+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

International

Re: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    McGuinness had a mare today but I wouldnt drop him though.

Who do you suggest plays instead anyway.?

Allsop I agree. Can Alnwick be any worse?
    NG and Kipre are fairly solid, but NG is good playing well wide too, but we may have to get them both back in the centre, maybe with McGuiness as a spare man.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Thankfully we are better than QPR, we played well today, but McGuiness and Alsopp had another nightmare, we were giving the second-best team in the league a real game at their place, and bad mistakes and a little bit of bad luck cost us, we had more shots than them, the scoreline does not reflect the game in the slightest.
    We played as well as this group of players can do with the standard of coaching we have and were unlucky maybe that the scoreline was so harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We got a load of players who think the game only lasts 60 minutes
    They usually don't start in the first half either...make your mind up.

Im not convinced about Lamouchi tactically at all.
    Got me wondering today.

Simple swap was to take Simpson off, move Ng into a CB role and bring Romeo on to cover Ng's place at RWB.

Ng has played CB all season makes sense.

Romeo is a RWB makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Got me wondering today.

Simple swap was to take Simpson off, move Ng into a CB role and bring Romeo on to cover Ng's place at RWB.

Ng McGuinness Kipre definitely need to be the 3. Ideally O Dowda LWB. If not Philo then Romeo at RWB.

Sadly theres no perfect answer because the squad is so weak but Lamouchi needs to get the best of what we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I did notice that tbh.

Think a break from posting might do me good.

Is there any way other than through the mods you can get rid of the profile?
    A break from your posting would do a lot of people good.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    A break from your posting would do a lot of people good.

Nice one.

Plenty will be anti Tan and board soon enough if they don't get out of the club.

You'll see.

Who with?

People don't seem upset enough to protest do they.

I'd be on my own it seems. I am astonished that people aren't more fed up with our ownership and board.

Get me on ignore if it bores you.
    I will actually be posting a bit less if possible as it is achieving very little on here. People don't have appetite for even a silent protest with scarves. You can't organise anything with people who seem fine with the owner.
    Don't accept defeat before you've been attempted.

Start a Facebook page. Give it unti last game of the season to gain a bit of traction. Post a few painful paragraphs like you do on here I'm sure you'll gee a few up into attending.

But at least try, before you throw the towel in.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Got me wondering today.

Quite. This is / was the logical move that pretty much everyone commented on after HT.

Just strange…..

Ng McGuinness Kipre definitely need to be the 3. Ideally O Dowda LWB. If not Philo then Romeo at RWB.

Sadly theres no perfect answer because the squad is so weak but Lamouchi needs to get the best of what we've got.
    Ng was poor today, and not for the first time. He's one of the most overrated players we've had in a long time. That said, putting COD at centre back was bizarre. Romeo was on the bench as well. Just mental.

Ban it if you could please Mike.
    If I want to come back I'll create another account.

Thank you.
    A break will do you good.

Speaking from experience you can get into a rut using these sorts of places if they become a part of your daily habit.

Mike I'll have a month off posting as well please, keep the account open. I think I've started to go back down the rabbit hole as well... A break would do me good.

I think you're spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Quite. This is / was the logical move that pretty much everyone commented on after HT.

Just strange…..
    Yeah, did seem the move to make.

Think Bob suggested COD but that was it

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Ng was poor today, and not for the first time. He's one of the most overrated players we've had in a long time. That said, putting COD at centre back was bizarre. Romeo was on the bench as well. Just mental.
    The whole squad isnt great though. Romeo was poor v Sunderland and wasnt a regular in L1 for Portsmouth.

As for Lamouchi and tactics ive no confidence in him at all.

Maybe and ill be shot down in pieces here but maybe just maybe offer Nathan Jones the job long term now. I dont expect Lamouchi to be here next season anyway.

His tactics are all over the place. Just 1 decent set piece could be all it takes to stay up.

Bizarre set of markings from Wales Online, they’re the worst I’ve seen all season and that was nowhere near our worst performance in 22/23.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...tings-26704996

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Thankfully we are better than QPR, we played well today, but McGuiness and Alsopp had another nightmare, we were giving the second-best team in the league a real game at their place, and bad mistakes and a little bit of bad luck cost us, we had more shots than them, the scoreline does not reflect the game in the slightest.
    Yes on reflection it’s still in our hands and they look to be capitulating

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bizarre set of markings from Wales Online, they’re the worst I’ve seen all season and that was nowhere near our worst performance in 22/23.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...tings-26704996
    Ralls and Philogene played well and deserved 7s. Giving Philo man of the match with 5 is pathetic to be honest.

Those 2 7s then work down.

Just got back, all in all an expected result and a scoreline we have done very well to avoid pretty much all season unless I'm forgetting another defeat by such a margin. Lamouchi looks like a manager who is running out of ideas and I wouldn't be at all bothered if we move on from him regardless of this seasons outcome the way things are looking the last month. Though I imagine the quality of personnel we have limits just how many ideas can actually be put to practice.

As a side note, how on earth we aren't in the bottom 3 is ridiculous at this point, so whilst we are bad, there are some teams around us we are equally atrocious and will rightfully be panicking as much as us. This is going to the death... 95th minute winner at Turf Moor to stay up anyone?

Absolutely spot on about NG

I'm a big fan of Ng but he was poor today.
    Shame Ralls didn't score as we had Sheffield's defence rocking. Going forward right up to 3rd goal we looked dangerous.
    Defence let us down again. Everyone culpable. Cant drop the lot.
    Not sure what you do to change things unless you go back 433.

Lowe was in so much space all the time, the pass out wide to him was on constantly, Ng seemed to position himself as if he was still playing as a wide cb

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Lowe was in so much space all the time, the pass out wide to him was on constantly, Ng seemed to position himself as if he was still playing as a wide cb
    It really was especially in the first half.

A few thoughts about today’s game:
    The commentator mentions McGuiness had been ill, may explain why he was below par.
    NG is much more used to, and better at, centre half and looks less comfortable as a full back/ wing back. I can only think Romeo wasn’t back to full fitness as a reason why he didn’t start.
    Simpson did ok, his injury was caused by a cheap shot which deserved a booking. We should have put O’Dowda at LWB and Romeo on the right second half if we were staying as a back 5.
    Wickham aside from his shot that hit the bar looked off the pace when he came on, he was poor against Sunderland too.
    Philogene is such a great player and our only creative forward player currently. He takes players on and causes panic amongst defenders, we need to get him involved more.
    I think we’ll stay up, there seem to be injuries and suspensions a lot at the moment along with the likes of QPR in free fall. If we can avoid losing important players we should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    The commentator mentions McGuiness had been ill, may explain why he was below par.
    NG is much more used to, and better at, centre half and looks less comfortable as a full back/ wing back. I can only think Romeo wasn’t back to full fitness as a reason why he didn’t start.
    Simpson did ok, his injury was caused by a cheap shot which deserved a booking. We should have put O’Dowda at LWB and Romeo on the right second half if we were staying as a back 5.
    Wickham aside from his shot that hit the bar looked off the pace when he came on, he was poor against Sunderland too.
    Philogene is such a great player and our only creative forward player currently. He takes players on and causes panic amongst defenders, we need to get him involved more.
    I think we’ll stay up, there seem to be injuries and suspensions a lot at the moment along with the likes of QPR in free fall. If we can avoid losing important players we should be ok.
    There's being involved, and then there's ALWAYS taking the shot and not looking for a pass..

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I think he said McGuinness was ill for the game against Sunderland.