've had to use him.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Because Collins, O'Dowda, and Robinson are out, the rest of the team were knackered from playing a few days before, he has a poor squad and came up against a team that had depth and could make five almost like-for-like changes.

Granted it didn't work, but f people think Bagan is the best we can do then we really are in trouble, can't everyone remember players skinning him and crossing with ease when we tried him before? It was probably worth the chance rather than doing what has failed on every previous time we've had to use him.
    You know that Bagan has started 35 games for Cardiff City, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Poll thingy time....
    At least with Lamouchi here is a plan and some tactics. I’d give him another season definitely

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

I know you don't rate Bagan, but surely you see how over the top you're being? There was a point last season when he was in great form and even managed some lovely goals!

If you want to stay in league 1 then keep him

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    If you want to stay in league 1 then keep him
    What’s the alternative? If he keeps us up with this lot of useless shithouses, he and Sol deserve the chance of trying to rebuild.
    It’s going to be tough enough as it is without yet another change to the manager