+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: SHEFFIELD UTD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

We're very good at lifting teams aren't we.

Jack's were in shit form..played us.

Sunderland weren't pulling up trees.. get a win.

Sheff Utd struggling for goals.. we gift them 4.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We're very good at lifting teams aren't we.

Jack's were in shit form..played us.

Sunderland weren't pulling up trees.. get a win.

Sheff Utd struggling for goals.. we gift them 4.
    Last two games have convinced me we’re going down

Not due to lack of desire but because we can’t play football

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It isn't surprising at all.

Our threats at one point were Morrison, Moore, Flint and a few others.

We got rid of them all and replaced them with players who aren't as good at set pieces. It is no mystery.
    Tactically though why is 1 of our threats doing the annoy the keeper stuff at corners?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    What do I win? Hopefully a new chairman and owner.
    They're alright.

He keeps the club afloat you know.
    No plan, no self awareness and no idea but he shells out monthly to run the club so can't be questioned.
    We need to be thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Tactically though why is 1 of our threats doing the annoy the keeper stuff at corners?
    One of our threats?

How many goals has this threat scored? Just because they're tall doesn't make them a threat by default.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Last two games have convinced me we’re going down

Not due to lack of desire but because we can’t play football
    Sad to say I feel the same......

Re: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Disappointing, but probably what most people were expecting. I can't see Sheff Utd staying long in the Premier, mind - they weren't that good. Some poor errors caused goals - Allsop, McGuinness - and we still struggle to score. I never thought I'd say it, but we definitely lost something when Etete went off.

A result and a scoreline that serves to further highlight Cardiff's inability to remain organised and switched on both individually and as a team, a trait that has cost them precious points this season. And today to rub salt in the wounds the club's half decent goal difference compared to the teams around them has taken a hit.

The manner and type of goals conceded coupled with the fact that this is a team that struggles to score goals is indicative of a team that is destined for relegation. A helping hand is there due to other teams performing as poorly as Cardiff as well as point deductions for Reading and Wigan. But if Cardiff somehow manage to avoid the drop this season, the future still appears bleak for the club and avoiding this year feels like delaying the inevitable.

That defeat leaves us in deep shite. Hopefully Reading do not beat league leaders and we stay 4th from bottom. Can’t see us winning again this season. Warnock will send us down.

I suppose one consolation is that if we play as today, stop these defensive errors and (I was going to say change the goalkeeper but Alnwick is just as bad..what is Luthra like??), we should beat Rotherham and Huddersfield..
    Wonder if we need a point at Burnley will Bellamy advise a draw to them(!)

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    That defeat leaves us in deep shite. Hopefully Reading do not beat league leaders and we stay 4th from bottom. Can’t see us winning again this season. Warnock will send us down.
    We were one point above relegation at kick off.
    Did anybody expect anything from Sheffield United away?

If we go down we can all be thankful in League 1.
    Then when we balls that up we can all be thankful in League 2.

Then when he finally does one we can all be thankful for where he has left us.

Vincent Tan What's The Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Disappointing, but probably what most people were expecting. I can't see Sheff Utd staying long in the Premier, mind - they weren't that good. Some poor errors caused goals - Allsop, McGuinness - and we still struggle to score. I never thought I'd say it, but we definitely lost something when Etete went off.
    I thought Etete struggled. Rightly taken off. Hes quick just lacks quality needed at this level at the moment.

They're alright.

He keeps the club afloat you know.
    No plan, no self awareness and no idea but he shells out monthly to run the club so can't be questioned.
    We need to be thankful.
    I took eleven pages, but you got there in the end.

Wickham hitting the post was the turning point for me, that goes in and we, deservedly I thought, draw level and it’s game on. Fine margins. 21 shots to their 20, yet lose 4-1 through daft, schoolboy errors. VAR maybe would have ruled out their fourth, seemed like a couple of handballs. Bollocks!!!!!!

I dread to think how many goals we've conceded this season because of absolutely catastrophic defending. It's going to cost us.

If we drop into the bottom 3 I can't see us getting out

Beginning of the season would have said Allsop was an average Championship keeper. He actually seems to have got progressively worse as the season goes on. He's now a rank liability - should have stopped the 1st, missed the ball for the 3rd, and jumped into thin air for their 4th. He is utter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You've written that League 1 beckons before today so you're hardly Mr Blue Sky yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Beginning of the season would have said Allsop was an average Championship keeper. He actually seems to have got progressively worse as the season goes on. He's now a rank liability - should have stopped the 1st, missed the ball for the 3rd, and jumped into thin air for their 4th. He is utter garbage.
    Could have claimed the second - glued to his line

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Agreed about Sheffield United, nothing special at all, but they took maximum advantage of the fact that N’Diaye was too quick for two of our defenders - the strange decision to play O’Dowda in a role I’m pretty sure he’s never filled in his life didn’t help either.

We got a load of players who think the game only lasts 60 minutes

I've never moved from there if the destination is thinking our owner and board are clueless.

You can pretend all is well and changing a manager will somehow work wonders.
    Think what you like. I think what I do and have plenty of evidence publicly available for thinking what I do.

People can blame the players that we've brought in and the manager in the hot seat at the time if they like. That's their issue.

Agreed about Sheffield United, nothing special at all, but they took maximum advantage of the fact that N’Diaye was too quick for two of our defenders - the strange decision to play O’Dowda in a role I’m pretty sure he’s never filled in his life didn’t help either.
    Im not convinced about Lamouchi tactically at all.

You've written that League 1 beckons before today so you're hardly Mr Blue Sky yourself.

League One is beckoning though, although, strangely enough, I’m a bit more hopeful after today than I was on Monday - the difference is that, for example, I think questions need to be asked about our manager again whereas you’re back blaming everything on Tan again.