+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shambolic Sunderland defeat a new low for miserable Cardiff City – League One beckons.

Shambolic Sunderland defeat a new low for miserable Cardiff City – League One beckons.

So many basics wrong as questions have to be asked about the team manager..

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Shambolic Sunderland defeat a new low for miserable Cardiff City – League One beckons.

As always a great summary.
    Yesterday’s performance, like so many this season was feeble.
    In the first twenty minutes we saw that they were murdering us down our left wing resulting in Romeo being switched to the right. How was that ever going to help.we were even more unbalanced. OJO was as close to useless as I have seen him and Sawyers was worse.
    Taking off the only player likely to create something baffled me,
    Yes, there were moments in the second half when we were better but overall it was a gutless, inept performance.

Once again an opposing team showed the merits of passing, control, movement, pace and confidence.
    Last edited by BLUEAWAY; 11-04-23 at 07:51. Reason: 7

Re: Shambolic Sunderland defeat a new low for miserable Cardiff City – League One beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So many basics wrong as questions have to be asked about the team manager..

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Thanks again Bob.
    Usually after such a listless, shambolic, poor city performance I would feel annoyed, angry, vitriolic.
    After this game I felt mainly disappointed and of course worried.
    The fact that the players appear so mentally and physically "knackered" is particularly worrying: teams that possess this attribute rarely survive a nasty relegation scrap.
    But mostly I felt disappointed that there was such a high level of confusion, uncertainty and disorder in the set up, tactics and personnel. I really thought that Lamouchi and (the still surprisingly invisible) Bamba had enough about them to provide the leadership, structure and certainty that all players (especially those short on quality) need. I still hope and (I think) think they do have it, but we need to see it and we need to see it now. Time is running out. We really should not have to be using the word clueless at this level but that's what was in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    As always a great summary.
    Yesterday’s performance, like so many this season was feeble.
    In the first twenty minutes we saw that they were murdering us down our left wing resulting in Romeo being switched to the right. How was that ever going to help.we were even more unbalanced. OJO was as close to useless as I have seen him and Sawyers was worse.
    Taking off the only player likely to create something baffled me,
    Yes, there were moments in the second half when we were better but overall it was a gutless, inept performance.

Once again an opposing team showed the merits of passing, control, movement, pace and confidence.
    Your last sentence is so true.

As always a great synopsis of what we witnessed at the CCS.

I think points deductions elsewhere will keep us up, but in all honesty with the current squad that might be a bad thing! These players would have more chance in League 1 than in the Championship and starting again in August with no new purchases (due to the ongoing transfer embargo) fills me with doom and gloom.

The new manager seems to switch from tactical genius to incompetent coach, yesterday was a prime example of the latter.

Relegation to league one (if it happens) maybe a blessing in disguise because the current squad simply are not Championship material.

Excellent synopsis yet again. Grim, isn't it? At this rate Huddersfield/Warnock will put us down. Let's hope QPRs comeback against West Brom was a one off and they somehow manage to finish the season worse than us. Similarly, Reading. If we stay up, next season we'll be relegation fodder. If we go down, we could well stay in L1 for years. Yesterday's team choice in no way inspired faith in Lamouchi. No leadership off the pitch and no leadership on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Thanks again Bob.
    Usually after such a listless, shambolic, poor city performance I would feel annoyed, angry, vitriolic.
    After this game I felt mainly disappointed and of course worried.
    The fact that the players appear so mentally and physically "knackered" is particularly worrying: teams that possess this attribute rarely survive a nasty relegation scrap.
    But mostly I felt disappointed that there was such a high level of confusion, uncertainty and disorder in the set up, tactics and personnel. I really thought that Lamouchi and (the still surprisingly invisible) Bamba had enough about them to provide the leadership, structure and certainty that all players (especially those short on quality) need. I still hope and (I think) think they do have it, but we need to see it and we need to see it now. Time is running out. We really should not have to be using the word clueless at this level but that's what was in my head.
    Again, I think your last sentence is spot on.

Our worst squad since 1999/2000. Slow, ponderous, clumsy. If the natural order of things play out, we'll leave this division at the end of the season - we don't belong here. I always think that when it's difficult to pick out the opposition's strikers, it means they're constantly involved with the play. We had two chaps up front whilst everyone else was chasing shadows. How many teams play 2 out-and-out big target men ? I doubt any in the top 2 divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Excellent synopsis yet again. Grim, isn't it? At this rate Huddersfield/Warnock will put us down. Let's hope QPRs comeback against West Brom was a one off and they somehow manage to finish the season worse than us. Similarly, Reading. If we stay up, next season we'll be relegation fodder. If we go down, we could well stay in L1 for years. Yesterday's team choice in no way inspired faith in Lamouchi. No leadership off the pitch and no leadership on the pitch.
    've been thinking QPR are our banker in a way because, even if we can't do much ourselves, they've gone. However, coming back from 2-0 down yesterday is bound to raise morale and could be the thing to turn them around - our rivals will be looking at us and thinking that our three year nightmare run at home always gives them a chance, having more away games to play is one thing which might be in our favour.

How Lamouchi could pick Ojo before Coldwill is beyond me and taking Philogene off after only 33 minutes was madness. I wonder, did the manager receive an incentive payment from Sunderland and our other relegation rivals?

've been thinking QPR are our banker in a way because, even if we can't do much ourselves, they've gone. However, coming back from 2-0 down yesterday is bound to raise morale and could be the thing to turn them around - our rivals will be looking at us and thinking that our three year nightmare run at home always gives them a chance, having more away games to play is one thing which might be in our favour.
    Unfortunately, we have yet to play the top two away (no points there, I fear) plus the rearranged match v the Watermillers. And Watford. Maybe a point out of those four matches. I hope to be proved very wrong. Fleetwood away in August, otherwise.

Pretty depressing stuff, Tuesday is the new Monday. For half an hour against Blackpool we looked like a proper team, that was swiftly erased from the memory. No idea what happened with Philogene yesterday but it's a bad time to have sulking players. Without O'Dowda and Robinson we have no shape at all and almost completely toothless. I still think we'll stay up but I'm running out of reasons why.

Thanks Paul. I heard an interview on talksport this morning with Paul Barber, CEO and Deputy Chair of Brighton FC. He was knowledgeable, articulate, well-informed and coherent in his analysis of the modern game, as a football executive should be. If only we had such an individual in charge at CCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    Thanks Paul. I heard an interview on talksport this morning with Paul Barber, CEO and Deputy Chair of Brighton FC. He was knowledgeable, articulate, well-informed and coherent in his analysis of the modern game, as a football executive should be. If only we had such an individual in charge at CCFC.
    Can we sign him up and put Tan out on loan?

No one comes out of yesterday with any credit at all in my view. Yes the players were shocking for 60 minutes - again - but the manager played hi part. Team selection was unbelievable and the tactical switches were even worse. I actually felt sympathy for ojo being asked to play left wing back. What the hell! I had no argument with his decision to make 2 subs so soon - phylogenies attitude for those 36 mins was shocking in my opinion, but then you have to ask why. Why no desire, why the poor attitude? That’s on the manager and coaches. Even the subs - with the exception of joe rolls were odd. Crying out for pace and he swapped wickham with etete. The whole thing was woeful. As the game went on my passion disappeared. I drove home numb. And it’s a long drive!

Get behind our team for crying out loud.
    Call yourselves supporters!

League One Beckons.

We're not even in the relegation zone yet.

Didn't see that game so can't comment on the detail but I do wonder whether the manager is focusing on the "games we could win".

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Didn't see that game so can't comment on the detail but I do wonder whether the manager is focusing on the "games we could win".
    Maybe, but I’d have thought a Sunderland team with one win in nine and a quite a few central defensive injuries would have fallen into that category.

Maybe, but I’d have thought a Sunderland team with one win in nine and a quite a few central defensive injuries would have fallen into that category.
    Well I'm clinging onto the theory that they were a team that could make the playoffs and saving the mental and physical strain for the "easier" ties.
    SL knows what he has at his disposal, that his side would not measure up. Clearly they didn't.