+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I can understand the feelings of dejection. We were sloppy at crucial moments and paid for it.
    Sheffield United weren't particularly clinical, they were just above average for long stretches of the game.

There were times when we really looked threatening, and for the most part, the home crowd were kept silent.

As stated earlier in this thread - that Wickham effort is a few inches lower...

Edit: Ralls' effort too

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Quite.

But apparently he was great according to some.
    It was Clemo who bought the airplane I believe.

Still haven't said why you think Grogan was so awful??

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Nothing. We've established this.

I suggested a silent protest. It was shot down as the wrong time for it. It is what it is.

We as a fanbase are doing nothing.

We've established you're doing bugger all.

But I thought you were suggesting there are people on 'the other board' (which one) showing the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

Was it really?
    Okay, my bad. I thought it was Grogan.

No. I'll get involved if there is appetite for it.
    The truth is you might as well be a cheerleader for Vinny and his mob for all the difference you make, which is zero. Perhaps you should bear that in mind while you’re moaning about the inaction of others.

I was impressed with the first 45 minutes. I'm going to be positive for a change and say we will make up for today's match and the Swansea and Sunderland results by beating both Rotherham and Huddersfield. I'm tipping at least a draw midweek at Watford.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I can understand the feelings of dejection. We were sloppy at crucial moments and paid for it.
    Sheffield United weren't particularly clinical, they were just above average for long stretches of the game.

There were times when we really looked threatening, and for the most part, the home crowd were kept silent.

As stated earlier in this thread - that Wickham effort is a few inches lower...

Edit: Ralls' effort too
    We had a go. All is not lost yet and we fight on.💪

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The truth is you might as well be a cheerleader for Vinny and his mob for all the difference you make, which is zero. Perhaps you should bear that in mind while you’re moaning about the inaction of others.
    Yeah. Think I'll buy a big red coat.

Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We've established you're doing bugger all.

But I thought you were suggesting there are people on 'the other board' (which one) showing the way?
    The Other Board seem to have more who acknowledge that we're only going one way under this lot.

I genuinely think we'll end up worse than when Hammam was here. Accumulating debt from other places other than Tan could see us in a much worse position but I'll watch from the outside and go back to simply reading the forum.

How do you get a profile deleted? Is it only mods or Mike that can do it?
    Emotions will get very high in the coming weeks. If I can't post then all the better, for me and the threads.

People will see the light one day though. Maybe in League 1, maybe League 2. It also could be too late.
    I'll take no joy in the club going to absolute ruin.

The Other Board seem to have more who acknowledge that we're only going one way under this lot.

I genuinely think we'll end up worse than when Hammam was here. Accumulating debt from other places other than Tan could see us in a much worse position but I'll watch from the outside and go back to simply reading the forum.

Emotions will get very high in the coming weeks. If I can't post then all the better, for me and the threads.

People will see the light one day though. Maybe in League 1, maybe League 2. It also could be too late.
    Just log out. Dont post and post on the other site which youve obviously already done but claimed it was someone else copying your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just log out. Dont post and post on the other site which youve obviously already done but claimed it was someone else copying your posts.
    No. I'll log back in when I see somebody trashing the manager or whatever.

I might sign up on the other side. I might not.
    I genuinely have not posted on the other board.
    My posts were copied by several user names over there

Think I'll stick to watching games and grumbling in the pub after over a pint.

No. I'll log back in when I see somebody trashing the manager or whatever.

I might sign up on the other side. I might not.
    I genuinely have not posted on the other board.
    My posts were copied by several user names over there

Think I'll stick to watching games and grumbling in the pub after over a pint.
    Your just incapable though of debating tactics , team selection ets though. Any time there are any debates about tactics etc you just go off on one about Tan. Its so feckin boring.

Then you are blaming the "Tan apologists" for conributing to the clubs downfall.

This was a thread about todays match and youve again turned it around to Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your just incapable though of debating tactics , team selection ets though. Any time there are any debates about tactics etc you just go off on one about Tan. Its so feckin boring.

Then you are blaming the "Tan apologists" for conributing to the clubs downfall.

This was a thread about todays match and youve again turned it around to Tan.
    I can debate tactics and the like.

I just can't see past the ownership for having created the current situation and it taints almost every thread I get involved in. If the mods or Mike could delete the profile asap please that would be appreciated.

Re: SHEFFIELD UTD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Yeah Lamouchi picked himself didn't he.
    He also messed about with an experiment of putting two managers with zero experience in actually managing for large chunks of the season too.

I blame the decision makers at the club, yes.
    Vincent Tan says he will leave the club in a better position than when he came in. How do you suggest he does that if he thinks the way to achieve that is to spend ever decreasing amounts on absolutely awful players, putting us into an embargo and picking any manager that the manager wheel of fortune falls on in the boardroom?
    He will leave us high and dry in League 2 the way things are going.

We are in a tailspin and people think we might challenge in League 1 if we go down. Don't make me laugh. Let's blame the latest manager that our incompetent board have picked though.

I hope the Tan apologists can look themselves in the mirror when he leaves us with a shell of what this club once was.
    Cardiff City is a Championship club being run on a part-time basis - the one major owner/shareholder doesn't attend games, rarely comments, and Dalman & Choo are mainly concerned with their other business interests. Next year will be the same, as will the season after, and so on. If ever a club was in limbo, it's this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

It is pretty simple.

Look at the our league positions from 77 to 83. Fighting relegation in all bar two, one of which we got relegated.

Thanks!

That other board looks as if it’s winding down , most of the posts are from Wales Online , used to be fairly busy and informative

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Cardiff City is a Championship club being run on a part-time basis - the one major owner/shareholder doesn't attend games, rarely comments, and Dalman & Choo are mainly concerned with their other business interests. Next year will be the same, as will the season after, and so on. If ever a club was in limbo, it's this one.
    This sums us up , it feels like we’re in limbo. There’s many many fans that would like to see Tan replaced, you’re not alone in thinking that Blue lewj , but having supported through the 70s/ 80s / 90s there becomes a worry that we could end in a worse financial mess. I would love Tan to be replaced by a billionaire who wants only the best for the club but there are not many of them around!

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    That other board looks as if it’s winding down , most of the posts are from Wales Online , used to be fairly busy and informative
    I did notice that tbh.

Think a break from posting might do me good.

Is there any way other than through the mods you can get rid of the profile?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    This sums us up , it feels like we’re in limbo. There’s many many fans that would like to see Tan replaced, you’re not alone in thinking that Blue lewj , but having supported through the 70s/ 80s / 90s there becomes a worry that we could end in a worse financial mess. I would love Tan to be replaced by a billionaire who wants only the best for the club but there are not many of them around!
    Oh it is very much between a rock and a hard place.

I just think even an owner with less cash trying their best to run the club as financially sensibly as they can, whatever that looks like, would be better than a bloke who has clearly just lost interest and enthusiasm for the club.

I've said it many times but these bad decision don't suddenly stop once we're relegated. A bad footballing decision has almost the same impact whatever league you're in.

I think this board will be a bad board at League 1 level, even at League 2 level. The worst part for me is failing to acknowledge mistakes and the need for change.

I did notice that tbh.

Think a break from posting might do me good.

Is there any way other than through the mods you can get rid of the profile?
    I can stop you from posting - you can still be logged in, view and send pm's. But not post

Or I can ban the username so you can't log in. Maybe for a few days so you can take a break

International

We played so well for so long only to be let down by McGuiness and Alsopp again!

It's so frustrating, I would drop them both and take a chance on Alnwick, although he's not great either, we might have to suffer him till the end of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I can stop you from posting - you can still be logged in, view and send pm's. But not post

Or I can ban the username so you can't log in. Maybe for a few days so you can take a break
    Ban it if you could please Mike.
    If I want to come back I'll create another account.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We played so well for so long only to be let down by McGuiness and Alsopp again!

It's so frustrating, I would drop them both and take a chance on Alnwick, although he's not great either, we might have to suffer him till the end of the season!
    McGuinness had a mare today but I wouldnt drop him though.

Who do you suggest plays instead anyway.?

Allsop I agree. Can Alnwick be any worse?

International

Re: SHEFFIELD UTD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Last two games have convinced me we’re going down

Not due to lack of desire but because we can’t play football
    Thankfully we are better than QPR, we played well today, but McGuiness and Alsopp had another nightmare, we were giving the second-best team in the league a real game at their place, and bad mistakes and a little bit of bad luck cost us, we had more shots than them, the scoreline does not reflect the game in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Last two games have convinced me we’re going down

Not due to lack of desire but because we can’t play football
    I understand where you are coming from, totally. We seem to get some shit luck as well. Didn't deserve the scoreline today.

I've always through we will stay up and I'm sticking with it 💪